(Topic ID: 121863)

Medieval Madness LE #078 is in DA HOUSE!

By ClassicArcades

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
j6g05.jpg
image.jpg
2015-03-20 15.18.02.jpg
2015-03-20 15.16.52.jpg
untitled.png
untitled1.png
2015-03-19 15.34.55.jpg
2015-03-19 15.34.49.jpg
wpc95.jpg
2015-03-19 16.30.59.jpg
2015-03-19 16.29.48.jpg
2015-03-19 16.29.44.jpg
There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from ClassicArcades:

The leds on this game look different than any led I have seen before. They are very bright and throw the light evenly very well.

The game was designed for LEDs and uses software to make the LEDs emulate the softer fade in / fade out of incandescents. It's kind of like having an LED OCD board factory installed. One of my favorite features!

#102 9 years ago

Looking great!

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

The game was designed for LEDs and uses software to make the LEDs emulate the softer fade in / fade out of incandescents. It's kind of like having an LED OCD board factory installed. One of my favorite features!

This remake looks awesome. I am jealous. This is the only way I will ever get MM back in my collection...although I suspect the price of original MMs will take another big ratchet down now that the games are shipping and getting good reviews. I once bought a nice routed MM for $3000 that cleaned up great. That day may be coming again soon.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This remake looks awesome. I am jealous. This is the only way I will ever get MM back in my collection...although I suspect the price of original MMs will take another big ratchet down now that the games are shipping and getting good reviews. I once bought a nice routed MM for $3000 that cleaned up great. That day may be coming again soon.

I'll keep my crappy restored MM I paid $6000 for four years ago. Plays like a dream.

I am glad that people can finally get this game again without paying $10,000. That is nuts.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I suspect the price of original MMs will take another big ratchet down.

Just let it play out, maybe people will be throwing their original MM's in the dumpster or using them for firewood now that MMr has been released

Quoted from John_I:

now that the games are shipping and getting good reviews.

They are shipping, but the only reviews I have seen are that a game arrived with a scratched locked down bar, an offset start button and a guy who ordered black got gold.

Just trying to keep it real

Disclaimer: MM is my all time fave game!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Oh, I don't know. I don't really think originals will go that low. Also, we've barely begun the honeymoon .. Any actual problems with this new system may yet be discovered. Not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic. I obviously can't wait to get mine!

#107 9 years ago

Looking great so far! Can't wait for mine. Keep the review updates coming.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

They are shipping, but the only reviews I have seen are that a game arrived with a scratched locked down bar, an offset start button and a guy who ordered black got gold.
Just trying to keep it real

To be fair...the originals also either had an offset start button or offset fire button. The offset fire button looks sillier than the offset start button to me. Hopefully all the MMrs are the same (start button offset).

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

To be fair...the originals also either had an offset start button or offset fire button. The offset fire button looks sillier than the offset start button to me. Hopefully all the MMrs are the same (start button offset).

Agreed I have never seen an original with perfect alignment, now bring on ###r... I want to know what's next PPS.

#110 9 years ago

Agreed I have never seen an original with perfect alignment, now bring on ###r... I want to know what's next PPS.

Taking bets...MBr or AFMr. Double odds on CCr. Quadruple odds on BBBr.

I see by your ###r you think it's AFM!

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Taking bets...MBr or AFMr. Double odds on CCr. Quadruple odds on BBBr.
I see by your ###r you think it's AFM!

I bet a $10.00 donation to Pinside that it's AFMr (I'm hoping im wrong I would rather see MBr next)

#112 9 years ago

Looks awesome! Need. More. Video!

#113 9 years ago

I bet a $10.00 donation to Pinside that it's AFMr (I'm hoping im wrong I would rather see MBr next)

I will take the bet I put my 10.00 to Pinside on MB I think you are right but all in fun.

#114 9 years ago

All I have to say is fart.

#115 9 years ago

Yeah. But they did in 1997!!

#116 9 years ago

congrats! I played MMR at IAAPA and it played great! best MM I ever played, great lighting etc...

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

I will take the bet I put my 10.00 to Pinside on MB I think you are right but all in fun.

Done deal Fuse

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Congrats!
Have you tried to install cliffy/mantis protections, and if yes how do they fit ?

My question may have been invisible due to the flow in this thread

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Gotta disagree, the offset fire button looks worse since it essentially has a crosshair on it which looks really bad since its so obvious.

#120 9 years ago

Video review!!!

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Mb would be awesome. I'd be in for one.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Mb would be awesome. I'd be in for one.

Second this 100%!

#123 9 years ago

Gonna play a few months of wait and see on PF mounted driver board. Not diggin that location.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I suspect the price of original MMs will take another big ratchet down now that the games are shipping and getting good reviews. I once bought a nice routed MM for $3000 that cleaned up great. That day may be coming again soon.

One machine reviewed by an early buyer/owner that says it plays good? Not sure I'd bet the farm.... yet. The originals to me will always be the one to own.. and if they can match that or beat it, then I'd consider it. But NOT after one measly review.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Second this 100%!

Yeah, +3. I like MM & AFM... but I loves me some MB.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

One machine reviewed by an early buyer/owner that says it plays good? Not sure I'd bet the farm.... yet. The originals to me will always be the one to own.. and if they can match that or beat it, then I'd consider it. But NOT after one measly review.

Don't even have to look. MM, MB or AFM in your collection.

#127 9 years ago

In all seriousness though, can't wait to check one of these out. I've been excited to see an MM remake since the dude in Australia announced his remake. That had to be at least 10 years ago.

#128 9 years ago

Not a fan of the gold - I like the Stainless or chrome much better.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

In all seriousness though, can't wait to check one of these out. I've been excited to see an MM remake since the dude in Australia announced his remake. That had to be at least 10 years ago.

i played MMR almost exactly 12 months ago. It's crazy awesome.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah, +3. I like MM & AFM... but I loves me some MB.

Yeah - for me MMr means MBr hopefully - that I will have to get.

#131 9 years ago

how can you install a COLORDMD in a new MM ?

a new machine and just 1 Color?!?

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

It's being worked on...not a ColorDMD, but colorization by CGC. It needs to be on par with ColorDMD though with all the filter options they have! I'm a little afraid we won't get that.

#133 9 years ago

a multicolordmd at a MM is a must have.

congratulation to your MM

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

MMR will not support use of ColorDMD.

You will have to wait for the software update from Chicago Gaming to have color support for the game play video.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's being worked on...not a ColorDMD, but colorization by CGC. It needs to be on par with ColorDMD though with all the filter options they have! I'm a little afraid we won't get that.

yeah... i think the rapid & very focused area of innovation by the ColorDMD guys have led them to be leaps & bounds beyond what anyone else can compete with at this point, in terms of visual options.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

yeah... i think the rapid & very focused area of innovation by the ColorDMD guys have led them to be leaps & bounds beyond what anyone else can compete with at this point, in terms of visual options.

Maybe, but it's just filtering laid on top. It's not THAT hard. I'd be happy with just tile and/or XLDot added.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Maybe, but it's just filtering laid on top. It's not THAT hard. I'd be happy with just tile and/or XLDot added.

yep.
not hard, (guessing here) just don't see another graphics team spending time/money to line up with everything ColorDMD has done. But... ya never know... Stern's doing mods now

#138 9 years ago

If CG was smart, they would partner with ColorDMD and integrate ColorDMD support into future titles.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If CG was smart, they would partner with ColorDMD and integrate ColorDMD support into future titles.

I think they tried but it's just such a different platform. I don't really understand the technical details - but ColorDMD takes the information coming from the DMD controller board and outputs the frames in color on the display...the way MMr works, there's no DMD controller...all the visual info is coming from the Beaglebone. I don't think there's a way to "filter it" like ColorDMD does...the color info would have to come directly from the Beaglebone. I don't think the way ColorDMD deals with the colored frames is compatible with how MMr is set up....so, Chicago Gaming is doing their own coloring solution.

#140 9 years ago

Congrats!! I'm right around the corner can I come play? I'll bring a six pack.

#141 9 years ago

Thanks for posting your unboxing. Really jealous, but it's just a temporary condition...until I get my gold trim MMR!

And hey, seriously if you are willing to sell those William's logo mods I am WAY in! =)

Have fun stormin' the castle!

#142 9 years ago
j6g05.jpgj6g05.jpg
#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

the way MMr works, there's no DMD controller...all the visual info is coming from the Beaglebone. I don't think there's a way to "filter it" like ColorDMD does...the color info would have to come directly from the Beaglebone. I don't think the way ColorDMD deals with the colored frames is compatible with how MMr is set up....so, Chicago Gaming is doing their own coloring solution.

I understand. I wasn't as clear as I could have been.

ColorDMD was a known player before CG finalized the MMR design. They could have left the heavy lifting of colorization to ColorDMD by passing it comparable input signals as the WPC DMD controller does.

instead, they invented their own method for the new platform. And it's obviously a lot more work than CG/PPS expected since the MMR colorizatiom support that was originally expected shortly after the original June 2014 release of the game still isn't ready 9 months later (and I've read speculation from those that know far more about graphics processing than I that the Beaglebone may not have sufficient graphics processing power to handle the task).

Maybe providing compatable support isn't/ wasn't feasible, but it would have been nice to see instead of coming up with an entirely new method.

#144 9 years ago

Sounds like jfh should have just run the whole project from the beginning with all of the amazing ideas he has had throughout. I mean, he has obviously put the time in with his hundreds of thinly veiled pot stirring comments on the subject...

#145 9 years ago

The Batman strikes again!

#146 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#147 9 years ago

Can we get a video?

#148 9 years ago

Here's a video I took of Joe Newhart from Pinball star he stopped by my house to play and he totally destroyed the game. He got the high score. Lots of action in the video

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204043439346000

Enjoy the video
Jeff

#149 9 years ago

Don't have Facebook, please upload to YouTube.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from ClassicArcades:

Here's a video I took of Joe Newhart from Pinball star he stopped by my house to play and he totally destroyed the game you got the high score what action you like the video
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204043439346000
Enjoy the video
Jeff

I have FB and it doesn't work. Must be set to private or something.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-le-078-is-in-da-house/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.