You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NEMA 5-15R to IEC 60320 Adapter (resized).jpg
Bill Validator Placard (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

What unit works best with this machine?

Also, can you recommend a good source for this?

Thank you

#2 6 years ago

Also need help with this. Any easy way to hook at regular 120v acceptor up? Or harness adapter i can buy.

#3 6 years ago

DUH! I was looking at the inside of the cash door and... Sorry for the blurry picture but it says MEI 2400 (2411 others suggest)

Still don't know how to interface it. I've seen cables on eBay but I see nothing to plug them into on the MMR. I assume they just parallel the coin acceptor and count off multiples of quarters.

Bill Validator Placard (resized).jpgBill Validator Placard (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

I could easily walk you through adding it to a MM, but I'm not sure how wiring at the coin door has changed for MMr.

At *LEAST* if you got a 2411 (or another 115v unit), set it to 4 pulses per dollar (instead of 1 pulse per dollar), you could then plug the unit into the service outlet, and wire it in parallel to one of the coin switches. You would need to know which coin switch you wired it into, and in Adjustments, set the DBV to that coin slot, so that it recognizes the faster pulses.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Three60in:

Or harness adapter i can buy.

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/bill_validators/42-7057-00

MMR is set up for a 12 volt bill validator.

Whether you use 12 volt or 110AC with separate harness, only the smaller bill stackers work, 200 or 300. Larger and you can't close the door.

LTG : )

1 week later
#6 6 years ago

I ended up with a 115V model 2411. I'm really opposed to running 115V to the coin door but I don't see an alternative. Moving line voltage around really should be approved by UL.

I did reach out to see of some of the connector pins can accept 12V which powers the coin lights but haven't heard back yet.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I ended up with a 115V model 2411. I'm really opposed to running 115V to the coin door but I don't see an alternative. Moving line voltage around really should be approved by UL.
I did reach out to see of some of the connector pins can accept 12V which powers the coin lights but haven't heard back yet.

Why not just get a 12v Mars stacker that it's designed to use then?

#8 6 years ago

The MEI 2414 is hard to find and costs $325. The (reconditioned) MEI 2411 available from Denver for $175, takes both ones and fives.

Cable that connects it to coin switch and service outlet is easy to find on eBay and inexpensive.

As far as "Designed to use..." the big dealer that sold me the MMR suggested (and sold me) the 2411. And I guess you can read the above picture about other models. The picture above just says "MEI Series 2000".

So above is my take on "Designed to use" ( - :

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

The MEI 2414 is hard to find and costs $325. The (reconditioned) MEI 2411 available from Denver for $175, takes both ones and fives.
Cable that connects it to coin switch and service outlet is easy to find on eBay and inexpensive.
As far as "Designed to use..." the big dealer that sold me the MMR suggested (and sold me) the 2411. And I guess you can read the above picture about other models. The picture above just says "MEI Series 2000".
So above is my take on "Designed to use" ( - :

You can get a 2654 12v upstacker that will work for $150-$200 on Ebay. The hard part is finding the 12v harness adapter, but that's only like $12 once you do.

#10 6 years ago

Honestly, either one works just as well.

#11 6 years ago

Been nice to have these answers 9 days ago when I started this but undoubtedly it will help others who come along later.

And thanks again for the info on speeding up the coin access rate on the coin switch you connect this to. Needed to know that.

mcb

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Been nice to have these answers 9 days ago when I started this but undoubtedly it will help others who come along later.
And thanks again for the info on speeding up the coin access rate on the coin switch you connect this to. Needed to know that.
mcb

It was discussed here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-changed-to-12v-power-for-bill-acceptors-on-dialed-in

...when I had the issue on Dialed In and needed a 12v solution. I didn't see this thread of yours for a week.

1 week later
#13 6 years ago

Anyone have pictures or a diagram of how they hooked up the harness? I have the harness but am confused as to where to solder the two yellow wires. And what plug to plug in. Also anyone know where to get a sevice outlet converter. The one on my MMR looks like a computer cord. Not a standard wall oultlet plug in. They sure didnt make this easy.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Three60in:

Anyone have pictures or a diagram of how they hooked up the harness? I have the harness but am confused as to where to solder the two yellow wires. And what plug to plug in. Also anyone know where to get a sevice outlet converter. The one on my MMR looks like a computer cord. Not a standard wall oultlet plug in. They sure didnt make this easy.

The converter any computer supply store should have them, or Amazon. The two wires, you have two wires to either coin switch, piggyback one wire to each one one switches two wires.

LTG : )

#15 6 years ago

You need a NEMA 5-15R to IEC 60320 Adapter. What a nasty URL:

https://www.amazon.com/SF-Cable-prong-Adapter-60320-C14/dp/B004OC579E/ref=pd_bxgy_23_img_2

I'm cutting my plug end off and hard wiring it in.

NEMA 5-15R to IEC 60320 Adapter (resized).jpgNEMA 5-15R to IEC 60320 Adapter (resized).jpg

4 months later
#16 5 years ago

This is all installed and working. I was able to use the "center chute" connector to accept the coin pulses. This is the male 9 pin connector in the MMr that has 4 wires: 12V plus & minus and coin input and ground. Very clean.

3 months later
#17 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

This is all installed and working. I was able to use the "center chute" connector to accept the coin pulses. This is the male 9 pin connector in the MMr that has 4 wires: 12V plus & minus and coin input and ground. Very clean.

What model validator did you get and would you mind showing a pic of the wiring. Did you also need an adaptor?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 64.99
$ 45.00
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hardware
Pinball Haven

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-remake-bill-validator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.