(Topic ID: 246533)

Medieval Madness SDTM eject from moat

By acidburn

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I hope someone can advise. I'd say approximately 40%-50% of the time the moat kickout on my MM kicks the ball out and the ball hits the guide rail sending it hurtling SDTM and there is nothing you can do to save it. Really frustrating. I lifted up the playfield and took a look at the bracket that holds the kicker solenoid but nothing instantly struck me as being adjustable. I also double checked that my game is balanced.

I found this old thread where it is mentioned that this is a common issue:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/desperatly-need-your-help-on-medieval-madness-right-now

gambit3113 mentioned that the bracket is adjustable but I'm not seeing it. If someone can post a photo that would be great.

#2 4 years ago

The VUKs can also be tweaked by carefully bending to get the ball to launch slightly in a different trajectory. SS comes to mind here. The spider Hole VUK sometimes has to be bent just a bit to hit that flapper inside the right ramp so the ball doesn't fall back into the VUK. My MM has always kicked the ball out right where it is needed. You will have to play with that adjustment some to get it right.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

The VUKs can also be tweaked by carefully bending to get the ball to launch slightly in a different trajectory. SS comes to mind here. The spider Hole VUK sometimes has to be bent just a bit to hit that flapper inside the right ramp so the ball doesn't fall back into the VUK. My MM has always kicked the ball out right where it is needed. You will have to play with that adjustment some to get it right.

I had this exact thing on my MM (Williams) last week. Pulled playfield, bent kick out forward a little an BOOM! No more SDTM kickouts

#4 4 years ago

I see that there are two nuts on the solenoid bracket that allow me to move the solenoid further back (I assume to adjust the strength)

Maybe worth adjusting?

#5 4 years ago

It’s wasn't the solenoid.

Literally just give the metal shaft a gentle tug.. over time the metal moves, just a gentle push to straighten it.

Post a picture of your kickout

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.99
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-sdtm-eject-from-moat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.