By c9er

6 months ago

Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

Have been trying to troubleshoot a problem for a few months now where the lamps lit on the playfield bear no connection to what's happening during the game. Lamps are not burned out - they all physically work. All or most will often be on when I first start a game, but progressing through features like peasants, exploding castles, and extra balls doesn't change what is lit up or what shuts off. I tried removing and reseating all the ribbon cables, to no avail. Anyone ever encountered this issue before? Feels like a more serious circuit board issue...

#2 6 months ago

Go into the single lamp test and make sure each lamp is turning on and off correctly.

Probably a matrix issue (assuming not the remake?)

#3 6 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Go into the single lamp test and make sure each lamp is turning on and off correctly.
Probably a matrix issue (assuming not the remake?)

Went into the lamp test menu and am not able to switch on and off individual lamps or to turn the entire group of them on and off. Does that call for a circuit board repair or replacement?

#4 6 months ago

No matter what when you scroll through the different lamps in single lamp test you should be getting at least some that turn on. Can you elaborate on what you're getting?

3 weeks later
#5 6 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

No matter what when you scroll through the different lamps in single lamp test you should be getting at least some that turn on. Can you elaborate on what you're getting?

Sorry for the slow reply here. I have a random assortment of playfield lamps on when I first switch on the game. Going into the single lamp test does not cause any of those to turn off or on. The full lamp test will turn them all on, but not off. It's a very strange problem. I've heard it could be an aging capacitor that needs to be replaced?

#6 6 months ago

What lamps are they? Are they all in one row or column?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 18.99
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 15.00
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 90.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 124.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 9.95
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 919.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Lisbon

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside