Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Anth
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

New post to just feature the video for the new MMR... Trolls, Catapult, Ramp Shots

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IG9OCa8N4mQ?autoplay=1&rel=0

Enjoy
Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

#2 9 years ago

I cannot wait another day! Keep posting the vids!

#3 9 years ago

Looks like MM to me!

#4 9 years ago

What are you doing here Alex? You already have THE holy grail of pinball in your apartment!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

What are you doing here Alex? You already have THE holy grail of pinball in your apartment!

It's about time for another one! I'm going to do a full on professional review when I get it to.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from ClassicArcades:

New post to just feature the video for the new MMR... Trolls, Catapult, Ramp Shots
Enjoy
Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

I notice the colorDMD rom isn't installed. Need to get that bad boy updated!

#8 9 years ago

So exciting seeing this and nice stack! Do the call outs sound a little bit longer sounding than the original game - M..u..l..t..I..b..a..l..l or are they the same and I'm imagining things? Either way looks and sounds great.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I notice the colorDMD rom isn't installed. Need to get that bad boy updated!

ColorDMD isn't compatible with the remakes.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

ColorDMD isn't compatible with the remakes.

Holy crap!!! That is....

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Holy crap!!! That is....

It already comes with a color LCD. MMr will have its own color update, similar to ColorDMD. You won't have to replace the display.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

So exciting seeing this and nice stack! Do the call outs sound a little bit longer sounding than the original game - M..u..l..t..I..b..a..l..l or are they the same and I'm imagining things? Either way looks and sounds great.

Stack all five madnesses for four-ball M..u..l..t..I..b..a..l..l .. M..a..d..n..e..s..s!!!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

They're using the original uncompressed sound files. It's possible the clips are cropped in a slightly different way.

#14 9 years ago

Good point RH - the ones I've heard so far sound good. But none of them sound stretched - perhaps they were confused by the second multiball callout.

#15 9 years ago

Drool!

#16 9 years ago

mcc your avatar is suspicious...

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It already comes with a color LCD. MMr will have its own color update, similar to ColorDMD. You won't have to replace the display.

So does that mean no DotXL, HiRes or Scan options?

#18 9 years ago

Nice multiball! Makes me miss my MM. Perhaps I'll have to pick an MMr up at some point. Thanks for posting.

#19 9 years ago

You had a really nice game going. I have games just like that on MM. And then I put the glass back on.

#20 9 years ago

I think the phrase is more drawn out if you start the mode with many Madness modes already complete.

#21 9 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!

Although, it begs mentioning that the tearing on the DMD is VERY pronounced! Although, I can't tell if it's the screen itself that is producing the tearing, or if it's the frame-rate of the video as it was shot that is causing the screen tearing.

Aside from that, I am seething with envy!

#22 9 years ago

Doubt you will be paying much attention to the DMD while playing.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Doubt you will be paying much attention to the DMD while playing.

Oh, I couldn't agree more. It was just an observation more than anything else. Wasn't meant to be a harsh criticism.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

It has zero to do with ColorDMD, any options they provide will not necessarily be available. Since CGC haven't even figured out how to squeeze color out of it yet I'd be pretty surprised to see that they could do any kind of upscaling, but who knows.

As for the tearing, all I can say is I've seen the game in person at Expo 2014, and the screen looked like the video. Maybe it's better now and the video is exacerbating the issue, but it looks the same to me as it did in person then.

Not a huge deal, but I'd definitely stay on them to fix it if they're claiming they can.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

That's up to CGC, I guess. I like dots, so as long as the dots are colored as promised, I'll be happy.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Oh, I couldn't agree more. It was just an observation more than anything else. Wasn't meant to be a harsh criticism.

I didn't say it was. I noticed it, but I also haven't played it in person yet so it could partially be the camera doing it too.

#27 9 years ago

How do the production models play in comparison to an original? Has anyone done a side by side test yet?

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's up to CGC, I guess. I like dots, so as long as the dots are colored as promised, I'll be happy.

The games look really nice. I'm especially jealous of the native LCD display (and the lack of a plasma display and the associated high voltage A/V board that likes to eventually cook itself from heat). But everyone should be careful during these carefree, heady days of using the "p" word in regards to full colorization of the MMr display. Rick himself has been very careful to not use any such language. Included in the box at shipment time is everything the customer has been promised. If/When the colorization upgrade comes, consider it a bonus. If they offer it for free, consider that another bonus. But please let's not start up months and months of posting about how much longer it will be until that comes as they may determine it's not possible or too much work, etc. Folks need to be happy with all the upgrades they are getting already, and a great title they are able to buy NIB.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

The games look really nice. I'm especially jealous of the native LCD display (and the lack of a plasma display and the associated high voltage A/V board that likes to eventually cook itself from heat). But everyone should be careful during these carefree, heady days of using the "p" word in regards to full colorization of the MMr display. Rick himself has been very careful to not use any such language. Included in the box at shipment time is everything the customer has been promised. If/When the colorization upgrade comes, consider it a bonus. If they offer it for free, consider that another bonus. But please let's not start up months and months of posting about how much longer it will be until that comes as they may determine it's not possible or too much work, etc. Folks need to be happy with all the upgrades they are getting already, and a great title they are able to buy NIB.

Rick clearly said it's being done, it's free for LE owners (at least...prob for Standard too, if I had to guess), and the work in progress he saw was amazing. Whether the "p" word was used or not...the pitch has been made & colorization is a selling point.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They're using the original uncompressed sound files. It's possible the clips are cropped in a slightly different way.

Maybe the sound is better, but like mcc said, it is part of the game. When you stack 5 madnesses you get a longer/madder sounding madness mode with 4 balls multiball. When you stack less than 5 objectives for a madness, you get the regular sounding multiball madness with 3 balls multiball. The ideal strategy is to stack 4 of them by leaving the trolls, light these and then shoot Merlin to more easily vanquish the trolls and then trigger the 4 balls multiball madness during 3 balls multiball madness. Otherwise, too easy to lose a ball on the trolls.

Re:

Quoted from mcc:

Stack all five madnesses for four-ball M..u..l..t..I..b..a..l..l .. M..a..d..n..e..s..s!!!

Boy can't I wait to get the machine in the home!

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rick clearly said it's being done, it's free for LE owners (at least...prob for Standard too, if I had to guess), and the work in progress he saw was amazing. Whether the "p" word was used or not...the pitch has been made & colorization is a selling point.

He has said "it's being working on". If you construe that as a promise and a selling point that is between you and him. And he has never said it would be free, even for LE buyers. That is why it's important to separate the hype from what is actually being said by Rick himself. Luckily it is easy to search all these threads by what PPS said, it can be quite interesting.

But if they get it done and give it out for free that is all the better, I sincerely hope that is the case.

#32 9 years ago

Yeah, he specifically said it might not be "free" for the LE buyers but said he would like it to be. We'll see. It is coming though. If it doesn't, say goodbye to selling game 2.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

He has said "it's being working on". If you construe that as a promise and a selling point that is between you and him.

No, that's between him and everyone who bought it. Why would he even talk about it if it wasn't something that was planned and offered as part of the game? If it was a "well we're gonna try but we're not sure if it'll work" situation, why not just keep it quiet to avoid future backlash?

He said they're working on it and it looked great so far. That's a promise that it's coming.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

It's about time for another one! I'm going to do a full on professional review when I get it to.

Alex will you please give us a video review? You seem to produce some really nice stuff with your filmmaking background. Wouldn't take much to knock our socks off!

#35 9 years ago

Does anybody have a picture of the back box lighting with out the translite?

#36 9 years ago

Wow, looks amazing. If anyone was on the fence, they should not be now...

#37 9 years ago

the backbox lights are adjustable, which was a last minute addition to the MMR config screens, so you can brighten and dim based on your setup, etc.

#38 9 years ago

Torture! Keep banging them out Rick. Can't wait for mine.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Alex will you please give us a video review? You seem to produce some really nice stuff with your filmmaking background. Wouldn't take much to knock our socks off!

Definitely! I have full access to a million dollar commercial video studio.

Actually been thinking about tapping into the Market and making super-legitimate promo/overview videos for the indie-crowd as well as Stern. (Hell, I might do a video in exchange for a machine).

Pinball needs better media. Bad.

Help spread the word!

Here's a small interactive video tutorial I was doing for IJ (but haven't had time/incentive to complete)

...and here's my/the studio's demo reel: https://vimeo.com/103469016

What do you think? Obviously they know what they need but I would love to make PPS/CGC an MMR Overview video for a major discount/machine. I liked the Roger Sharpe vid, but it didn't have that professional edge. I could really get people hyped for their LE/Standard/future pins.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from ClassicArcades:

Enjoy
Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

... I thought MMR could **not** have the Williams Logo on it... so isn't this video just of an original MM?
(Note: I haven't kept up with the MMR news to know if that aspect of the licensing changed)

#41 9 years ago

The OP applied a decal to the speaker frame. It does not ship with that decal.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from AxleMunshine:

Maybe the sound is better, but like mcc said, it is part of the game. When you stack 5 madnesses you get a longer/madder sounding madness mode with 4 balls multiball. When you stack less than 5 objectives for a madness, you get the regular sounding multiball madness with 3 balls multiball. The ideal strategy is to stack 4 of them by leaving the trolls, light these and then shoot Merlin to more easily vanquish the trolls and then trigger the 4 balls multiball madness during 3 balls multiball madness. Otherwise, too easy to lose a ball on the trolls.
Re

Thanks for the confirmation!

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

mcc your Avatar is suspicious...

How long have you had yours?

#44 9 years ago

6 months I think.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

6 months I think.

Had mine since ‎Monday, ‎June ‎16, ‎2014

Since they're flipped, we can call yours East Willy and mine West Willy.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Definitely! I have full access to a million dollar commercial video studio.
Actually been thinking about tapping into the Market and making super-legitimate promo/overview videos for the indie-crowd as well as Stern. (Hell, I might do a video in exchange for a machine).
Pinball needs better media. Bad.
Help spread the word!
Here's a small interactive video tutorial I was doing for IJ (but haven't had time/incentive to complete):» YouTube video
...and here's my/the studio's demo reel: » Vimeo video
What do you think? Obviously they know what they need but I would love to make PPS/CGC an MMR Overview video for a major discount/machine. I liked the Roger Sharpe vid, but it didn't have that professional edge. I could really get people hyped for their LE/Standard/future pins.

Damn son. That's legit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-remake-le-in-action and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.