(Topic ID: 93892)

Medieval Madness(Price drop How low will it GO?

By Hondanut

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by LITZ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

50945961.jpg
2699.gif
internet-troll-20110516-102141.jpg
1346779156_extremely_low_limbo.gif
trolls.jpg
funny-gifs-yeah-right.gif
download.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swf127.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You are making an assumption that MMLE buyers are happy prices are falling because they are dicks. Nobody is "laughing" at anyone. For me, an MMLE buyer, I'm happy prices are falling because I love pinball machines and would love to see them cheaper, even if it means my collection isn't worth as much. I'd like to buy more.

I agree with this. So many people are focused on making sure they're not out of pocket when owning a machine. If I went down that path, it would cease being fun. For me, pinball is a stress tampon. If I have to start stressing about how much my machines are worth, defeats the purpose. I'm glad if more people own more pins.

Quoted from jalpert:

Also, you are assuming that the MMLE buyers care that their games are taking a hit. I don't think many of them do, they are fine with it, they just want a fun game at a reasonable (comparatively speaking to before the announcment) price.

When you buy a NIB pin, most of the time it's a hit or miss proposition, right? IE: I pre-ordered an STLE because I love the theme. I'm lucky in that I also love the game, but it could have sucked. It was a risky purchase. If you're buying an MMR, you know a priori the game kicks ass. The only variable is how well PPS executes on the remake. It'll hold value better than most of the crap we all buy as Vid alluded to earlier....

I'd never bother to put a shaker on an MM. A shaker on an AFM any day of the week and twice on Sunday, but probably not an MM. Different strokes I guess.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

not interested in MMr unless it hits $4k… at that price it would be a good flip!

I think an original or HEP restore deserves some premium over a reissue, but your position seems extreme. If it plays like the original and has two coats of clear, why wouldn't you snag it if it were selling for 6K? I realize I'm not a real collector. I love to play, want to preserve the games I own and have a preference for the original design, but you seem to dislike MMR on principle. Is that true and if so, why?

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

not sure why so many seem to enjoy seeing current MM owners losing value on their pins? I currently don't even own one and hate to see some of these guys losing value on them but some here seem to enjoy it...

Sorry, dude. I was typing my reply while you were typing yours. This makes sense.. Cheers.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What else might they do either before the game comes out or in the future to improve upon the game?

It depends on your goals. This being the first reissue, the PPS guys need to prove they can faithfully reproduce a classic pin. There's nothing wrong with nice touches, but it's a fine line.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swf127.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madnessprice-drop-how-low-will-it-go?tu=swf127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.