(Topic ID: 18409)

Medieval Madness remake, did anyone else get their email?

By vid1900

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zippydapinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Thread_NecroRD.jpg
base.jpg
KGrHqNpEE-7EcJ9BPvZ8Enr7w60_12.JPG
APS_camera.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Collectors nearly always want originals over reproductions.

From what I have seen, this is rarely true. The following is just from my observations.

If the statement is true, why would people go nuts over a machine that has had the following 'replaced', not restored? Play field (being the biggest), cab decals, plastics, mechs, etc.

I mean, every Mirco and IPB play field is not an 'original'. Those cab decals people slap on old machines are not 'originals'. Those plastic sets CPR does are not 'originals'. They are all reproductions.

So, Wayne makes a complete reproduction, and people poo-poo it because it is not 'original'?

Well, how original is buying a AFM off route and basically replacing everything in the machine with reproduction parts? New Mirco play field, new cab decals, new plastic set, mods out the waazoo, etc.

If I buy a new cabinet, new decals, new play field, new plastic set, new star posts, new rubber, new flipper mechs, new coil wrappers, and so on and so on, take the wire loom off an old machine, put it all back together, I have an 'original' machine? Not a reproduction?

Thoughts?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Only 2 machines have been reproduced that I can think of.

So, replacing everything except the wire loom in an old machine with reproduction parts is still an 'original' machine, but making a new machine out of all reproduction parts, including the wire loom, is a reproduction.

Did I get that right?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Would someone rather have a nice original MM or a new Bally Wayno one? I guess I can only answer for myself, but original original original, every day, all day, twice on Sundays, thrice on Holidays. Original.

I never disputed that. I think that would be the case.

But with everyone poo-poo'ing Wayne (if he follows up and actually has the machines produced), why does everyone hoo-rah! when someone slaps a new play field,decals, etc in a AFM?

Is not Wayne doing pretty much exactly what most refurbs actually are?

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I think you are mistaking "Restored" with "Reproduction".

Well, colour me confused then.

Replacing everything on a machine except the wire loom is a restore, where as replacing everything including the wire loom is a reproduction.

I mean, from what I see in the majority of the 'restore' threads, machines are basically tore down and everything is replaced with reproduction parts, and its a 'restore'.

Those 2 machines (BBB and KoD) are built ground up using new parts, and are reproductions.

I actually don't see a heck of a lot of difference ....

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

So basically, by my actions, I really do believe a HEP MM > Wayne's MM.

No question there. I have seen HEP's work, and watched his vids, etc. They truly are a restore, and are better than NIB. The quality of his workmanship, in my opinion, is unsurpassed. And he truly restores them. A blown out SoL hole on an AFM? He doesn't scrap that play field and put in a Mirco, he actually repairs the original play field to better than new. That is a restore.

Slapping in a Mirco into that same machine? Might as well call it for what it is, a reproduction. Not a restore.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

I'm going to bring mine to Jim (Honda350r) in the near future to make it as good or better than HEP.

Better then HEP? You mean Chris Hutchins @ HighEndPins?

That's a pretty tall order, even for Jim!

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Ask Jim, he will gladly tell you Chris is the man.

I knew that, hence the winky in my post! No contest required, peeing or otherwise.

#70 7 years ago

Agree on all counts. My comment was not to disparage Jim's work at all (and I don't believe it did). He does great things for dying pins by bringing them back to life.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Montreal
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside