(Topic ID: 18409)

Medieval Madness remake, did anyone else get their email?

By vid1900

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zippydapinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Thread_NecroRD.jpg
base.jpg
KGrHqNpEE-7EcJ9BPvZ8Enr7w60_12.JPG
APS_camera.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ctozzi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago

I'd rather buy a real one for 12k

#13 7 years ago

For me I would not be interested in a remake. I prefer original. Would you buy a kit 70s muscle car and pay the same amount as a real one ? Certainly not me, im a purist when it comes to collecting.

#40 7 years ago

BBB sells for more probably because it was done right, and actually got made. I hope the people that pre-paid do eventually get something, but right now it still looks like a pipe dream.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

There'll be demand for the new MMs once they get finished, I'm sure of this, even at 12K.
There are a lot of negativity towards Wayne on rgp and here - but most of the pinball world is not aware of all this history. When new MMs become really for sale (on his website or on ebay), people just see that this great machine is for sale in NIB condition. That's what'll matter to them.
As for collectability and value, imo MM is different from BBB.
BBB got hyped because it never ran in production and it was rare, only 10 (or 12 or whatever..) produced. Even the re-run was very limited, less than 200, you had to enter in advance, ..
Most of its value is just because its rare. Original or repro matters more because of this.
MM on the other hand is just the greatest, best playing game ever made If WMS hadn't stopped making them, they might have have sold more of them than they did of TAF. It's just a game that everyone loves, and demand is very strong, even from non-pinball collectors.
It's value is mostly not because it's an extremely rare game, but because its a great game to play.
Therefor imo 'Bally MMs' will also be in demand.

Well Said. I'm going to bring mine to Jim (Honda350r) in the near future to make it as good or better than HEP. I have personally seen Jim's work and I would 100% rather have him restore and and add some newer mod's & features to mine than buy a NIB. The nice thing about this hobby is everyone likes something different when it comes to spending their hard earned cash. I worked my tail off to save and trade to get my MM so I feel for those who have had a deposit down for ?? years.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ctozzi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside