Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by NMpinhead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#2 4 years ago

That seems a little bit too good to be true.

#3 4 years ago

If it is real, it's gone.

I'd bet it is a scam, though.

#4 4 years ago

Sent a message (and received scam letter).

#5 4 years ago

I think we'd all have the monies for an actual $3200 MM.

#6 4 years ago

Extremely rare MM as it has a WPC boardset! LOL!

I like the inside cabinet picture with the extra set of Shadow flipper and Buy-in button too. Fail.

#8 4 years ago

Hey, I have 6 at this price. Just send me your cash. I'll deliver.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Extremely rare MM as it has a WPC boardset! LOL!

Oh man, I just looked at the pictures.

That's hilarious....

#10 4 years ago

"We just have to process your credit card transaction through this Nigerian URL so Canadian taxes don't hammer us."

#11 4 years ago

too funny. those pics are actually from Chattanooga pinball look at the walls in background.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Spidey171:

too funny. those pics are actually from Chattanooga pinball look at the walls in background.

same scam can be found on pinballowners.com also.

i contacted the person on pinball owners and was told that the machine was outside of Detroit and if i had the cash they could meet me the same day.

here is an email exchange between "Ann" and I

from Ann on January 31, 2015

Can we work this out on a COD payment ?

On Friday, January 30, 2015 9:14 PM, King Pin Games <sales@kingpingames.net> wrote:

Ann,

I really do want to look at this machine, but i am concerned by what i see in the pictures and in your description.

here is what i have found online on a different website

Our high end restoration of this MEDIEVAL MADNESS pinball machine is truly a pinball collectors dream. We have restored this to like new condition. This is a very high end pinball with tons of new parts. Listed below is all the new we have put into this amazing pinball machine. The play field is in prefect condition with no ball tails or wear super nice. This is one of the most wanted pinballs on the planet.

NEW COIN TAKER LED'S INSTALLED
NEW LEGS AND HARDWARE
NEW RAILS AND TOP GLASS
NEW CABINET ART
NEW RAMPS
ALL TOP SCREWS REPLACED
NEW MPU
NEW DISPLAY
FLIPPER REBUILD KITS INSTALLED
NEW TRANSLITE TRIM

All refurbished pinball machines are fully restored before they leave our shop. We completely tear apart the play field. All ramps, and plastics are hand cleaned. We add all new rubbers, bulbs, and new leg bolts and leg levelers. We also add rebuilt flipper kits, and new parts on the electronic boards. We put the machine through our body shop to make sure the games looks great. Everything is then Q.C.'d and play tested to make sure everything is in 100 % working order. The game comes with a 90 day warranty. The warranty covers the boards, display and mechanical parts. We also give free phone support for life.

and here is what you state about your machine

My high end restoration of this MEDIEVAL MADNESS pinball machine is truly a pinball collectors dream. I have restored this to like new condition. This is a very high end pinball with tons of new parts. Listed below is all the new i have put into this amazing pinball machine. The play field is in prefect condition with no ball tails or wear super nice. This is one of the most wanted pinballs on the planet. NEW COIN TAKER LED'S INSTALLED NEW LEGS AND HARDWARE NEW RAILS AND TOP GLASS NEW CABINET ART NEW RAMPS ALL TOP SCREWS REPLACED NEW MPU NEW DISPLAY FLIPPER REBUILD KITS INSTALLED NEW TRANSLITE TRIM My refurbished pinball machine is fully restored before they leave my shop. I completely tear apart the play field. All ramps, and plastics are hand cleaned. I add all new rubbers, bulbs, and new leg bolts and leg levelers. I also add rebuilt flipper kits, and new parts on the electronic boards. I put the machine through our body shop to make sure the games looks great. Everything is then Q.C.'d and play tested to make sure everything is in 100 % working order. The game comes with a 90 day warranty. The warranty covers the boards, display and mechanical parts. I also give free phone support for life.

do you see my concern? the two statements are almost word for word. the only difference are that your statement says “I/My” instead of “Our/We”

i can come over this weekend with cash in hand if you can provide me with pictures that are dated for today of the machine you have on hand.

also, the pictures that you sent me are wrong. The boards in the backbox, the playfield, and under the playfield are not for Medieval Madness.

let me know if this is a real game or not by providing pictures of YOUR machine with a timestamp for today’s date.

Christopher

On Jan 30, 2015, at 1:34 PM, Ann Wilson <ann.wilson001@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thank you for your reply

We are located in Bay City Michigan . Anytime is fine. Where are you located yourself ?

Let me know .

Ann

On Friday, January 30, 2015 8:24 PM, King Pin Games <sales@kingpingames.net> wrote:

Ann,

where are you located? when could i come by to take a look at the machine?

thank you

christopher

On Jan 30, 2015, at 1:09 PM, Ann Wilson <ann.wilson001@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi there Christopher !

Thank you for your email and the interest you have on our Medieval Madness pinball machine

This is the only pin with the dot matrix display on the playfield.

Obtained from a local collector, the playfield and cabinet are in excellent condition.

This game is believed to be home use only since new. It has the full manual set included.

A Pinball Pro speaker has been installed.

It plays great. All functions have been checked by a trained technician for proper operation.

Our final asking price for our MM is $5100

We warranty the electronic PCBs for 30 days. Simply return for free replacement or repair.

Because of the volume of business that we do, we have a contract shipping rate with Pilot Air that is unbeatable.

We will pallet, wrap and deliver the pin to Pilot Air for $30. Pilot Air will deliver to a major airport near you (in the lower 48 US States) for just $350.

They can also deliver to your door for an additional fee ($500)

I have also attached couple of pictures to this email for a good view.

Check attached pictures and email us back if it fits the bill of your need .

Do also let us know where you are located and also provide a valid cell phone number through which you can be contacted .

We look forward to your prompt reply

Kind Regards

Ann

i would suggest staying away.

#13 4 years ago

wow...
i wonder if it's in "cold storage" and can't be tested before you buy?

#14 4 years ago

Just got the identical email response. Had to check for the fun of it.

#15 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure that MMr omitted the dot matrix display on the playfield.This could get ugly.

#16 4 years ago

"Kind regards" = legit

#17 4 years ago

I got a slightly different reply. 'Slightly' different, which I will post below. Buyer beware. But I couldn't help but laugh out loud when the ad location is allegedly from Campbell River, British Columbia, on the West Coast, but the email reply is from Dover, Delaware on the East Coast! Here it is:

Hello there!

Thank you for your inquiry and the interest you have on our Medieval Madness pinball machine

Purchased in 2007 , This is the only pin with the dot matrix display on the playfield.

Obtained from it and only owner, the playfield and cabinet are in excellent condition.

This game has been home use only since new. It has the full manual set included.

A Pinball Pro speaker has been installed.

It plays great. All functions have been checked by a trained technician for proper operation.

Our final asking price for our MM is $4100

We warranty the electronic PCBs for 30 days. Simply return for free replacement or repair.

Because of the volume of business that we do, we have a contract shipping rate with Pilot Air that is unbeatable.

We will pallet, wrap and deliver the pin to Pilot Air for $30. Pilot Air will deliver to a major airport near you (in the lower 48 US States and Canada) for just $500.

They can also deliver to your door for an additional fee ($100)

We will attach closer pictures in our next email for a good view.

Do well to let us know where you are located and also provide a valid cell phone number through which you can be contacted .

We look forward to your prompt reply

Kind Regards

David Hillson

King wood, Pinball Shop and sports equipments

327 Mockingbird Ave, Dover, DE 19904

#18 4 years ago

my reply was from David Hillson also. Same reply.

let's see how many MM he can sell!

the last time i e-mailed a scammer, we ended up e-mailing back and forth (70 e-mails) over a 9 day period, and i actually got him to go the moneygram store for nothing... what i do for a little fun...

#19 4 years ago

awesome

#20 4 years ago

Apparently my name is Greg. And this game is a gem!

#21 4 years ago

I sent him an email, telling him he was a scammer and a piece of shit.

#22 4 years ago

I also was in contact with this guy. I knew something was amiss when he was selling his machine in Campbell River, BC, he resided in Halifax, NS, and his associate was in Dover, DE. Here is his explanation why:

"I am from the french part of Canada and located Halifax which is an area with less pinball lovers so the only place i knew i could get a quick sale for my Machine was by posting it on the Victoria part of used everywhere.

Every other person that contacted me about this machine after you , i directed them to a new location in Delaware USA where my broking partner is planning on setting up a new business place but had to direct their interest on a different machine ."

I did realize that Halifax was french speaking. I think that they speak mostly English there. If you wanted to sell your pinball as fast as possible wouldn't you have listed it in Toronto or Montreal not on Vancouver Island.

I checked the two addresses they gave me. The Halifax address was for a real estate company. The Dover address was for a house for sale. On the county property page, homeowner did not match with David Hillson.

When I did not respond quickly, they started emailing me telling me how I could send money to them. Surprise, surprise. One option was bank to bank transfer.

They lifted some of their text from a pinball operation in Mesquite, TX.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside