• Latest reply 7 years ago by Strohz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image2 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I just got a nice MM and have fixed a number of the "simple items" on the game, but have 2 items I can't get right. I have a few games, but not the best at fixing (but learning)...

1. Left ball return/left joust/ball eject 7 of 10 times launched it straight down the center drain. Is there a way to adjust this? Is it a leveling issue? Other? I dont mind a challenge, but quite lame when you get drained w zero chance to do anything (after you do something successfully, like say hit in and destroy a castle). Any ideas?

2. The right lane rollover in the top right is intermittent, a lot of times not working. Im thinking maybe the rollover needs to be bent down a bit? When Im in test mode and push the switch it works, but when ball goes over during game mode it doesnt work. Its very tight in there, even if bending it a bit is answer (is it?) how do I best get in there to do it?

3....ok guess there is a 3rd. The left troll is very hard to trigger, you have to whack it very hard and directly in the front of it to trigger a hit, where the other you can hit if softer and from the sides. The left one feels a bit looser when I shake it around. Any ideas here to make it more responsive?

Many thanks guys!

#2 7 years ago

1 - http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html I'd check that before anything.

2 - Try it in switch edge test with a ball - it may need to come up a bit. Easiest way to adjust is remove the bracket holding the switch and lower it so you can see what you are doing.

3 - Leaf blade switch, two leafs - one on the troll head side and one behind it. Adjust the rear one closer to the front one.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Many thanks LTG! I will work on it tonight and report back...

#4 7 years ago

Three ways to address issue #1:

1: make sure it's level and adjust the slope via the leg levelers.
2: Try slightly bending the VUK outlet scoop.
3: Adjust strength of kickout by moving the coil up or down the bracket slightly (there's room for adjustment via the slotted holes in the bracket).

#5 7 years ago

The castle kick out/vuk to the joust lane is adjustable, pop the hood take a look and you will see what I mean.

#6 7 years ago

If your castle VUK is already adjusted to the limits of its "trajectory", you can use this simple fix to make further adjustments.
A small piece of weatherstripping on the edge of the scoop can slow the ball just enough to change is momentum to avoid your problem.
Normally, this problem is more common when games have been recently rebuilt due to the clean coil sleeve and coil strength.

However, I would also check the long ball rail on the left orbit.
These can get bent over time (ball strikes), and actually can be adjusted with the mounting screws to reposition the piece to angle the ball directly back to the left flipper.

#7 7 years ago

Bob and Concrete, thanks!

1. Moved the two adjustable screws from the top of bracket to the middle, kick out is now weaker, and falls perfectly down to the left slipper in the 25 times i tested it (5 times I had to struggle to save it a bit but it was totally fine. I checked leveling using PinGuy app and it said left side was 0.2 too low (close enough?) but w front leg all the way up (floor slanted) and pain to get to back to left leg and home alone I let it be.

2. Unscrewed both screws, left wires connected, manually bent the switch up a "little bit". Before I did that I did switch test w ball and it was working fine, but the error was intermittent during gameplay so still wanted to give it tweak. SO far so good, working first 15+ times..

3. Man alive, how the heck to you get in there?! I undid the four bracket screws, unclipped wire harness (left troll), and tried to push the back leaf forward a bit w my finger. Didnt want to take the troll flap, scared would be hard to get back on w that pin (had trouble w it on TOM trap door before). The left troll certainly registers if hit straight on, but not from the sides the the right one, and you gotta whack it much harder still...

Any tips for #3 on how I can be sure they are close enough to each other/get the connectivity to point where its not a superhuman feat to hit the left troll?

Thanks a lot guy! 2 down, 1 to go!

#8 7 years ago

#3 - Underneath the playfield a bolt holds the troll carriage to the plunger in the coil. Remove it. Unplug the troll head connector. Wiggle and pull the troll carriage up and out ( turn left coming out of the hole ) and then you can work on it outside of the game. Reverse the procedure going back in.

Left troll you'd have to remove the wireform above it first to get it out.

LTG : )

#9 7 years ago

LTG - I took nut off below the left troll head, but it didn't free anything up, thinking this isn't what you meant. Do you have any pics or any other guidance re what I need to be taking off? See pic of my trolls attached.

Separately, unfortunately the nut fell off when i unscrewed it and I cant find it. Im worried about playing the game a loose nut floating around, but Ive looked in the game for an hour now all through the cabinet, shaking game around, etc and I cant find it. May be a silly question, but any tips/ideas to track it down? Ive added another nut on there now to hold it, but again scared about the missing nut.

This seems to be the final piece I need to do to get the game 100% functioning properly.

Many thanks again

image2 (resized).JPGimage2 (resized).JPG

#10 7 years ago

Check the speaker area really good. I've found the magnet tends to grab loose screws and nuts many times I lose them...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-mm-left-ball-return-constantly-drains and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.