3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by JimFNB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

So I just sold a pin the other day and have a blank spot in my gameroom that needs filled. I had a cool 24”x36” medieval madness poster that I picked up a long time ago signed by Brian Eddy that had been in storage every since that fit the bill perfectly to put in the spot until I got a new pin. I went out and bought a frame, put in some wall anchors, and hung it up but sadly the poster had warped and wrinkled some over the years and looked like crap in the frame due to the way the lights in the room hit the waving of the poster. I couldn’t leave it like that so I came up with great idea to fix the problem! I took the poster and laid it on our dining room table put a sheet over it and fired up the clothes iron. The poster was warped worse than I thought so i ended up ironing it for 30 minutes but finally it was perfectly flat! What a great idea I had....until I went to lift the poster and realized I had literally melted the poster to our expensive dining room table. Literally all the ink and art had transferred on the table including the autograph of Brian Eddy which looked like he just signed our dining room table it looked so clear. This table is like my girlfriends pride and joy as she purchased it herself and she would be home from the gym in about an hour. Sadly the damage was way beyond fixing in an hour so she flipped her shit when she got home. I told her at least it was one of her favorite games on the table but that didn’t seem to help. Luckily, with goo gone, a carefully skilled razor blade, and four hours of work the table is back to normal. Discuss my idea!

#2 3 years ago

Shit, I woulda put a coat of clear over it and kept it that way! Woulda been an awesome table, now it’s just wood again. SAD

#3 3 years ago

You still have a girlfriend ?

LTG : )

#4 3 years ago

Sounds like you got tricked! Happy Halloween!

#5 3 years ago

Please tell us you took a pic!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-good-idea-gone-bad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.