Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jenk540i
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
20150928_122858.jpg
20150928_105733.jpg
20150928_104801.jpg
MM_PF-View-SM.jpg
MM-Full.jpg
15956647643_3f1607f440_b.jpg
MM_160.jpg
MM_158.jpg
image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Does anyone have pictures of cool LED lighting options for MM? The only picture I see is the one from PinballBulbs, and their MM picture looks worse than about all their other pictures. It's completely color-bombed and looks bad frankly (as opposed to most of their pictures that I think look really cool).

I hate warm white, so I'm debating between a mainly cool white strategy versus something more atmospheric. I like using purples, and it does bring out some cool accents in MM, but I'm not sure if I think the purple fits, and I have plenty of other games that have purple lighting in them these days, so thinking I may stay away from that. Any opinions or good pictures would be MOST appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

Here someimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#3 4 years ago

Here is a before after of the backbox. The is one green LED behind each troll and a couple blues behind madness.

MM_158.jpg

MM_160.jpg

#4 4 years ago

Here is a picture of mine with LEDs and some additional lighting I added to the lower half of the playfield.

15956647643_3f1607f440_b.jpg

#5 4 years ago

Since you like purple, second picture enhances that by leaving the shutter open a little longer

MM-Full.jpg

MM_PF-View-SM.jpg

#6 4 years ago

Here's another picture of our kit but with my cell phone. It picks up purples and pinks like crazy but shows the top lighting a lot better and closer to what it's like imo. The only difference here too is the new spotlight bulbs we have that come in kits now. Way brighter.

You could sub cool white in the spotlight bulbs and that would massivly tone down the purple on the lower end. Ill grab a pic of that in a sec too

20150928_104801.jpg

#7 4 years ago

Same game I justswapped spotlights for cool white. Which I'm now lea ing on this game ive decided.

20150928_105733.jpg

#8 4 years ago

Thanks for the pictures everyone. Some interesting choices. I didn't specify that I was interested in GI lighting options, but you all seemed to gather what I was looking for.

James, the cool white spots version looks much better, I can see why you're switching to that. I did like the florescent aspects the purple brought out, but the game just didn't feel like it should be purple (and I have a lot of space themed games where I use purple, so I was hoping to break the trend here for this one). When you added the cool white spots, did the purple bulbs still pull out the florescents from places like the orange in the outlanes, or does the white cancel it out mostly?

Also, I'm having the castle custom painted, does the green you have wash out the details up there or is that just the camera doing most of that? I like the idea of a green hue coming from the moat, but green tends to wash out so many details that if it's as green as your picture it would defeat the purpose of having the castle painted.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Thanks for the pictures everyone. Some interesting choices. I didn't specify that I was interested in GI lighting options, but you all seemed to gather what I was looking for.
James, the cool white spots version looks much better, I can see why you're switching to that. I did like the florescent aspects the purple brought out, but the game just didn't feel like it should be purple (and I have a lot of space themed games where I use purple, so I was hoping to break the trend here for this one). When you added the cool white spots, did the purple bulbs still pull out the florescents from places like the orange in the outlanes, or does the white cancel it out mostly?
Also, I'm having the castle custom painted, does the green you have wash out the details up there or is that just the camera doing most of that? I like the idea of a green hue coming from the moat, but green tends to wash out so many details that if it's as green as your picture it would defeat the purpose of having the castle painted.

Not sure if this helps. In person the castle face isn't too green. The stock spots are green so changing those to a color that accented your painted castle would be cool. I can make your back strip a different color of you wanted as well. The moat being green from under is for sure cool

20150928_122858.jpg

#10 4 years ago

Next to LOTR with no LEDs

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 9.10
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brownsburg, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside