Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PorkChopExpress
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Not every pinball player is good, so why should every tutorial be from a good player? This video is just some mediocre players hanging out and playing some Metallica.

#2 2 years ago

Hate to bump this, but you put some effort into this and the camera work was good.

This falls into the realm of so bad its good. But it's really not.

No need to apologize for being mediocre player but at a minimum you should know the rules and (imo) no kids should be allowed to flail away in tutorial.

IMO if you expect someone to watch more than 5 minutes you need some content, not just people playing the game all not knowing the rules.

Note I could only watch 5 minutes so I may have missed something epic?

#3 2 years ago

I think the title of this thread is fantastic!

#4 2 years ago

40 seconds in and still nothing ..... you need to edit this .

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

no kids should be allowed to flail away in tutorial.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on that point. The little girl I saw playing at the beginning wasn't flailing. You could tell that she has some legitimate skills she's trying to master. I saw a really nice live catch and she clearly knew the ruls and was going after add-a-ball during Sparky.

I'm giving her props for playing so well. If that's flailing, I must need to work on my skills.

#6 2 years ago

I do appreciate the feedback but like Spyderturbo007 I have to respectfully disagree that the little girl was flailing.

Other than that, all points well taken. The video is a straight copy of my Twitch stream, so some editing would help especially easy stuff like reducing the 40 seconds of nothing while I'm waiting to make sure the stream connection is solid. I guess another issue is this is not really a "tutorial". Being a mostly crap player myself I'm coming at the game and explaining how to reduce the game to the fewest number of shots that can lead to not absolutely terrible points. In the case of Metallica, bash sparky. There are plenty of other people showing the full depth of the games. My videos are really just my friends and I screwing around drinking, playing pinball and occasionally remember to say what we're doing.

Maybe there isn't an audience for that.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

My videos are really just my friends and I screwing around drinking, playing pinball and occasionally remember to say what we're doing.
Maybe there isn't an audience for that.

Ha that's the entire goddamn internet and the focus of every major social media site. PLAY ON PLAYER!

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha that's the entire goddamn internet and the focus of every major social media site. PLAY ON PLAYER!

haha, yeah I'm just trying to have fun while doing my thing and hoping maybe a few people enjoy it.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

haha, yeah I'm just trying to have fun while doing my thing and hoping maybe a few people enjoy it.

Next time I'm in the Huntsville area, I'd like to show you how to play terrible pinball while drinking beer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Jacob, IL
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
New York, NY
$ 399.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 25.50
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 279.95
Machine - For Sale
Fairbank, IA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside