(Topic ID: 18409)

Medieval Madness remake, did anyone else get their email?

By vid1900

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zippydapinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Thread_NecroRD.jpg
base.jpg
KGrHqNpEE-7EcJ9BPvZ8Enr7w60_12.JPG
APS_camera.gif

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I've now heard of 2 people saying they got their serial number email from Wayne. Very cool, and about time, LOL.

Anybody else?

#2 7 years ago

I'll believe it when I see it in someone's house....

#3 7 years ago

I know a guy that got his and they are in the low 300s

Jim

#4 7 years ago

I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about this on the forums.

#5 7 years ago

Really wish them luck. Anybody that has held on this long deserves a nice, new MM for their patience.

#6 7 years ago

I have been told that if you were on the original payment list then the original price will be honored. FWIW, I was told that number is less than 50 people at this point. Lastly, I was told that all/any other repro MMs will be advertised at $12,000 asking price.

Like all the other logical folks here, I will believe it when I see pics/video of one in a stateside home. I would love to get a new screened PF if they ever become available at a reasonable price.

Good luck for anyone that held out this long. I hope you get one just for you determination.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was told that all/any other repro MMs will be advertised at $12,000 asking price.

That would be a good price since it will be NIB and used ones are selling for that much now.

#8 7 years ago

When pigs fly people!!!

#9 7 years ago

12 grand! damn thats a lot of money.

#10 7 years ago

I love mine just were it is and took years to save and find one in great shape. As long as the pricing is higher than market value it should not affect the value of existing games. So that said I would also be glad because this would mean alot of NOS parts recreated. If someone still has there money tied up after all this time they should seriuosly consider how much they lost by doing so. I hope they get there game because they overpayed by way of tying up there money for way too long.....

#11 7 years ago

I'd rather buy a real one for 12k

#12 7 years ago

will this one be as good as the original?

if it's new, why an original is better?

#13 7 years ago

For me I would not be interested in a remake. I prefer original. Would you buy a kit 70s muscle car and pay the same amount as a real one ? Certainly not me, im a purist when it comes to collecting.

#14 7 years ago

Original BBBs appear to be worth about $10K more than the remakes. That's probably due to the fact that the remakes outnumber the originals 10-1, and the inverse may be true with MM. Not sure which will be more valuable, a HUO/restored MM or a new remake.

#15 7 years ago

Is it going to be an exact replicate? If anyone knows that is??? If yes then the only advantage new should have is well....it's new. No wear and tear on the parts. This only holds true though if it is an exact replicate!!! If Software/hardware upgrades are being implemented...if game content is being improved (by that I mean visually may look the same but what if a plastic piece is thicker? Wire to a solenoid is heavier copper? Wood cabinet is higher grade?) then it will be difficult to compare Apples to Apples

Best wishes to all current MM owners! Best wishes to the new ones too! MM is out of my league($$$) but I am rooting for you two teams!!!! Go MM Vintage!!!!! Go MM New Prod. Run!!!!! Go!!! Go!!! Rah Rah Rah!!!!!!!

Lol, peace and GL all!

#16 7 years ago

12K? I thought the point of this project was to make the game more accessible.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

12K? I thought the point of this project was to make the game more accessible.

Costs add up very quickly with any project of this scale so I think the price point has been reflected as costs have continued to increase over the years.

What was the original price if you bought in when the project started?
When exactly did the project start?
Anyone here have a slot?

#18 7 years ago

Anyone who still believe this is actually going to happen is fooling themselves. Seriously, this has a very long and ridiculous history. Do some research on RGP, etc, and you will see. This has been, and apparently continues to be, one of the biggest scams ever in the hobby. I'm honestly surprised anyone still believe it.

If anyone decides to send this guy money at this point, I heard there are some guys in Nigeria who will broker it for you and you'll come out way ahead. Sounds totally legit.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Original BBBs appear to be worth about $10K more than the remakes. That's probably due to the fact that the remakes outnumber the originals 10-1, and the inverse may be true with MM. Not sure which will be more valuable, a HUO/restored MM or a new remake.

I'm fairly certain that collectors would rather have the original MM from the old Wms factory over a reproduction Bally MM from Wayno.

Collectors nearly always want originals over reproductions.

#20 7 years ago

Wayne's will have different artwork on the Knight orbit and will have a Bally logo instead of a Williams logo.It's the equivalant of a fake Rolex.Scott

#21 7 years ago

Did Wayne ever get that patent issue taken care of regarding the triangles at the bottom of the ramps? If not, I still have one of the last pairs of those that were available brand new at the time for sale.

#22 7 years ago

No and there will be art work differences...this will make spotting a "fake" that much easier.Remember Wayne had Bally rights not Williams.

#23 7 years ago

I really don't know where you guys get this info from?

The art is the same the only thing missing is the Williams Trademarks.

As for the triangles the old coot Gene didn't pay the patent renewal, so no problems there.

As for the 12k this number has been mentioned before, we will need to get more for cancelled orders to offset the cost of producing less than 1,000 games.

The market will set that price.

I will answer the odd question but don't have the time in a day to reply to every post on several forums

#24 7 years ago

If this is Wayne, how about posting some photos of your progress? Would love to see a line of MMs awaiting packing/shipment.

#25 7 years ago

I heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy who read it in a paper written by a guy who heard it from a guy that told another guy who read it from a guy's diary about hearing from a guy who heard it from a guy.

or so I heard.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

As for the 12k this number has been mentioned before, we will need to get more for cancelled orders to offset the cost of producing less than 1,000 games.

I think you could easily sell 1k games but, not at 12k. So that would get your production scale to a smaller cost basis. At this point though there would have to be solid evidence of these games before anyone would consider committing to a purchase. If the cost could be below 10 with real games shipping out, they would sell fast and easily, IMO.

#27 7 years ago

Pix please and all will be answered.....

APS_camera.gif

#28 7 years ago

i better dump my mm quick.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

From what I have seen, this is rarely true. The following is just from my observations.

If the statement is true, why would people go nuts over a machine that has had the following 'replaced', not restored? Play field (being the biggest), cab decals, plastics, mechs, etc.

I mean, every Mirco and IPB play field is not an 'original'. Those cab decals people slap on old machines are not 'originals'. Those plastic sets CPR does are not 'originals'. They are all reproductions.

So, Wayne makes a complete reproduction, and people poo-poo it because it is not 'original'?

Well, how original is buying a AFM off route and basically replacing everything in the machine with reproduction parts? New Mirco play field, new cab decals, new plastic set, mods out the waazoo, etc.

If I buy a new cabinet, new decals, new play field, new plastic set, new star posts, new rubber, new flipper mechs, new coil wrappers, and so on and so on, take the wire loom off an old machine, put it all back together, I have an 'original' machine? Not a reproduction?

Thoughts?

#30 7 years ago

I personally wouldn't care as long as it looked and played the same or better. I'm not into this as an investment, just fun.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

In many cases just the opposite. I want a newly made machine.

#32 7 years ago

$12,000...for a pinball game, lulz

#33 7 years ago

I wonder if he'll be offering playfields too?

I saw all the whitewoods being liquidated on eBay... what was that about?

#34 7 years ago

According to Wayne, he was allowed to run only so many screened playfields to fill his allotment of machines under his agreement with Planetary. The whitewoods he is selling are the left overs he no longer needs.

Scott

#35 7 years ago

As for the triangles the old coot Gene didn't pay the patent renewal, so no problems there.
I will answer the odd question but don't have the time in a day to reply to every post on several forums

Wayne >> Please provide us with some details on current estimated timing for delivery/etc.

Pinside is pretty much THE place to be so answering a few questions here would likely be the easiest and most efficient way to disseminate information to the masses and also to provide facts so people do not just spread rumor.

#36 7 years ago

Oh jesus here we go. All we need now is cubuta and expat.

#37 7 years ago

Thereby changing the art.The speaker panel sez Williams,Wayne's will say Bally.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

From what I have seen, this is rarely true. The following is just from my observations.

Only 2 machines have been reproduced that I can think of. Big Bang Bar and King of Diamonds

Original Big Bang Bar sells more than reproduction. Easily 5000 more.

KOD remake is entirely different as it uses SS parts and can have multiple players. I saw restored KOD at Pacific Pinball Expo and it was the same price as a new reproduction.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

If the statement is true, why would people go nuts over a machine that has had the following 'replaced', not restored? Play field (being the biggest), cab decals, plastics, mechs, etc.
I mean, every Mirco and IPB play field is not an 'original'. Those cab decals people slap on old machines are not 'originals'. Those plastic sets CPR does are not 'originals'. They are all reproductions.
So, Wayne makes a complete reproduction, and people poo-poo it because it is not 'original'?
Well, how original is buying a AFM off route and basically replacing everything in the machine with reproduction parts? New Mirco play field, new cab decals, new plastic set, mods out the waazoo, etc.
If I buy a new cabinet, new decals, new play field, new plastic set, new star posts, new rubber, new flipper mechs, new coil wrappers, and so on and so on, take the wire loom off an old machine, put it all back together, I have an 'original' machine? Not a reproduction?
Thoughts?

Ok, sure, but you have to compare Apples to Apples.

Given the choice between a perfect HUO original Wms MM and a totally restored MM (new decals, playfield, plastics, ramps, etc) which would your experience tell you a collector would prefer?

Personally, I've seen too much variance and dimpling in the Mirco/CPR pfs to want one over an original Sun Processed DP factory Wms field. They don't even fully understand how the original chemical bonding was done by Sun Process, but it wasn't just sprayed with auto clear.

Original > Restored

That doesn't mean someone would rather have a blown out routed game over a HEP. That's Apples to Oranges.

Would someone rather have a nice original MM or a new Bally Wayno one? I guess I can only answer for myself, but original original original, every day, all day, twice on Sundays, thrice on Holidays. Original.

#40 7 years ago

BBB sells for more probably because it was done right, and actually got made. I hope the people that pre-paid do eventually get something, but right now it still looks like a pipe dream.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Only 2 machines have been reproduced that I can think of.

So, replacing everything except the wire loom in an old machine with reproduction parts is still an 'original' machine, but making a new machine out of all reproduction parts, including the wire loom, is a reproduction.

Did I get that right?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Would someone rather have a nice original MM or a new Bally Wayno one? I guess I can only answer for myself, but original original original, every day, all day, twice on Sundays, thrice on Holidays. Original.

I never disputed that. I think that would be the case.

But with everyone poo-poo'ing Wayne (if he follows up and actually has the machines produced), why does everyone hoo-rah! when someone slaps a new play field,decals, etc in a AFM?

Is not Wayne doing pretty much exactly what most refurbs actually are?

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Would someone rather have a nice original MM or a new Bally Wayno one?

That 20year old game may be pristine but it is still 20 years old. I would take the new machine.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Original > Restored

Disagree. Look on Chris' High End Pin site and see all the flaws that came from the factory.

HEP >>>>> Original He does NIB pins for Stern owners.

The clear coat that restorers use is 300 bucks a gallon. A pinball company would not even come close to using that quality of a clear. Having said that, no matter what clear you use, it will dimple. Just the nature of the game when using a steel ball.

Look how the cabinets are prepared. Decals are not just slapped on like they would be at a factory.

I've experienced both NIB and HEP to see the difference.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Did I get that right?

No, I don't think you are referencing the same thing.

I think you are mistaking "Restored" with "Reproduction".

2 pins that I know have gone into Reproduction. BBB and KOD. In both cases the original is either valued more or the same as the reproduction.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I never disputed that. I think that would be the case.
But with everyone poo-poo'ing Wayne (if he follows up and actually has the machines produced), why does everyone hoo-rah! when someone slaps a new play field,decals, etc in a AFM?
Is not Wayne doing pretty much exactly what most refurbs actually are?

Yeah, I see your point. I'm not one of the hoo-rahers for the restores, either. And yeah, what Wayne's doing is in that ballpark.

Restores are only as good as the restorer. And what reputation does Wayne have in the hobby? As a game builder, restorer, or otherwise?

If he had originally, in 2004 or whenever he started this, completed the MM and CC repros for the original $4500, then I think he would've been doing a service to the pinball community which craved a greater supply of those two machines.

Now the price is $12k for a Wayne MM? I don't know why anyone would want to enter that quagmire of groundhog year promises when you can just run out and buy an original/restored one for roughly the same amount. I certainly wouldn't.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Disagree. Look on Chris' High End Pin site and see all the flaws that came from the factory.
HEP >>>>> Original He does NIB pins for Stern owners.
The clear coat that restorers use is 300 bucks a gallon. A pinball company would not even come close to using that quality of a clear. Having said that, no matter what clear you use, it will dimple. Just the nature of the game when using a steel ball.
Look how the cabinets are prepared. Decals are not just slapped on like they would be at a factory.
I've experienced both NIB and HEP to see the difference.

My statement was meant mainly to compare restored Wms games from the 90's, since we're talking MM here, with original ones. Personally I like the play, feel and look of nice original ones. Stern stuff is a completely different conversation.

Pinball companies did not clear their playfields, vendors did. Sun Process (a defunct company) came up with the diamond plate formula and did that for Wms through the 90's (although there were subbed out small runs to other companies here and there. See the BSD SP fields as compared to the others.)

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I think you are mistaking "Restored" with "Reproduction".

Well, colour me confused then.

Replacing everything on a machine except the wire loom is a restore, where as replacing everything including the wire loom is a reproduction.

I mean, from what I see in the majority of the 'restore' threads, machines are basically tore down and everything is replaced with reproduction parts, and its a 'restore'.

Those 2 machines (BBB and KoD) are built ground up using new parts, and are reproductions.

I actually don't see a heck of a lot of difference ....

#49 7 years ago

12K for a game
Were middle class folk here, and have kids and other expenses around the household to tend to just like any of you out there. But really these prices for these games or just out of my league. I certainly dont want to put it on my credit card, or take out a loan. If I dont have cash money in hand that wont be taking food off our table then I'am all in, but until I hit the lottery or strike oil in my backyard I will go without a NIB or an "A" title. I'am thankful to have what I have (1 pin). Those that can afford it, congrats to you and enjoy.

#50 7 years ago

Smokedog - I'm with you on this one. I'm not even close to being able to pay $12K for any machine but if I had to chose I'd take the brand new one any day. I could care less if it said Williams or Bally as long as it plays the same. I think the Williams MM would hold value better but I'm no into pinball as an investment so I'd take the one I thought would last longer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside