(Topic ID: 121863)

Medieval Madness LE #078 is in DA HOUSE!

By ClassicArcades

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
j6g05.jpg
image.jpg
2015-03-20 15.18.02.jpg
2015-03-20 15.16.52.jpg
untitled.png
untitled1.png
2015-03-19 15.34.55.jpg
2015-03-19 15.34.49.jpg
wpc95.jpg
2015-03-19 16.30.59.jpg
2015-03-19 16.29.48.jpg
2015-03-19 16.29.44.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Wow very nice! Congrats to all those getting a new MMR. I'm also curious though about the Williams logo on the DMD panel...?

It's super crazy you guys ....he BOUGHT ONE and replaced the blank PPS one! OMG!

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So is this beauty using the SPIKE system from Stern?

No, this isn't a Stern game. Chicago Gaming is using their own boards and a Beaglebone CPU.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

whoa cool!!!!!!! I might have to try and get one of these. Does it feel "sterny" I bought a spiderman and I just dont like the way the game feels compared to my wpc games. Maybe I am a weirdo cuz spiderman looks the best in my collection by far but there's something about it I can't quite put my finger on.

It's not using any Stern parts. B/W parts.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If CG was smart, they would partner with ColorDMD and integrate ColorDMD support into future titles.

I think they tried but it's just such a different platform. I don't really understand the technical details - but ColorDMD takes the information coming from the DMD controller board and outputs the frames in color on the display...the way MMr works, there's no DMD controller...all the visual info is coming from the Beaglebone. I don't think there's a way to "filter it" like ColorDMD does...the color info would have to come directly from the Beaglebone. I don't think the way ColorDMD deals with the colored frames is compatible with how MMr is set up....so, Chicago Gaming is doing their own coloring solution.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from ClassicArcades:

Here's a video I took of Joe Newhart from Pinball star he stopped by my house to play and he totally destroyed the game you got the high score what action you like the video
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204043439346000
Enjoy the video
Jeff

I have FB and it doesn't work. Must be set to private or something.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Looks like from the video that the screen tearing that was evident at Expo hasn't changed any since then. Not a show stopper or anything, but hopefully they can dial that out and do the full colorization still. It's the one advantage the original still has IMHO, full color DMD, obviously using ColorDMD.

Might not be tearing...often videos of displays have artifacts that aren't there in real life.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBiohazard:

Medieval Madness Remake (Pro/LE) needs to be added to the Pinside List of Games

There is no Pro. Pro are a line of Stern games with less playfield features.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

The only way to solve this debate is to film the LCD with your framerate set at 30 or 60 and your shutter-speed to 1/60th.

I have a better solution. They send me my game already and I'll tell you if there's tearing lol

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

A good point for sure. Don't see the prices on the mr ever going up with new manufacturing going on and ve's surely to follow so its a break even at best if that's the case

VE is a Stern thing. MMr will just be MMr and be in production as long as there's demand.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I get so confused. Same thing though kinda...

No, not really. So far there's only been one Vault Edition....it was a game that was out of production for a few years, Stern renewed the license & released a slightly altered version of the game. I suppose you could say ALL of MMr is a "Vault Edition"...cuz it was out of production for almost 20 years & is now in production slightly altered...but anyway - from this point forward, PPS has the Williams/MM rights - they can just keep making the game as long as there's demand. Once the standard editions are in production, they'll keep pumping them out till no one cares anymore.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

thanks man. I love learning about this stuff. it does support my original point that as long as these are available new it's gonna be tough to get your investment back which is what wickerman made a point of.

Oh, sure....but if anyone is buying these to sell soon after and profit, they're a dope. I'm buying it to keep, play and enjoy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-le-078-is-in-da-house?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.