Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by donnadana
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Out of curiosity, what's the most an MM is worth?
If you can get one from Europe (let's call it a beater machine) for 8.5k, and then buy a new Playfield (let's say 1k), and then pay through the nose for an amazing shop-job (let's call that 7k)... maybe throw in another 1k for shipping?
Wouldn't that make any MM out there today worth a maximum of 17.5k -and have to be in as good condition as a newly refurbished unit to be comparable?
That doesn't include mods or LEDs of course...

Is anyone willing to admit what they've paid for an MM in the past? or how much you got for one you've sold?

Since wire harnesses, playfields, and plastics are available, it would appear to me as though the price on any MM can't exceed the total cost of all new pieces and the restoration cost.
Come to think of it, has anyone out there priced out all the pieces individually? Why start with a beater at 8-9k if you're going to start by buying a new PF? What is it exactly that you're keeping from the routed machine?

Being new to the Pinball world, I would love to hear if any of my numbers are off. For example, the top restoration sights are quoting 4-6k for their services, with another 1.5 or so for cabinets -but do they generally run more expensive when all is said and done? I've seen some mighty nice resto pics on those sites!
Thoughts? I've read about the project that some of you are working on -to build new MMs from scratch. Sounds like there are many pieces that aren't being reproduced?

#2 9 years ago

One thing to bear in mind is the time it's going to take to get that top notch restoration project done. Might be 12, 18 or 24 months before you can get your dream machine done, whereas you might see one right now that's already done and for sale (just a few weeks back wasn't there an MM on here for sale for around $20k?). So what's the premium you'd be willing to pay to get that machine right now versus waiting a year or two to get it? So maybe when you tally it all up (ie. buy that machine in Europe, get the playfield, send it to HEP, etc...) it's less than buying that dream machine today, but if I really want that perfect machine right now I'll shell out whatever it'll take to get that bad boy.

#3 9 years ago

Your estimates are correct about restoration... I absolutely love the game.. I've been fortunate enough to be able to afford one restored around the final price you're talking about..

But good luck finding one for 8.5K... TC claims they've been selling restored machines for much more than that though lately... I would not have bought one at today's prices...

Post pics of before and after if you're able too....

#4 9 years ago

BTW, contact Keller pinball... he lists one for sale for $17,500.. if he still has it..

#5 9 years ago

I wouldnt sell mine for 17.5K

#6 9 years ago

i got one done by keller in june it was 17000 +3000 in mods getting a afm for 15000 +4000 in mods tcove is selling mm for 2100 no mods

#7 9 years ago

sorry that was 21000

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from donnadana:

tcove is selling mm for 2100

I assume you meant $21k, and if so: holy sh*t!

#9 9 years ago

when i called for the price he said sit down

#10 9 years ago

I feel like I sorta got a bargain in September for mine. It is absolutely my favorite pin to date. I have tried most of the A-listers in my home and MM is all I love about pinball.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I feel like I sorta got a bargain in September for mine. It is absolutely my favorite pin to date. I have tried most of the A-listers in my home and MM is all I love about pinball.

That's a great way of putting it. It's my favorite too, and like you, I have also tried most of the "A" listers.

#12 9 years ago

One on Ebay now for $15,900.00 OBO..

#13 9 years ago

There was one on ebay for $29K NIB.

That is the highest I've seen.

#14 9 years ago

NIB? Geez!!
NIB's have been turning up lately, was a NIB listed for a Pin 2K Star Wars recently..

#15 9 years ago

It's a great pinball for sure but isn't this all getting out of hand? I guess it's worth whatever you're willing to pay but it still seems crazy.

#16 9 years ago

I justified it because I know if I had space for 12 pins I would own 12. I have space for 4 0r 5 so they might as well be the pins I want.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There was one on ebay for $29K NIB.
That is the highest I've seen.

If I had a 7 figure salary, I would so buy a NIB MM.

That would be the greatest unboxing party!!

Marcus

#18 9 years ago

the most an MM is worth is whatever someone will pay for it. adding up restoration costs is pricey too. my elvira and the party monsters is going to be a hell of alot. it adds up quickly. and like one previous post said, how long do you want to wait for one?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I justified it because I know if I had space for 12 pins I would own 12. I have space for 4 0r 5 so they might as well be the pins I want.

Great point and I am in agreement! if you're going to have room for only a few pins you might as well have the exact ones you want. I subscribe to that thinking too.

#20 9 years ago

My MM is a top notch perfect restore (literally the next best thing to HEP) and I wouldn't even dream of letting mine go unless it was an offer of 20k+

(please don't pm me. it's not for sale)

EDIT: I always thought MM was way overhyped (price aside) and now after owning one I understand the appeal/depth and the need to hit the start button over & over...

#21 9 years ago

This thread is making me wonder what the h#ll was I thinking back a few years ago when I kept passing on nice MMs in the $4500-$5000 range because they were "way too expensive".

They may not have been super-restored examples but some were mighty nice.

Ugh. Who has the Pinside time machine?

#22 9 years ago

Here is someone who has lived the "dream" of building MM from parts.

It's nice read:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/rec.games.pinball/cxHOuHcRrH4

This was posted back in Feb so is pretty current.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

What did you pay for it? Is it restored? I want to get one in 2013.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

My MM is a top notch perfect restore (literally the next best thing to HEP) and I wouldn't even dream of letting mine go unless it was an offer of 20k+

Who did the restoration?

#25 9 years ago

got mine done by keller

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside