20211128_204403 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
20211124_075504 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211123_160334.jpg
IMG_20211123_160325.jpg
IMG_20211123_150651.jpg
20211123_173655 (resized).jpg
20211122_200245 (resized).jpg

There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 4 months ago

A reminder that there is an overflow list in case anyone drops out from the main list.

Currently:

1) Richiewrench
2) Richiewrench (I'll limit to one at first if it comes to that, but he has two AMH)
3) Ross

Added 116 days ago:

4) Straker

Added 112 days ago:

5) try2skyme

Added 102 days ago:

6) Azmodeus

#202 3 months ago

More photos tomorrow.

These (bottom pic) are the walls that go behind the elevator to raise the factory plastic up to the new height.

New hardware will be included with the set.

Also a couple pics of the middle panels from the first batch (one with flash, one without). Production sets have more effort into the wood detail than shown in my game.

20210927_165650 (resized).jpg20210927_165733 (resized).jpg20210927_185126 (resized).jpg

#203 3 months ago

AMH is not my thing, but I just want to say you've done an amazing job with this mod-set.
I think you're a shoo-in for FAVORITE PINBALL MOD OF 2021 at the Twippys.

#204 3 months ago
Quoted from miracleman:

AMH is not my thing, but I just want to say you've done an amazing job with this mod-set.
I think you're a shoo-in for FAVORITE PINBALL MOD OF 2021 at the Twippys.

I appreciate the positive feedback

Fingers crossed for a TWIPY. I'm happy to know you find the set to be deserving of the win. Just not sure if the game is too rare to get enough attention. Shall see

#205 3 months ago

This is the last thing I need to make my AMH perfect. Can. not. Wait!

#206 3 months ago

Been waiting for some things to be finished for larger group photos (partially neat for me to just document them coming together, particularly the batches with all 44 sets in them).

The temp help I hoped to get on the mid sanding/staining stage of the left and right back panels unfortunately wound up leading to setbacks in lost panels and time (they're perhaps more demanding than they appear to get as desired), but I got the last of those for the first batch finished today, ready for Marissa to finish painting the frames tomorrow.

Won't be long from here to ship batch #1 (will finally send out messages sometime this weekend). Still hoping to be able to get batch #2 out before Halloween, and of course we'll have a head start compared to batch #1. Third batch should be final to complete the run, presumably by the end of Nov.

-------

For those in OZ, you're likely aware of the suspension of some USPS services (this whole month now). I'll look into what is available, but if there's any issue in the short-term (available shipping cost, etc.), I'd be willing to hold those sets.

#207 3 months ago

Left and right back panels for batch #1 + assembled trays/bottles.

20211001_093023 (resized).jpg20211001_093051 (resized).jpg20211001_101924 (resized).jpg20211001_101939 (resized).jpg
#208 3 months ago

Messages have been sent for batch #1.

Should have another pic up later tonight (finishing up the 44 key boxes currently).

#209 3 months ago

Oh hell yes!

#210 3 months ago
20211003_235231 (resized).jpg20211003_235641 (resized).jpg20211004_000006 (resized).jpg
#211 3 months ago

Here's a copy/paste of an older post I made in the AMH Club thread while developing.

Thought it may be interesting to see after the finished key box run photo.

"For those that like seeing the process, here's a few comparison shots of the key box.

[unnecessary details below ]

One shows the finished piece near one that came off the print bed (slightly different as it was a previous prototype).

The others show some stages of the evolution.

First was just for basic measurements.

Second to test new measurements and add basic wood sculpting (slightly slanted at the back to accommodate the new backboard set).

Third added the key box, but it wound up too short in scale to the lobby table (replacement for the blue ORB guides). I also needed to take the picture frames into account.

Fourth has a taller key box, but I wanted more detail on the key # plaques.

Fifth added the simple plaque detail that works well at this scale/distance, and also a bit more detail to the broken wood. This was the only one that got any clear coat (some areas sanded again afterward)."
12 (resized).jpg22 (resized).jpg32 (resized).jpg

#212 3 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

For those in OZ, you're likely aware of the suspension of some USPS services (this whole month now). I'll look into what is available, but if there's any issue in the short-term (available shipping cost, etc.), I'd be willing to hold those sets.

Another option would be send them up to Spooky and have them ship them in the container with the Aus batch of Haloween/Ultraman? They've done similar in the past for us.

#213 3 months ago

Should have theater photos any day now for batch #1 (nearly complete).

For now, here's 89 sconce diffusers, 89 flicker bulbs, and 178 end caps, ready to get wired into the back panels.

20211006_123836 (resized).jpg20211006_143725 (resized).jpg
#214 3 months ago

Patiently waiting for the second batch. This is going to make AMH what it was meant to be. Worth every penny. Can. Not. Wait!

#215 3 months ago

An extra bottle was made, but was never needed.

I gave it extra glaze and turned it into a keychain.

If anyone from batch #1 wants it, I'll thrown it in with your order. Just post here first and it's yours.

Chain has a lobster claw, so it could easily be transferred to a different ring style (had this one on hand).
20211007_184431 (resized).jpg20211007_184737 (resized).jpg

#216 3 months ago

Heck yeah, I’ll take the keychain if I’m first. Very cool. Thanks.

#217 3 months ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Heck yeah, I’ll take the keychain if I’m first. Very cool. Thanks.

It will be yours

#218 3 months ago

Would go perfect for CCr - lock is lit, and so am I!

#219 3 months ago

More pics bump…my money is in the mail.

#220 3 months ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

More pics bump…my money is in the mail.

More pics will be up tomorrow night

#221 3 months ago

Please add me to the overflow list.
I do not own the game, but a good friend does and this would be his Christmas gift.

Thank you.

#222 3 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Please add me to the overflow list.
I do not own the game, but a good friend does and this would be his Christmas gift.
Thank you.

Not getting my set, but that’s a great friend, and an incredible gift.

#223 3 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Not getting my set, but that’s a great friend, and an incredible gift.

And I will install it. Rock and roll!

#224 3 months ago

Putting the theaters up together for a pic now (will post it soon tonight). More detail in the wood finish than the original theater, and a brighter green for the feet on top.

Railings and bar counters for batch #1 pictured here.

Aiming to be all wrapped up with batch #1 production by tomorrow night, then need to write up instructions before getting everything boxed up.

All parts for batch #2 are on hand.

20211011_203703 (resized).jpg
#225 3 months ago

The darker feet on the theater in my game are invisible under game lighting. Went with a green closer to some of the playfield coloring (same as the "666" on the Hellevator). Wood difference is subtle, but wood grain detail is closer to the rest of the set, and the mouldings have a second coat of stain compared to the original.

20211011_213052 (resized).jpg20211011_213142 (resized).jpg

#226 3 months ago

The level of detail is incredible. Not even new pins get this attention. AMH with this mod will be highly sought after. I can’t wait!! Loving this game. My daughter will have something when we die! Lol.

#227 3 months ago

Batch #1 is complete.

Here's a picture of 126 pieces of heat shrink tubing

20211013_194907 (resized).jpg
#228 3 months ago

And now…batch #2!! Whhoooo!!

#229 3 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

And now…batch #2!! Whhoooo!!

Already on it (also tackling the Elvira run and an ACNC lab run this week).

Will get instructions sorted, boxes ready, etc., and plan to ship batch #1 on the 18th (Monday).

#230 3 months ago

Meant to post this earlier.

This is where the set # is written with a silver paint pen. Kept it away from the inner door so it's hidden unless intentionally looking for it.

20211014_183548 (resized).jpg

#231 3 months ago

I cannot wait for batch #2!!! I plan to install this, the NOS color LCD kit that I scored, Cliffy set and the sound mod. This kit looks amazing, and I can’t wait to experience it in person! Thank you for sharing your artistry with us!

#232 3 months ago

Instructions (boxing up currently). Pinside displaying the photos as page 1, 3, then 2. Really not a difficult install despite the size of the set.

As noted on the railings, they'll need to be hot glued. Wasn't what I hoped for, and was part of the reason I didn't attempt them before reveal. I tried a couple revisions before SFGE, but the filament didn't allow for the snap in connection I hoped for (seemed good on test, but failed a couple games in). No glue will be visible if installed this way.

20211018_162043 (resized).jpg
AMH install 1 (resized).pngAMH install 3 (resized).pngAMH install 2 (resized).png

#233 3 months ago

Going to miss the shipping cut off today. Been wrapping/boxing the last five hours, which is longer than I expected they'd take.

Trying to be as careful as possible with the back paneling.

Will have them out tomorrow for sure.

#234 3 months ago

Medisinyl you need to print a couple of these

keep eyes open (resized).JPG
#235 3 months ago

No human being would stack boxes this way...

Batch #1 has been shipped.

Will send out tracking numbers this evening.

20211019_141804 (resized).jpg
#236 3 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

No human being would stack boxes this way...
Batch #1 has been shipped.
Will send out tracking numbers this evening. [quoted image]

Mine arrived today! Won’t install for another week or so, but was happy to see it get here so quick.

#237 3 months ago

I like your style, Greg. Vigo guards my game room as well. Looking forward to receiving/installing!

290D3F58-98EC-4294-AA6A-017C1EB5344D (resized).jpeg
#238 3 months ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Mine arrived today! Won’t install for another week or so, but was happy to see it get here so quick.

Glad they're arriving quickly.

Hopefully installs all go smoothly and other AMH games don't vary much from mine.

Looking forward to what everyone thinks

Quoted from EasternBloc:

I like your style, Greg. Vigo guards my game room as well. Looking forward to receiving/installing!
[quoted image]

Ha! Awesome I imagine some new guests question my mental health (opposite that wall is the kitchen he's staring down).

#239 3 months ago

My Butler (Mr.Pumpkin) secured my package after a hard day in the laboratory. Hoping when time permits to install this weekend.

Thank You Medisinyl
F7904C85-36EB-4121-A051-195961303D37 (resized).jpeg

#240 3 months ago

So excited!!! Hoping to get started on it Sunday.

20211022_135249 (resized).jpg
#241 3 months ago

Just finished up the install. Love it! Mod of the year!

541852C0-9D00-4BA9-B842-A8ACCA456D66 (resized).jpegB1059CD3-D662-4795-88DD-31D428D906DD (resized).jpegE2F5D32A-06A1-4F51-87CD-BF5033E83DF3 (resized).jpegF7791B46-F2E1-4D36-A3CD-9CCD7F90D4C3 (resized).jpeg
#242 3 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome Thank you for the photos! Neat to see the set without mirror blades for the first time. Sconces appear to glow off the art blades in a satisfying way.

While the framing looks good on the portraits (more leeway there), I do see that the backboard art positioning is off compared to my game as the eyes on the right aren't lining up as intended. One solution for this scenario could be to print out a set of eyes to place in the holes or behind the panel (perhaps a copy of game art if possible...or something creepier).

Of course the advance hotel piece isn't installed in this photo.

The other thing I notice is that your theater door may be oriented at a slightly different angle than the one in my game. May not be noticed by others, but I wonder if a slim spacer under the mounting points would be the best way level it out if necessary. Your door angle here looks better/flatter than mine. Your centering doesn't look far off, but if anyone has that issue, there is some leeway in the mounting holes for positioning.

Ultimately happy to see no significant issues on install. Of all games, this early Spooky is the one I worried may be a bit wonky game to game (makes a difference when some design decisions are down to a quarter of a millimeter ).

------------------------------------------

As a side note, in case anyone worries they may forget to remove the backboard corner pieces when lifting the playfield to max...they're strong enough to take that hit and remind you (tested ), so no concerns there.

#243 3 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet!

#244 3 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Awesome Thank you for the photos! Neat to see the set without mirror blades for the first time.
While the framing looks good on the portraits (more leeway there), I do see that the backboard art positioning is off compared to my game as the eyes on the right aren't lining up as intended. One solution for this scenario could be to print out a set of eyes to place in the holes or behind the panel (perhaps a copy of game art if possible).
Of course the elevator riser piece for the back isn't installed yet here, which would obscure that area a bit. Some may prefer not installing that piece.
The other thing I notice is that your theater door may be oriented at a slightly different angle than the one in my game. The left to right gapping should be able to be centered as there's a little bit of play in the mounting point for variation, but the door angle would either require sanding the left foot/moulding piece, placing a spacer under the mounting points, or adjusting for whatever difference has my door at a different angle (though yours pictured looks to have the better, flatter angle). I imagine most wouldn't notice the difference from player perspective if not pointed out.
Ultimately happy to see no significant issues on install. Of all games, this early Spooky is the one I worried may be a bit wonky game to game (makes a difference when some design decisions are down to a quarter of a millimeter ).
------------------------------------------
As a side note, in case anyone worries they may forget to remove the backboard corner pieces when lifting the playfield to max...they're strong enough to take that hit and remind you (tested ), so no concerns there.

I didn’t even notice the eyes…where’s my paint pen…
The theater rested in a slightly different position until I backed off the two closest nuts just a bit. I may go back and tweak it now that I see what you’ve pointed out.
And you are correct, from the player’s perspective, you don’t notice any of this.

#245 89 days ago

Installing and came across this problem. The theatre ghost eye slits were too low. Used a deemed to widen.

E464C225-0F0F-4D89-82AD-6814135662E4 (resized).jpeg0B019DBB-335C-4C3F-84F7-A2A62E37080B (resized).jpeg37E14D84-BD55-4B39-9755-1E5AC85F139C (resized).jpeg
#246 89 days ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Installing and came across this problem. The theatre ghost eye slits were too low. Used a deemed to widen.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Same as Wes pictured above it seems.

As noted, I did worry there would be differences amongst the games, but if this is the worst of it, then that's not too much of a hurdle.

Thank you for tackling a fix for your specific fitment (the suggestion I made above was to perhaps print eyes to place behind the panel, but this works too).

It may have been a mistake to design those holes so precise to my game, knowing the Spooky games tend to vary at times.

#247 89 days ago

The “fix” looks great…and easy. This is pinball…you just learn to roll with it. It’ll all work out fine. Installing lighted flippers on AMH today. Can’t wait for this mod set!

#248 89 days ago

All done. Looks great. Those crimp connectors were a bit tough to get right. Other than that, no issues. I left the led strip above the back in place for now. The bell was a nice detail.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg
#249 89 days ago

Oh and those helavator plastic screws are tiny!

#250 89 days ago
Quoted from Crile1:

All done. Looks great. Those crimp connectors were a bit tough to get right. Other than that, no issues. I left the led strip above the back in place for now. The bell was a nice detail.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great. Thank you for the photos. You may be aware that the smaller railing pieces were meant to go to the left of the theater

And yeah, I felt the bell and key box were necessary to make the lobby intention obvious without cluttering the game.

I had debated a lit lamp, old cash register, damaged phone, log book, etc. in that area, but once too many details like that are thrown in, I find it crosses into "dollhouse" territory and would clash. Opportunity is there for owners to do as they like

There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside