(Topic ID: 121863)

Medieval Madness LE #078 is in DA HOUSE!

By ClassicArcades

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
j6g05.jpg
image.jpg
2015-03-20 15.18.02.jpg
2015-03-20 15.16.52.jpg
untitled.png
untitled1.png
2015-03-19 15.34.55.jpg
2015-03-19 15.34.49.jpg
wpc95.jpg
2015-03-19 16.30.59.jpg
2015-03-19 16.29.48.jpg
2015-03-19 16.29.44.jpg
There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 9 years ago

Will upload it to youtube it is large
Jeff

#152 9 years ago

New LE Video Clip

Thanks
Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

#153 9 years ago

Here is a video of the new Medieval Madness Remake LE with trolls in action - Catapult - and Ramp Shots Galore

Thanks
Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

#154 9 years ago

Nice videos. So how does the game play/feel compared to the original? Same or better or different in what way? Thanks.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from ClassicArcades:

New LE Video Clip
» YouTube video
Thanks
Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

Sorry Teekee, but this game demolishes the original.

#156 9 years ago

It plays great and feels just like the original 1997 version. Being brand new makes it play amazing!!!

Jeff

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

this game demolishes the original.

Sorry eggbert but that statement is rediculous!

#158 9 years ago

It plays great and feels just like the original 1997 version. Being brand new makes it play amazing!!!
Jeff

The haters still hold on by giving thumbs downs to obvious truths. They shall be silenced soon. However, for now they are on the market place, Craigslist, Ebay, and whatever medium they can possibly use to sell their current Medieval Madness machines.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sorry eggbert but that statement is rediculous!

Well when you learn to spell ridiculous correctly then maybe we can talk about ridiculous statements.

#160 9 years ago

Oh yes, the trolls are in action all right.

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

The haters still hold on by giving thumbs downs to obvious truths.

It appears that you are the "hater"

Ps I gave your post about the remake of MM "destroying" the original based on a 20 second video a thumbs down because it was a silly thing to say!

#162 9 years ago

It appears that you are the "hater"
Ps I gave your post about the remake of MM "destroying" the original based on a 20 second video a thumbs down because it was a silly thing to say!

First of all, I love the original game. Explain how I'm a hater by complimenting the videos? By the way, there are like 7 total videos counting the two on here and other websites where players have received their games. Like Kevin Spacy said in "The Negotiator:" I didn't just compare one Medieval Madness video, I watched quite a few before forming my opinion.

I personally think you gave me a thumbs down because it's the trendy thing to do.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Well when you learn to spell ridiculous correctly then maybe we can talk about ridiculous statements.

calling me out on bad spelling? What a H-8-R
image.jpgimage.jpg

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Sorry Teekee, but this game demolishes the original.

Wow.... now maybe I have to buy a MMr also and have two

#165 9 years ago

calling me out on bad spelling? What a H-8-R
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I sure hope you are not spelling ridiculous that way on your company emails or you're probably certain to not buy many more pinball machines in your near future.

You do realize that people, with the exception of the pot heads, aren't just going to side with you for not be able to spell ridiculous correctly right?

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I sure hope you are not spelling ridiculous that way on your company emails or you're probably certain to not buy many more pinball machines in your near future.

Eggbert=Hondanut??? I'm putting you on ignore now CYA!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#167 9 years ago

I run into Jason Krinder (Beagle Bone Black godfather) quite often, most recently this past weekend.

I asked how long that part would be available (a concern I had with this project) he said at least 10 years!

That's good news for future games and servicing!

#168 9 years ago

Here is a video of the new Medieval Madness Remake LE with trolls in action - Catapult - and Ramp Shots Galore
» YouTube video
Thanks
Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

Awesome video thanks for posting. Congrats on your new MMr!

#169 9 years ago

Looks like from the video that the screen tearing that was evident at Expo hasn't changed any since then. Not a show stopper or anything, but hopefully they can dial that out and do the full colorization still. It's the one advantage the original still has IMHO, full color DMD, obviously using ColorDMD.

#170 9 years ago

I'm putting you on ignore now CYA!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

If I've in any way helped you get out of your parents' basement then it's worth the ignore.

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Looks like from the video that the screen tearing that was evident at Expo hasn't changed any since then. Not a show stopper or anything, but hopefully they can dial that out and do the full colorization still. It's the one advantage the original still has IMHO, full color DMD, obviously using ColorDMD.

Yep, that's the one thing...and it's a big one too! Hoping the colorization is up to par.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I didn't see that, at what time in the video did the tearing show?

I've been wondering about it, none of the new owners have reported it yet

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I didn't see that, at what time in the video did the tearing show?
I've been wondering about it, none of the new owners have reported it yet

You can't see it on the video. You have to see it live. I'm not sure what Aurich is talking about.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Might not be tearing...often videos of displays have artifacts that aren't there in real life.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Might not be tearing...often videos of displays have artifacts that aren't there in real life.

Totally possible. Filmed screens can be weird.

But, it only does it the same times it did it at Expo in the video.

Watch for when the whole screen flashes. See how you can see the screen actively trying to refresh mid-frame? That's tearing. You're seeing multiple frame states at once.

It's not a big deal. But Rick said they were fixing it, and it *appears* from the video it's the same as Expo. Maybe it's better in person!

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agree. I was going to mention that I saw tearing on the screen during the "Multiball Madness" animation. Glad I'm not the only one that can see it. Pretty clear on the video.

I have confidence that this can be fixed as long as they are motivated to do so. Here's hoping.

#177 9 years ago

^At the 16 second mark of the Troll video above you can clearly see tearing.

#178 9 years ago

Medieval Madness Remake (Pro/LE) needs to be added to the Pinside List of Games

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBiohazard:

Medieval Madness Remake (Pro/LE) needs to be added to the Pinside List of Games

There is no Pro. Pro are a line of Stern games with less playfield features.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I thought the same thing. The Family Guy next to it looks weird at times as well, and that's even a plasma! In the video, it looks pretty bad, though.

#181 9 years ago

Yep, that is pretty damn cool. Congrats! Now if only they would only do the same for MB.

#182 9 years ago

whwere can I find details on ordering and lead times? when i go to pps the last update was in august
http://www.planetarypinball.com/product/product-name-rec6/ I really dont know if this is the right place to be looking though

#183 9 years ago

Call Joe,
He great super super easy to deal with.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Authorized Jersey Jack Pinball Distributor
570-357-0042
[email protected]

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Call Joe,
He great super super easy to deal with.
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Authorized Jersey Jack Pinball Distributor
570-357-0042
[email protected]

perfect thanks man!!!

#185 9 years ago

There are a few places, and joe has been advertising here.

I think that the large vendors have LE's too.

If you are getting a non-LE, the wait will be long.

Robert

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

whwere can I find details on ordering and lead times?

Message them. They respond to everything I ask and you can order direct from them. Is this why you had that Spider-Man for sale?

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

whwere can I find details on ordering and lead times? when i go to pps the last update was in august
http://www.planetarypinball.com/product/product-name-rec6/ I really dont know if this is the right place to be looking though

Just put a 1k deposit down & you will be asked to pay in full in 3 weeks as yours is shipping, or.. pay in full and wait 18 months

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Just put a 1k deposit down & you will be asked to pay in full in 3 weeks as yours is shipping, or.. pay in full and wait 18 months

Not far off from the truth.

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The only way to solve this debate is to film the LCD with your framerate set at 30 or 60 and your shutter-speed to 1/60th.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

The only way to solve this debate is to film the LCD with your framerate set at 30 or 60 and your shutter-speed to 1/60th.

I have a better solution. They send me my game already and I'll tell you if there's tearing lol

#191 9 years ago

I think the pronounced tearing is due to the video. I played the game in person at PPS and hit some multiballs and and Troll madness with lots of things going on and none of it seemed to be as apparent as it looks in the video. The video seems to be behaving the same way it does when you try to video your TV and then watch it later. You tend to see all kinds of weird lines when watching it back. I'm not saying that there isn't any tearing, just saying that the video of it is making the LCD look weird.

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Message them. They respond to everything I ask and you can order direct from them. Is this why you had that Spider-Man for sale?

"had" is the right word. I sold spiderman because I didn't like it. Sold that and JD as a package deal. I wasn't even looking to sell jd but he wanted to save on shipping by buying two at once so who was I to deny him lol. I am looking for an a-list game now. I was hoping MM would come down but I don't envision it coming down past 6k anytime soon and in that range I would rather spend 8 on a brand new machine. I'm a juggler too. I got f'n happy flipper feet. SM ad JD were the ninth and tenth games I have sold in the last 4 months. I think I had SM for about 8 weeks

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I think I had SM for about 8 weeks

yikes...thought people loved that game.

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

yikes...thought people loved that game.

Most do. A few don't. I personally don't like ACDC but the masses do love it. I love SM and most regard it highly. Can't please everyone with a single game.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I'm a juggler too. I got f'n happy flipper feet.

Sure a MMr NIB is right for you then? Though lots would like to see you selling an MMr I bet...

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Sure a MMr NIB is right for you then? Though lots would like to see you selling an MMr I bet...

A good point for sure. Don't see the prices on the mr ever going up with new manufacturing going on and ve's surely to follow so its a break even at best if that's the case

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

A good point for sure. Don't see the prices on the mr ever going up with new manufacturing going on and ve's surely to follow so its a break even at best if that's the case

VE is a Stern thing. MMr will just be MMr and be in production as long as there's demand.

#198 9 years ago

I get so confused. Same thing though kinda...

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I get so confused. Same thing though kinda...

No, not really. So far there's only been one Vault Edition....it was a game that was out of production for a few years, Stern renewed the license & released a slightly altered version of the game. I suppose you could say ALL of MMr is a "Vault Edition"...cuz it was out of production for almost 20 years & is now in production slightly altered...but anyway - from this point forward, PPS has the Williams/MM rights - they can just keep making the game as long as there's demand. Once the standard editions are in production, they'll keep pumping them out till no one cares anymore.

#200 9 years ago

Very awesome that this came to fruition and people are getting thier machines. I am happy I am not one of those people that spent thousands of $ restoring an old machine. Those are going to be a tough sell now. I may pick up a standard version of this down the line.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-le-078-is-in-da-house/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.