(Topic ID: 121863)

Medieval Madness LE #078 is in DA HOUSE!

By ClassicArcades

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
j6g05.jpg
image.jpg
2015-03-20 15.18.02.jpg
2015-03-20 15.16.52.jpg
untitled.png
untitled1.png
2015-03-19 15.34.55.jpg
2015-03-19 15.34.49.jpg
wpc95.jpg
2015-03-19 16.30.59.jpg
2015-03-19 16.29.48.jpg
2015-03-19 16.29.44.jpg

There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 4 years ago

So good to see one finally shipped to an individual.

#54 4 years ago

Congratulations, enjoy your Pinside Top 1 game!

#55 4 years ago

Congrats thanks for the pics.

#56 4 years ago

CASTLE BEING DESTROYED ON THE NEW MMR LE

http://www.droptargets.com/Movies/IMG_1471.MOV

Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

#57 4 years ago

I really like the upgraded alpha numeric display!

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from ClassicArcades:

Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

Something looks different.

#59 4 years ago

Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

Wow...they did NOT pay attention to detail when doing the repro. I'm cancelling my pre-order.

#60 4 years ago

At least we had Steve Ritchie in on the remake design team!

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

Something looks different.

Lol! New art package? : )

#62 4 years ago

Just so everyone knows, it's a BK2K video. Don't bother downloading.

#64 4 years ago

Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

what.. not allowed to post the actual vid ?

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

what.. not allowed to post the actual vid ?

Doubt it. Probably linked the wrong one.

#66 4 years ago

Sorry about the wrong vid. I phone downloaded wrong one. I manually put it up now. New MMR LE
Castle Blow up Sequence

http://www.droptargets.com/Movies/MM_LE_Castle_Blowup.wmv

Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

#67 4 years ago

Congrats I'm super jealous I bailed on my preorder.

#68 4 years ago

Exiting day! Congrats. Looks fantastic! Can't wait to pick a huo down the line!

#69 4 years ago

I'll posts some better vids but for now here is my 5 year old playing it. It plays and sounds just like the 1997 one

http://www.droptargets.com/Movies/MM_LE_Gameplay_01.wmv

Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

#70 4 years ago

Now that is a mighty fine pin you go there. NIB MMR's yes please!

#71 4 years ago

I played these at TPF last year and they were amazing. I knew they were going to be a hit. Congrats!

#72 4 years ago

congrats !
Can you explain how you cut out the logo please.

#73 4 years ago

Yes!! ^^^^ Or just post your address to send mine to you. I'm serious!!

#74 4 years ago

Congrats and enjoy your new game!!! It looks awesome.

#75 4 years ago

I'll posts some better vids but for now here is my 5 year old playing it. It plays and sounds just like the 1997 one
http://www.droptargets.com/Movies/MM_LE_Gameplay_01.wmv
Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

whoa cool!!!!!!! I might have to try and get one of these. Does it feel "sterny" I bought a spiderman and I just dont like the way the game feels compared to my wpc games. Maybe I am a weirdo cuz spiderman looks the best in my collection by far but there's something about it I can't quite put my finger on.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

whoa cool!!!!!!! I might have to try and get one of these. Does it feel "sterny" I bought a spiderman and I just dont like the way the game feels compared to my wpc games. Maybe I am a weirdo cuz spiderman looks the best in my collection by far but there's something about it I can't quite put my finger on.

You haven't come around on the "WPC or nothing!" bias? I thought everybody had by now. It's been years.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

It's not using any Stern parts. B/W parts.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You haven't come around on the "WPC or nothing!" bias? I thought everybody had by now. It's been years.

sorry to get off topic on this thread. I didn't know there was "WPC or nothing!" bias. I have only been in this hobby since 4/18/2014. spidey is my first stern and it looks fantastic it just plays different. something feels hollow. I'm glad to hear i am not the only one and even "gladder" to hear it can be overcome since there's only so many wpc games.

also I haven't played a data east or newer gottlieb etc so it wasn't a wpc or nothing comment it was a stern comment.

#79 4 years ago

It should sound BETTER than the 1997 one - original 16-bit samples, not DCS. See what the speakers look like, they may need to be replaced if they used crummy ones.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's not using any Stern parts. B/W parts.

cool thanks guys. back to the fun. lets see some more pics classicarcades!

