Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.jpg
023.jpg
008.jpg
MMinsert2.jpg
th_middle-finger.jpg
English_MoFo.jpg
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

LOL, my necromanced thread had legs! I bet you wished you answered the question now Gambit . . . haha!

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

LOL, my necromanced thread had legs! I bet you wished you answered the question now Gambit . . . haha!

Rather, I should say, re-told the story in the other thread. LOL

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

He is not producing new ones, and despite what he says now, there are many issues that will have to clear up before he runs any more.

Not privy to any info, but I know he did a run of Scared Stiffs, and Monster Bash playfields last year. Is it legal issues? Quality issues? Just curious

When I saw his SS playfields for sale in October, he told me about doing a run of CV playfields. Seeing all the playfields he had, and how nice they looked, had no reason to doubt him.

#104 11 years ago

Jack would'nt touch this tainted MM remake with a 20 foot pole no matter how much profit was involved. He started his own company for a reason...that reason being he would be in total control of whatever he does.
Last I heard Wayne still had the rights to build. The only way it would happen otherwise is if it went through Plenetary. I am surprised that a third party has not tried to negotiate something between Wayne and Planetary to do it stateside themselves.
There was something posted in the past couple of months spelling out what rights everyone had on it, and I think Wayne held onto the rights to build and the rights to sell everything he had already made. But he did not renew some licensing, and Planetary picked up all of that. Don't quote me on any of that other than the fact that Wayne still had the rights to build it. That part of it I do specifically remember.
Its tough carrying around so many dead brain cells........

#105 11 years ago

Wow, seeing those stacked PF's and coils sure make a strong case that he is actually trying to make a run at it! Maybe pigs will fly this, or next year?!?
I'd be down for a NIB if a local distributor could guarantee that I'd get my money back if things went south again.

#106 11 years ago

Can you actually pay money to Wayne now (if you really wanted to) as a down payment on a MM remake?

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

kwiKimart said:

The callouts are funny, but the shots are repetitive, and the castle is just a giant gimmick.
If you only scratch the surface of this game and only fire balls at the castle, ignoring the much deeper rule set and gameplay behind that, yup, it gets repetitive. The castle is a giant gimmick? Sure, one of the best and most interactive, well integrated gimmicks in pinball history. I think what we really need in pinball is a lot more static Walmart toys that we just have to fire tons of balls at until they move or rotate out of the way to expose another shot that has to be hit another dozen times.
Hey wait a minute, I just described about half the Stern titles released in the last decade. Hmmm, I wonder where they got that formula for success from? "It worked for MM and AFM, so let's just make cheaper versions of those games and stick cheap superhero toys on them".
Maybe that's not fair to Stern, but come on, giant gimmick? Try taking an MM castle mechanism apart and then come and talk to me. Forget the trolls, catapult and other features of this game.
Am I the only one who's tired of the "MM is so repetitive and overrated argument"? Id bet the same people who claim to hate this game would be the first to sit here and defend it if they owned one.
Can we move on? I may not like some games, but 2.82
And yah, there are a lot more similarities than differences between AFM and MM. Even the character voices were recycled!

Yep, AFM and MM are similar. MM is deeper (and has a much higher BOM, I'm sure), but the rules and shot map are too similar to ignore.
Terry

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I talked with Gene Cunningham from Illinois Pinball (<-> he was considering re-making MM or CC and wanted to gauge interest.

I almost spit up my milk.

#109 11 years ago

Even if MM was ever re-released, It would probably be about 9-10 grand by the time it was finally finished and shipped. (Still WAY out of my buying range.)

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Can you actually pay money to Wayne now (if you really wanted to) as a down payment on a MM remake?

Surely he now recognizes he is not going to develop the game and has ceased taking deposits . . . surely.

4 months later
#111 11 years ago

Well I finally have my MM, and it is awesome. Here is a picture. It is set to free play, but I have been thinking of converting it back. What do you guys think?

photo.jpgphoto.jpg

#112 11 years ago

Tell us you got that from Wayne then we'll talk.

#113 11 years ago

Lol....no I bought it from a private seller....it's set to home play. It's in great shape but the williams word on the back is black and there is a small scratch on the silver rail across the front back glass. Not sure what it is worth though...any ideas? I think I was able to get a good deal but you never know.

#114 11 years ago

Medieval Madness Re-Release ??? Thread Topic

So you are saying its copy?

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballpaully:

Lol....no I bought it from a private seller....it's set to home play. It's in great shape but the williams word on the back is black and there is a small scratch on the silver rail across the front back glass. Not sure what it is worth though...any ideas? I think I was able to get a good deal but you never know.

Thanks for resurrecting this old thread for nothing. That's not a copy.

#116 11 years ago

LOL, people will think I necro'd it since I'm joking about necro'ing it four months ago.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballpaully:

probably just repo parts or a diff part.

1 year later
#118 10 years ago

Well, it's official:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/product/product-name-rec6/

Medival Madness Limited Edition Remake – Pre-Reserve

STATE: Pre-Order
PRODUCT: Medival Madness Limited Edition Remake – Pre-Reserve
Medival Madness Limited Edition Remake – Pre-Reserve
OEM PART#: MM Game
DESCRIPTION:
Medieval Madness remake Limited Edition! This is a new production of the great classic game. New electronics, looks and feels the same as original (minus some W logo and Williams Logo).

Please let us know if you are intereste in a game.

Will require $1000 deposit within 7 days check or cash to Planetary Pinball Supply, we will contact you for arrangements.

NOTE: Subject to availability – There will be 1000 Limited Edition games produced.

EXPECTED PRICE: $7995
EXPECTED AVAILABILITY DATE: Q2 2014 will start shipping ...
OTHER: It is possible to ask for a game #, which will be $100 if you specify a game #
LAST UPDATED: 10/18/2013

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-ordered-mmr-post-here

#119 10 years ago

Thanks for bumping this year old thread, I didn't notice the news.

#120 10 years ago

I thought it was a fitting end to what was an interesting thread but hey if the bump was so painful for you I apologize.

#121 10 years ago

TL;DR, this was that ongoing Wayne scam right? Why is everyone now saying this is legit and jumping them with 1,000 pre-orders?

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from MadocOwain:

TL;DR, this was that ongoing Wayne scam right? Why is everyone now saying this is legit and jumping them with 1,000 pre-orders?

Planetary Pinball has the rights to those williams games now and is building these machines. Not Wayne

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-re-release/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.