• 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

75327083_2475329026068690_5399905967141814272_n (resized).png
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Hi All,

I see it will have the double finished playfield like the LE’s.

I’ve heard rumors of a larger color display for the 2019 versions at some point, anyone else hear anything about that?

I’m hoping it’s true and that it will drive down the 2015 MMR's a bit more into my price range

Cheers!
Mike

#2 4 years ago

They are making more standards. At the same price as before $7999. No official word on the large display. Supposedly this was to be an add on sold separately-no official confirmation

#3 4 years ago

Ive seen posts about pre-orders. I think there is one person on pinside advertising them FS. Id like to understand more about this as well.

Also I know this topic has been discussed but are all purchases regardless of state being taxed on these machines?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Also I know this topic has been discussed but are all purchases regardless of state being taxed on these machines?

The tax collection nightmare falls on the distributor’s shoulders. So highly dependent on who you deal with.

#5 4 years ago

Supposedly going back into production in July, or after MBR LE’s and I’m assuming the remaining SE and CE orders are built. Then making standards like another poster said. Wouldn’t expect anything else at this point.

#6 4 years ago

Really wish they'd focus on a producing a new remake title and revisit old ones while they wait to spin up for the next new title?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Really wish they'd focus on a producing a new remake title and revisit old ones while they wait to spin up for the next new title?

Who says they aren't?? Those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive: Production teams can produce pins and development teams can develop pins at the same time....

#8 4 years ago

Hi There,

I found the double coat playfield here:

https://www.thepinballcompany.com/product/medieval-madness-remake/

"The Medieval Madness Standard will come with original trim, double hard coat *, and is shaker motor enabled (not included)."

* I think the double hard coat was a LE only feature before this latest run.

Anyone's guess on what their next reproduction might be? I'd fight to be first in line for an Indiana Jones!

Cheers,
Mike

#9 4 years ago

Fingers crossed on a 6k CE version just like AFMr and MBr.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Assembly line open. People on hand. Not ready for the next remake or their own title yet. Keep the line going.

Quoted from Coz:

No official word on the large display. Supposedly this was to be an add on sold separately-no official confirmation

If and when, it will be after market. No sense pissing off previous customers.

LTG : )

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Assembly line open. People on hand. Not ready for the next remake or their own title yet. Keep the line going.

If and when, it will be after market. No sense pissing off previous customers.

I’d doubt they’ll make their own orginal title anytime soon when the have at least 20 games they can remake and sell for 8k

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’d doubt they’ll make their own orginal title anytime soon when the have at least 20 games they can remake and sell for 8k

They weren't ever looking at 20. Originally 10, later maybe 7. Not including BBBR.

All speculation until announced.

#13 4 years ago

I don't remember the LE playfield being any different than the SE for MMR. They were all double coated clear. LE had an installed shaker, and serial number plaque and color chip discount but the cab and playfield were the same. I think CGC added melanine (sp?) sides and coin mechs later to all units.

#14 4 years ago

I heard a newer version, larger display
And more. Only problem is getting LE buyers from the past getting upset ? I say bring it !!!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

And more. Only problem is getting LE buyers from the past getting upset ? I say bring it !!!

I wouldn't care as long as I got a nice discount on the larger display.
-Mike

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Fingers crossed on a 6k CE version just like AFMr and MBr.

That would be awesome, but I everything I've heard is $7,999. I'm out at $7,999, but would strongly consider one at the $5,999 price point.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That would be awesome, but I everything I've heard is $7,999. I'm out at $7,999, but would strongly consider one at the $5,999 price point.

CGC doesn’t want to piss off all the MMr owners by lowering the price. I would definitely buy if they would sell at the AFMr Classic and MBr Classic price of $5999.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Not what I heard.

#19 4 years ago

Note to CGC: Onto IJr please.

#20 4 years ago

Let's get an add on kit with an XL display and molded topper!

#21 4 years ago

New larger display. Same price

If they really want to sell more then it needs to be at AFMr price

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

New larger display. Same price
If they really want to sell more then it needs to be at AFMr price

The higher MMr prices subsidized the technology that AFMr and MBr leveraged to be able to sell versions for $5999, as MMr was first out of the block. I am talking about the chipset and the color display chip etc. Please thank an MMr owner. I am one. Who's gonna subsize the XL display?

#23 4 years ago

I say make one closer to original and try and hit that $5999 or even $6500 cost and I'm in, then noone feels robbed, would be the most basic model. just saying price point would hit alot of us better.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

I say make one closer to original

Do you mean a DMD instead of the LCD ? Back date all the electronics and make all original type boards in the head and light boards under the playfield ? One coat of clear on the playfield instead of two ?

There isn't much else I can think of to make it closer to the original.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Note to CGC: Onto IJr please.

IJR ? Right after they build TBL !

#26 4 years ago

IJr, MMr, BBBr, CCr...

Soooo many great titles.
I've got to start saving more money.

#27 4 years ago

All of this speculation on price doesn't matter if the other rumor is true - distributors are telling customers the 2019 run is almost already sold out. I agree MMr would be a steal at current pricing, it's so good imo. They won't though, they already sold this run at $8000 and it would anger existing customers

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

it would anger existing customers

would it really?

and if so, would they be correct to be angered?

The reality is that many of them were stoked to get a MMr for a fraction of what MM was selling for. They knew they were paying way over what the real world value was just because of MM prices at that time. They got to enjoy that game for a few years.
I would say tough shit honestly. You take a risk, you are buying an 8k game for shitshake, and you cant expect it to hold value. The same as people that paid 12k for unrestored originals. Stop thinking of pinball as an investment or that is will always hold value, esp those high dollar games.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

would it really?
and if so, would they be correct to be angered?
The reality is that many of them were stoked to get a MMr for a fraction of what MM was selling for. They knew they were paying way over what the real world value was just because of MM prices at that time. They got to enjoy that game for a few years.
I would say tough shit honestly. You take a risk, you are buying an 8k game for shitshake, and you cant expect it to hold value. The same as people that paid 12k for unrestored originals. Stop thinking of pinball as an investment or that is will always hold value, esp those high dollar games.

Throw up a poll if you want to check. I can only speak for myself and I know it would make me mad if they dropped the price. It would make me wait in the future because now I expect they'll just drop the price.

And as for by thinking of pins as an investment, I think this hobby would die if pins stopped holding their value. So many people justify this hobby by knowing they can get most of their money back when selling. If that stopped being true, I suspect most people would be very hesitant to buy a game

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

If that stopped being true, I suspect most people would be very hesitant to buy a game

you should probably stop buying 8k+ games IMHO.

You should expect every one of them to drop at least 20% in the next 18 months after purchase.

5k and less... not so much.
But those high end games are for sure dropping off like a used car.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you should probably stop buying 8k+ games IMHO.
You should expect every one of them to drop at least 20% in the next 18 months after purchase.
5k and less... not so much.
But those high end games are for sure dropping off like a used car.

I don't buy $8000 games because I couldn't stomach losing 20% if I ever need to sell. Not that I agree with your 20% number. If that were true huo MMR would be selling for $6400. MMR and a game like potc may be the exception rather than the standard, those just happen to be two games I want in my collection.

I'll stick to used games and keep counting on games holding their value. If that stops, my purchases slow way down.

Back to the point of this thread though, my money is on the same price since they're not having trouble selling them right now at that price and it WOULD anger some of their current owners, whether you think they are justified in that isn't my concern

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

All of this speculation on price doesn't matter if the other rumor is true - distributors are telling customers the 2019 run is almost already sold out.

Not just distributors are saying that. I talked with a couple of guys from CGC at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown and they said that most of the run has already been pre-ordered so if I didn't have an order yet to make sure I got one soon.

#33 4 years ago

gotta love the false hype train on the sales.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

gotta love the false hype train on the sales.

gotta love the mispelled titles.

#35 4 years ago

Dropping price angering people. Hmmm
If it were my company I'd be looking at what makes sense for me and let's face it, a remake does hurt original machine resale value. Most people arent purists and are perfectly happy to pay less. The attitude of buying stuff as an investment is just plain stupid and even more stupid is setting an expectation that the company should protect your purchase price . I buy what I like original or remake makes ZERO difference. When I do buy I try to buy at a price point that when I do sell I'm perfectly happy to break even and if I do lose it's minimal and chalk it up to convenience of having one in my house.

#36 4 years ago

The MGC show used (250 plays) $5499 MBr CE was one of the most satisfying pinball purchases for me in recent history. I don't care about the larger screen, topper, color effects, etc. Its a dream for me to get any of these "top tier" Bally/WMS/Capcom games basically new in the 5-6k price range.

If CGC continues with the current pricing formula (AFMr and MBr), my bank account is going to get hammered over the next few years and I will be smiling the whole way.

1 month later
#37 4 years ago

July has come and gone. Any updates?!

#38 4 years ago

MMr was manufactured by Stern and sold for $8k. With GCG making the next run of MMr, I would expect the price to drop naturally. And they would sell a ton at the MBr classic price. At $8,000 it will be a slow mover. Lots of options out there, including the other CGC remakes.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

MMr was manufactured by Stern and sold for $8k.

Just the limited edition one and small run of the standards. The rest of the standards were built by CGC

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Supposedly going back into production in July, or after MBR LE’s and I’m assuming the remaining SE and CE orders are built. Then making standards like another poster said. Wouldn’t expect anything else at this point.

apparently remaking the le's . larry at flip n out just listed one and said it was made 2 weeks ago.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

apparently remaking the le's . larry at flip n out just listed one and said it was made 2 weeks ago.

They’re remaking MBr LE not MMr LE.

1 month later
#42 4 years ago

Anyone heard anything about this run? I haven’t put down a deposit on one, but did ask to have my name put down to be contacted once info comes out. Still haven’t heard anything.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Anyone heard anything about this run? I haven’t put down a deposit on one, but did ask to have my name put down to be contacted once info comes out. Still haven’t heard anything.

I have a deposit on one. My distributor(in Canada) was told by CGC that it was a small run and would be out “early Q4”. I expect to get it next month.

Cheers,

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I spoke to PPS last week...the rumor is CGC will be making these in the October/November timeframe....CGC makes great games, but they are not great at making schedules...I would assume December/January timeframe...if they are really making 500 games I highly doubt their sold out...

#45 4 years ago

Yeah I emailed CGC and heard back pretty quickly. No timeframe given but said we should hear something sooner rather than later essentially.

#46 4 years ago

The most recent thing from my distributor is Q4. I’ve had my deposit in since April.

#47 4 years ago

I look forward to another run because frankly it will drop the street value of the HUO market. Right now the only thing propping it up is that supply is low vs. demand. Once supply catches up, MMR will be selling for $6500-$7000 all day long.

#48 4 years ago

I don't know why CGC would care if they pissed off original buyers....they would sell a shit load more games if they went to the MBR pricing model. I highly doubt MMR costs more to make than MMR...they should have an SE model with larger screen at $7500...they would sell a lot more units....

2 months later
#49 4 years ago

I got to get my #1 MMr LE as well this week that we won on the auction. Kind of on the bubble on this one - I think I will sell my other MMr LE that one I just have one of these on the floor or should I just keep the #1 MMr boxed up - its got the prototype topper as well that came with the JDRF Auction that I won.

I can switch the mods or just buy new ones - I don't think I get much more by having all those mods on the MMr LE one that I have now. What will a MMr LE sell for these days - with everything powder coated...Just curious

If anyone is interested in buying my MMr LE - Send me a message - Make a good deal on it and very little plays - MINT SHAPE

Chicago Gaming has been awesome to work with - Really good team over there at that company.

#50 4 years ago

Visited a local (large) distributor on Friday, and he said that all of the new run of Medieval Madness is already sold out. He said that he was only allocated 3 machines and they went to people on his waiting list right away.
He said that the new run was only 500 machines and 350 of them were the Royal edition.
This seems strange to me. Why even bother with Special and/or Classic editions if you are only going to make about 75 of each?
I was hoping to pick up a Special edition in a few months, after I sold a machine to make room (and help pay for it).

Any idea if this info is correct? Other distributors (on-line) are advertising them as available (though I haven't called them to verify). It appears that Special and Classic editions of Monster Bash are still available (but LE's are gone). I had sort of assumed the same would hold true for MM for a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medievil-madness-2019-remake-rumors?hl=parzival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.