• Latest reply 12 years ago by terrable
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
images-4.jpeg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago

MM is a fantastic game but I think there are a few better games out there!Woz is not proved yet although the design team is top of the tier and with 15 years of newer technology, I would go with WOZ!!

#52 12 years ago

I really hope WOZ is successful so JJP can continue to make more pins and evolve. I think WOZ will be fantastic, but it will probably take a few games for them to learn how to best integrate the LCD into the overall experience. It's kind of like Pinball 2000. If they had been able to make a few more games, they most likely would have been vast improvements over RFM and SWE1.

#53 12 years ago

I personally would go for WOZ over MM. WOZ is a bit cheaper and judging from the hype it is going to be a modern day masterpiece.

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I like Nordman games too but making it sound like his designs have more flow then Ritchie may be a little off base. (=

There is a reason one guys nickname is "the king of flow"

I know that there are plenty of Ritchie heads out there, and there is no doubt that the guy invented the flowing pin style. All I'm saying is that Nordman when he chooses a flow-type game, (DM, I500, Wh20) he kills it. And that I prefer most of his games to that of Steve Ritchies, that's all. SM and STTNG are both killer pins as well, although just flow I think DM has them both beat. (just flow, I'm not gonna argue theme, or art, or rules, or anything like that).
I just wanted to give a little credit to a designer that usually gets ignored. No disresprect smassa.

#55 12 years ago

Nordman can make flow games, but just looking at the playfield, I'm not sure WOZ is going to be such a game. Why are people theorizing that it's going to be a flow game, anyway?

I see obscene numbers of standup targets - targets don't usually mean flow... The rescue playfield doesn't look flowy, and they'll be playing with the LCD screen, which likely means interrupting the flow for video modes or watching flashy animations.

#56 12 years ago

I don't think WOZ will be a flow game at all. It seems like it will be much more in the vein of TZ. And for the record, Nordman is not the lead designer on WOZ. Balcer is. Nordman will be taking lead on JJP's next pin.

#57 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Nordman is not the lead designer on WOZ. Balcer is. Nordman will be taking lead on JJP's next pin.

Yeah, sorry I sidetracked the thread a little DrAzzy. WOZ is gonna be a lot more like TSPP than any type of flow game, Nordman is just a consultant on it.

#58 12 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

Hmm, I just don't see that... At the local arcade (with a very well restored TAF), I get games about as short as Iron Man on it (At least IM has a ball saver; that TAF appears to have the ball saver entirely disabled, even if you don't hit anything). Can't seem to get anywhere with it, it's absolutely brutal, and really kinda depressing to play. Maybe i'd like it more if I wasn't so rotten at it...

That's better for home use. Any game that kicks your ass means longevity at home. TAF isn’t usually overly difficult in relation to other machines, could be the out lanes have been really liberated on the one you are playing. It’s such a fun game to play, only game where I really try on all modes to finish everyone, as they are all fun.

#59 12 years ago

hmmm, nib woz or mm? i voted woz, a gamble perhaps. but i believe jjp's team will throw everything at this game to make it truly amazing.

woz will be full of suprises and technology making 90's pins look like 90's cars compared to todays cars.

nothing wrong with mm, just looking for something fresh, new, and next generation.

#60 12 years ago
Quoted from vex:

woz will be full of suprises and technology making 90's pins look like 90's cars compared to todays cars.

nothing wrong with mm, just looking for something fresh, new, and next generation.

I agree with this!!

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I personally would go for WOZ over MM. WOZ is a bit cheaper and judging from the hype it is going to be a modern day masterpiece

Well earlier in the thread he said he could get a 9.4 out of 10 MM for cheaper then what he could get a WoZ for. So if that it the case I'm sorry I'd grab the MM in a heartbeat. I'm in on the WoZ preorder but if someone offered me up a super nice MM and $400 and all I had to do was give him my NIB WoZ it would be adios WoZ.

#62 12 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

I agree with the above, I think both Stern and JJ will take pinball from the Dot Matrix age into the LCD age, which will make DM games look dated pretty soon. I also think it takes time and experience to make the most of such advances. We'll just have to wait and see!

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from emo:

I agree with the above, I think both Stern and JJ will take pinball from the Dot Matrix age into the LCD age, which will make DM games look dated pretty soon. I also think it takes time and experience to make the most of such advances. We'll just have to wait and see!

Im curious to see how they implement the LCD display but lets not all forget that we are talking about pinball & not video games. I dont care if they put a 55" HD display over the top if they dont make it a fun machine to play with some new ground breaking features they will still not be any bette r then what was being turned out in the late 90's.

Most of the time I barely have time to look at the DMD anyways since I prefer games with faster flow & what they have been able to do with a DMD display has been pretty impressive over the years. So to just say that these new games are gonna blow away the 90's masterpieces just cause it has a video display seems a little presumptuous.

#64 12 years ago

I would like the ball to disappear into the LCD screen and to then play some cool virtual pinball.

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Most of the time I barely have time to look at the DMD anyways since I prefer games with faster flow & what they have been able to do with a DMD display has been pretty impressive over the years. So to just say that these new games are gonna blow away the 90's masterpieces just cause it has a video display seems a little presumptuous.

I agree with you, displays that don't add to the game are a total waste of time and can only make a game worse. I remember Pinball 2000 and walking past SWE1 to play "proper pinball games".
I'm not saying that they will "blow them away" I'm just saying it will date DM games if manufacturers go over to LCD's. Just like now when you look at an Alphanumeric game or EM game.

In some ways LCD's are way overdue in pinball as they have had them in pachinko games for years.

#66 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

But WOZ should still be a solid contender for top 10 at the very least.
Top 20?

Really?
The game isn't even out, how can a game yet to be completed by rated?

#67 12 years ago

Obviously HP you have not downloaded the most recent iPhone app yet...

images.jpegimages.jpeg

If you would have seen the top 100 list like I did in 2016, you wouldn't of had to post such nonsense!

#68 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Obviously HP you have not downloaded the most recent iPhone app yet... []

Good work nimble, glad to see you finally got your flux capacitor operating through your iphone. Just got finished rewatching this trilogy, bravo on the ref nimble.

#69 12 years ago

It's a WOZ LE edition!

Just put my name down for it 5 mins ago.

Figured since I own an AFM there is no need to get a very similar title.

#70 12 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

TAF appears to have the ball saver entirely disabled

Sadly, there is no ball saver option on TAF.

#71 12 years ago

go with the woz and tell me where the mm is so i can buy it.

1 month later
#72 12 years ago
Quoted from Holy_Pickle:

Neither

MM=not a top5 pin IMO
WOZ= Can't stand the theme

+1 you nailed it. I know it's an old post, but I had to agree.

#73 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

+1 you nailed it. I know it's an old post, but I had to agree

It would appear that the pinside community disagrees with you both. (:

#74 12 years ago

Yeah I know I'm definitely in the minority on this one.

#75 12 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

What does she look like? Got pics? []

$5 make u holla LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-or-woz/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.