• ST Premium 8 votes
    11%
  • Dialed In 38 votes
    51%
  • JJP Pirates 4 votes
    5%

(74 votes)

#1 9 months ago

Going to be making my next pin purchase decision very slowly. Just reconsidered MM again, played it once in a very dark setting at MGC, couldn't hardly see the ball. Played Dialed In many times, like it. Owned Star Trek Pro before, loved it, regret selling it.

#2 9 months ago

All three good machines. Dialed In! is the best machine, especially in a small collection, unless theme is a big component to what you’re wanting, then one of the other two would be the better choice.

#3 9 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

All three good machines. Dialed In! is the best machine, especially in a small collection, unless theme is a big component to what you’re wanting, then one of the other two would be the better choice.

This is your next this vs that on the show except it's a 3 pin match up for the first time ever.

#4 9 months ago

MMR all day, followed by ST, then DI and finally JJPOTC... which might go up when it gets released and I get to spend some serious time on it.

Disclosure, I own MMR and have owned a ST Prem.

#5 9 months ago

I have MM and DI. MM is fun to play even if you don't know what you're doing, very fast action and a lot of fun. DI requires you to be more precise and hit things in order, otherwise your score will be very low. I've only played ST at the arcades and it seemed ok but not as much fun to me as MM or DI (maybe because I own them).

I think both MM and DI are a lot of fun to play. I would recommend playing MM some more before making a decision. Plus, you can't own just one game!

#6 9 months ago

As much as I like MM, of all the remakes I have played, only one played correctly and the others could not be tweaked enough to correct the issues, therefore that one get voted off first. I own a ST Pro and love it, but since you are putting your next game beside another Stern in Metallica, I would choose Dialed In.

#7 9 months ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

As much as I like MM, of all the remakes I have played, only one played correctly and the others could not be tweaked enough to correct the issues, therefore that one get voted off first. I own a ST Pro and love it, but since you are putting your next game beside another Stern in Metallica, I would choose Dialed In.

How exactly did they not play correctly?

#8 9 months ago

I own Metallica pro and think it’s a fast game but also a bash it up type of a game. I think a more adventure type of game next to it might be a good move to keep things a little different, with all that said I would go with jjpotc. All the games you are considering are very fun and you really can’t go wrong, good luck with #2.

#9 9 months ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

How exactly did they not play correctly?

“Correctly” is a strong term, but my experience as an owner of both is on MMR it tends to be easier to make ramps but harder to kill castles.

I’m actually experimenting with lower flipper power tho and it makes my MMR feel more like my old MM so it might just be a matter of tuning.

#10 9 months ago

Go Dialed in! All great options

#11 9 months ago

DI and MMR are both great candidates, I’d go with MM to have a classic 90s pin to go with the more modern MET. But as always, play both and decide for yourself

#12 9 months ago

All good options but I vote dialed in.

#13 9 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I own Metallica pro and think it’s a fast game but also a bash it up type of a game. I think a more adventure type of game next to it might be a good move to keep things a little different, with all that said I would go with jjpotc. All the games you are considering are very fun and you really can’t go wrong, good luck with #2.

I was thinking more of an adventure game too. Just not sure yet about JJPOTC.

#14 9 months ago

It was also pointed out to me that MM is a lighthearted game, lots of tongue and cheek sayings(many of the Williams/Bally games were like that). Whereas DI and many pinballs out now are much darker themes.

#15 9 months ago
Quoted from kharri:

Whereas DI and many pinballs out now are much darker themes.

I wouldn't call DI a dark theme, plenty of humor in it.

#16 9 months ago

Ha., Dialed in is pretty far from a dark theme.

#17 9 months ago

I have a Start Trek Prem and Dialed In. Star Trek is a new addition for me. I love playing it and it’s a flow monster.

But Dialed In is unstoppable fun. And is just a much much higher end pin. With a new code update coming soon as well.

My vote is DI between these two.

#18 9 months ago

I'm now thinking of Stern POTC. Just because of price and my wife really likes playing that game on location. I think it's down to Stern POTC and ST Premium. I don't think I can handle the price tag on Dialed In or MMR.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Exton, PA
6,300 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Los Gatos, CA
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Wanted
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
€ 9.10
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 87.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside