Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Legacy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Is it that good YES.

Did I stop playing my other pins for months after getting it mostly yes.

Is it worth 13K not in my opinion. That said it is still in my collection and I could have sold at that price and did not. Until mass people let go of them at once I think this price is still creeping.

Great pin MM and XMLE are now my top 2 games in my collection.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I bought the game also because I love it. But I've had it for about 18 months and it generally just sits unplayed. People that come over play it. But it's not the best game in my collection and I'm surprised it's really ranked #1. Sure, it's really good, and I am glad I own it. But it's not like you have a collection of 10 games and a MM and all the other 9 are sitting idle because MM is so great. To be honest, Xmen and AC/DC make MM look sort of dated in my opinion.

I went around and played 8 of my games tonight. I think MM is a better player than X-men. I've had MM for over 8 years now and I go through cycles where I let it sit and then play it for a while. I've managed to win BFTK 4 times and my son and daughter have both won BFTK (outlanes are set pretty closed). I do like X-men - it's a great looker and I enjoy playing it, but I don't think it's at MM level yet. Hopefully another software update or two will help out.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Agree. He has played mine. Fun, but current prices are silly.

And yours was the best example I have ever seen. Awesome machine. I will be logging a lot of games on MM by this time tomorrow at Joystix!!! Pumped about it. Love the game. Wish it was still selling in the high four figure area.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Is it that good YES.
Did I stop playing my other pins for months after getting it mostly yes.
Is it worth 13K not in my opinion. That said it is still in my collection and I could have sold at that price and did not. Until mass people let go of them at once I think this price is still creeping.
Great pin MM and XMLE are now my top 2 games in my collection.
Best of luck with whatever you decide.

It seems to appreciate at the rate of about $100 per month. I see no reason that won't continue for the next year or two unless WOZ really does usher in an entirely new era of pinball with the LCD and other innovative features...even then, I think MM will keep appreciating until several games like that were released.

#55 11 years ago

MM is a really great game, but it's value is more due to the fact that it is still a route monster than it's true play value. If you want to pry them out of the hands of ops, you have to pay.

While it might be in my top 10 or so games, I'd rather have two or three of the next 30 or so games that I like than having one MM, so at no point in my collecting days has it ever made sense to pick one up. 10 years ago, they were $4k machines when you could pick up LOTS of stuff for $800. It made the decision easy - I could get five games I really liked instead of it.

Prices are up a little across the board now, but the five for one still holds true. In fact, I could buy my favorite six pins for going market rate, and still be WELL under the $13k or so that MMs get listed for often now. Makes it really hard to justify one.

#56 11 years ago

I have had my MM for about 13 years. I purchased it fully restored for $5000. It has since been gone through twice and has a clearcoated playfield from Bill Davis. About 7 years ago I had a gentlemen offer to give me $10,000 he thought I was crazy to tell him no, but I absolutely love this game. Kids love this game. It is the game that gets played the most out of my collection when I have people come over.

I have won BFTK twice and for me out of all the games that I have played and beat, MM gives me the most satisfaction.

I personally think that MM is much better than AFM and I have both. Neither of them will probably ever leave my collection.

#57 11 years ago

To me, I would never play any pin enough to spend that kind of money.

#58 11 years ago

Barnyard Multiball is hands down one of the funniest modes on any pin.

"MOoooOOOOoo!" - Merlin, 2012

#59 11 years ago

I'm glad I have it, but honestly it hasn't even been in my rotation for a couple of years. I can host 5 pins and it just can't displace ACDC (because its new), BSM, LOTR, TSPP, or WH20. I drag it out when there is a party because guests absolutely love it. I'm not saying it isn't a great game - because it is - its just not the end-all-be-all of pinball.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

I had both AFM and MM.
I sold MM
I still have AFM
to answer your question... a pin is worth what you can sell it for...It's that simple...
.so don't buy a pin for more than you can sell it for.

Plus 1

I did the same, Will not let the AFM go.

#61 11 years ago

My WH2O gets more play than MM most nights when friends are over, and Tron LE is probably a better all around game - but if you like a silly Monty Python theme it can't be beat.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

To be honest, Xmen and AC/DC make MM look sort of dated in my opinion.

The use of LEDs everywhere is really the only reason this is so. I really don't like the term "dated" and it is used quite a bit on these forums when comparing newer games to old. I think the better way to describe it is just brighter. On my X-men it is almost too bright. I can't play it in the dark unless I use one of my PDI sheets. Very difficult to see anything in the upper portion of the game with the standard glass because of all the LEDs and the glare. My X-men sits next to my MM, and all it is brighter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-owners/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.