#81 4 years ago

Dude...I'm not up to date on this topic or even newer stern systems but is that one little board all thats behind the backglass?

Thats incredible compared to the monstrosity of boards and wires in older games

#82 4 years ago

I'm not clear. I paid up in July via JJP. How are these being doled out?

I'm literally about to cancel.....

#83 4 years ago

That is the only board in the head... It looks completely empty when you open it up. One tiny board and the knocker coil in the top left.

1997 technology vs 2015 technology.. See the difference

Jeff

wpc95.jpg 2015-03-19 15.34.49.jpg 2015-03-19 15.34.55.jpg
#84 4 years ago

If I never see the phrase "paid up in july" and it's variations again that would be awesome.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I'm not clear. I paid up in July via JJP. How are these being doled out?
I'm literally about to cancel.....

Stories been told a couple different times but don't expect a speedy refund.

#86 4 years ago

I'm trying to see if there's a rhyme/reason behind the deliveries...any insight "epthegeek" beyond your comment that's helpful?

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Flake49:

Dude...I'm not up to date on this topic or even newer stern systems but is that one little board all thats behind the backglass?
Thats incredible compared to the monstrosity of boards and wires in older games

Yes, that little board is all that's in the backbox, but it controls a lot of smaller boards located under the playfield. So, a majority if the stuff has been relocated. I'd say it is probably on par total with what was in the original. WPC95 games aren't much of a mess compared to early WPC titles like TZ and IJ

#88 4 years ago

That is the only board in the head... It looks completely empty when you open it up. One tiny board and the knocker coil in the top left.

FWIW, most of the power driver board (big one in lower right) has simply been moved into the cabinet. The little beagleboard replaced the WPC95 CPU and WPC95 A/V board (and a lot of wiring!)

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I'm trying to see if there's a rhyme/reason behind the deliveries...any insight "epthegeek" beyond your comment that's helpful?

CGC is dividing them up to the various distributors as they see fit. Then those distros can fill their orders in whatever order they want.

You seriously waited all this time and are considering bailing just because you don't have one RIGHT OMG NOW? You waited this long, just sit tight.

I paid back when Jack asked for the money too (because PPS said 'production was imminent', which turned out to be wrong) -- big deal. Nobody cares.

#90 4 years ago

MM
untitled1.png

MMR
untitled.png

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

CGC is dividing them up to the various distributors as they see fit. Then those distros can fill their orders in whatever order they want.
You seriously waited all this time and are considering bailing just because you don't have one RIGHT OMG NOW? You waited this long, just sit tight.
I paid back when Jack asked for the money too (because PPS said 'production was imminent', which turned out to be wrong) -- big deal. Nobody cares.

Actually that is helpful...I appreciate it.

...and yes, I lost my job earlier this year, and while I was lucky to find a new one...I wasn't paid for a month. So the money back from this machine is weighing heavily on me for my family.

#92 4 years ago

Very Cool. You can increase the strength of the coils through software. AMAZING!!!!

2015-03-20 15.16.52.jpg
#93 4 years ago

The CPU Dip Switch settings are all software based now. This new "board" system is AMAZING.

2015-03-20 15.18.02.jpg
#94 4 years ago

Very Cool. You can increase the strength of the coils through software. AMAZING!!!!(Click image to enlarge)

Can you lower them too? Or is it only default and up? Like say if the moat kick-out is too strong and sending the ball STDM (like the guy with the sample game was reporting after getting his back). Would be nice to turn it down, rather than go with the duct tape solution he used.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

MM
untitled1.png (Click image to enlarge)
MMR
untitled.png (Click image to enlarge)

just curious whats the board revision numbers, curious if there were any changes since expo.

#96 4 years ago

1997 technology vs 2015 technology.. See the difference
Jeff

wpc95.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
2015-03-19 15.34.49.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
2015-03-19 15.34.55.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

that visual is hilarious almost like someone playing a joke "hey look what we put in there instead of the real boards. that's the guts from my old lady's calculator hehehehehe...."

#97 4 years ago

Congratulation , Looks Great. How bright are the leds ? Can you compare them with the stern ones

#98 4 years ago

The leds on this game look different than any led I have seen before. They are very bright and throw the light evenly very well.

#99 4 years ago

Can you take a picture in the dark ?

#100 4 years ago

Congrats!

Have you tried to install cliffy/mantis protections, and if yes how do they fit ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside