(Topic ID: 231295)

Medieval Madness Remake (MMR) - Solenoid issues - stumped

By josh-from-mn

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kkuoppamaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from josh-from-mn:

I think there are two parts of this question, and I'm lost on both.
1) . How do I get the individual solenoid to fire? I tried going through all the test options, but nothing happens (to any of the solenoids). I'm wondering if I can't do that when the door is open, so I have to disable the safety feature. I'll try that.
2) . How would I check the fuse? Sorry if that's a total newb question - just trying to get started, and I like the idea of fixing these myself (teach to fish, etc) as opposed to calling a tech to come over all the time. I'd rather save that call for periodic overhauls and catastrophic things I can't figure out.

1) The coin door needs to be closed. You can still control the menus with flipper and start buttons, but if the door is open high power is cut off (solenoids need that)
2) Check the manual (https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MMR_Manual_Rev_1_2.pdf) pages 1-56 and 1-57. If CR2, CR3 and CR4 LEDs are on when the coin door is closed fuses should be good. You can also remove the fuses from the solenoid driver board and measure continuity with a multimeter (don't do this while the power is on)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kkuoppamaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-remake-mmr-solenoid-issues-stumped?tu=kkuoppamaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.