(Topic ID: 15734)

Medieval Madness for $2,800 ....has to be a scam, right?

By SunKing

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by smokey_789
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MM_Scam.jpg
IMG_1774.JPG
granny-with-gun.jpg
MM.jpg
images.jpeg
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

This morning, an add poped up on Houston CL for a Medieval Madness for $2,800. I knew it had to be a scam, but figured I'd send an email anyway. The add is gone now, but I did get a reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my Medieval Madness Pinball Machine.

This is a gorgeous domestic game that has been restored.
The playfield of this MM is in superior condition and it has been detailed to a very high degree. The ramps, plastics, and decals are in beautiful, like-new condition. The cabinet is in excellent condition and the decals have no fade and are original with some minor touchups. The original coin door has been replaced with a brand new unit.

I'm an US Air Force Sgt. currently stationed in Anchorage, Alaska. The Pinball is here with me. The price is $2,850.00 including shipping from Alaska and delivery to your home address.

So if you decide to buy this pinball or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you!
Sgt. Diane Harris

For more pictures please visit:
http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii592/abana889/Medieval%20Madness%20Pinball%20Machine/

Either I stumbled across the deal of the decade, or this is a scam. Either way, I'm not about to send my $$ off to Alaska, and then hope I get a MM delivered. ....thoughts?

#3 11 years ago

That's just odd. That ad was placed here in Dallas last week as well. I believe it's a scam.

#4 11 years ago

this same type of post showed up on the Indianapolis CL today and was flagged pretty quickly

#5 11 years ago

Same ad was posted he this morning as well, ad was gone quickly, probably flagged. I sent an email and did not get a response. I figured it was a scam or harvesting emails but worth sending one regardless.

#6 11 years ago

it was placed here in CA today also

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

I figured it was a scam or harvesting emails but worth sending one regardless

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I figured it was worth an email on the outside chance someone didn't know what they really had. But once I saw that it was located in Alaska (if it really exists at all)....that pretty much said 'SCAM'.

#8 11 years ago

posted all over the us- super lazy scam

#9 11 years ago

Found this thread on GamesForum. Looks like this scam has seen the rounds. ...jeez - why did I even bother sendin an email?

http://www.gamesforum.ca/showthread.php?t=790911&page=2

#10 11 years ago

It is a scam. I sent an email almost immediately after it was initially posted and got a response like this:

--------
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my Medieval Madness Pinball Machine.

This is a gorgeous domestic game that has been restored.

The playfield of this MM is in superior condition and it has been detailed to a very high degree. The ramps, plastics, and decals are in beautiful, like-new condition. The cabinet is in excellent condition and the decals have no fade and are original with some minor touchups. The original coin door has been replaced with a brand new unit.

I'm an US Air Force Sgt. currently stationed in Anchorage, Alaska. The Pinball is here with me. The price is $2,850.00 including shipping from Alaska and delivery to your home address.

So if you decide to buy this pinball or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you!
Sgt. Diane Harris

For more pictures please visit:

http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii592/abana889/Medieval%20Madness%20Pinball%20Machine/
--------

For $2850, including shipping from Alaska to an unknown location (I never specified where I was from), sounds like someone is phishing.

#11 11 years ago

The description implied the seller knew a lot about pinball so that was a dead giveaway.

#12 11 years ago

I've been checking CL everyday in the Raleigh area for my first pin, and I saw this as well. The post was flagged.

#13 11 years ago

Poor Diane Harris

#14 11 years ago

That exact ad has popped up before.

#15 11 years ago

It was up on Detroit CL and I got the same reply in my email as the OP.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Found this thread on GamesForum. Looks like this scam has seen the rounds. ...jeez - why did I even bother sendin an email?

http://www.gamesforum.ca/showthread.php?t=790911&page=2

You wanted to see if it was a phishing scam ?

LTG

#17 11 years ago

buy with confidence from Diane..

#18 11 years ago

Dianne apparently has a lot of free time on her hands!

#19 11 years ago

I met Dianne when I picked up a sweet BBB from her last week for $3200.00. *Very* nice lady!

#20 11 years ago

It is a scam and one that truly burns my bottom... the fact that whom ever is doing this clams to be a "US Air Force Sgt" Grrrrrr..... My son in the the US Air Force and he has turned this SCAM in to his Sgt and lets hope that the US Air Force and all the men and woman who serve, show up to get what is due to them for shaming the name of the US Air Force!

#21 11 years ago

I just sent Diane $2800 through paypal. You guys are getting me nervous.

#22 11 years ago

Looks like "[email protected]" has a MM for sale for $2850 here in Hawaii as well. It's a very nice machine but I had to pass on it since I have no room for a second MM in my house.

#23 11 years ago

On the Boston CL as well.

#24 11 years ago

You guys missed out! I was the first to respond. MM just arrived at my door. It was actually NIB. Anyone want it for $6k? Just paypal it to me and I'll send the pallet your way.

#25 11 years ago

Not only did I pick up that MM from Dianne, but she knocked off another $200 for my gas. AND she gave me a gummy. Much better than the gummy hamburgers Mike @ MAD Amusements sends his customers

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from wbradley:

AND she gave me a gummy. Much better than the gummy hamburgers Mike @ MAD Amusements sends his customers

I thought you meant she had no teeth

#27 11 years ago

Debbie does all the 50 states!

images.jpegimages.jpeg
"You want a MM? Ohh, I'll give you a MM!"

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

You guys missed out! I was the first to respond. MM just arrived at my door. It was actually NIB. Anyone want it for $6k? Just paypal it to me and I'll send the pallet your way.

HAHAHA Love it.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Anyone want it for $6k? Just paypal it to me and I'll send the pallet your way.

Isn't $6K a little high for a pallet ? What the heck do you want for the machine ?

LTG

#30 11 years ago

Pin is in Jonesboro, AR. Just sayin...

#31 11 years ago

<<<You guys missed out! I was the first to respond. MM just arrived at my door. It was actually NIB. Anyone want it for $6k? Just paypal it to me and I'll send the pallet your way.>>>

I was second to respond! woOT!!! We both got one! What are the odds that the same seller would have, not one, but two MM's???

WOW!

#32 11 years ago

It's fabulous.....

#33 11 years ago

She HAS teeth. She just took them out for me

#34 11 years ago

I just got back from a romantic dinner with Debbie at Perkins. She has plans to make new runs of Cactus Canyon, MM, BBB, and Lazer Lord. She asked that all orders be placed through me.

Everyone please make an orderly line and have your checkbooks ready once you get to the front.

#35 11 years ago

Scam, I've seen the same type of add for cars on CL. A military person a some far off base.
The cars ads don't work when they say the car is in Seattle and there are palm trees in the background.

#36 11 years ago

I once dated a Diane Harris ....but she had a tooth! Not her

#37 11 years ago

she was in Phoenix this morning,prolly made it to Ca by now

#38 11 years ago

Anyone driving to Alaska to see this beauty?

#39 11 years ago

Nimble I thought she just did dallas a Hole bunch of times.......

#40 11 years ago

Wow. I just wish it was posted on our Craigslist. I could have had a SWEET MM! lol

#41 11 years ago

Just found the ad in NOLA for $2850.

It'll be interesting to see the reply. I didn't include where the CL ad was from in the reply, but did ask what area she's located.

#42 11 years ago

I'm confused, is it Debbie or Diane?

#43 11 years ago

posted to LA CL too:

Medieval Madness Pinball Machine - $2850
Date: 2012-05-01, 12:39PM CDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

This collectable game is among the most desired pinball machines. This is a gorgeous domestic game that has been restored and I have owned for about six months. I am selling for what is probably the most common reason of all -- I need money!The playfield of this MM is in superior condition and it has been detailed to a very high degree. The ramps, plastics, and decals are in beautiful, like-new condition. The cabinet is in excellent condition and the decals have no fade and are original with some minor touchups. The original coin door has been replaced with a brand new unit.

If interested, email me at: [email protected]

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Chudmeat:

I'm confused, is it Debbie or Diane?

She'll let you call her whatever you want if you're going to pay her for her MM!

#45 11 years ago

MEDIEVAL MADNESS FOR $2,800 ....HAS TO BE A SCAM, RIGHT?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, not at all. I was able to secure one, 'like new', MM for every state of the union, hence my Craigslist ad in every state. It was quite a warehouse find and now I'm passing along my good luck along to all of you!

Sincerely,

Lt. Dianne Harris (I recently recv'd a promotion due to my ingenuity & compassion for selling all of my machines for a 1/5th of the going prices! My Capt. was so proud....)

PS - I've made another find of an obscure title called 'Cactus Canyon'. Unfortunately, I only found 903 of them, so you may want to respond quickly to my upcoming Craigslist ad. Good luck! - DH

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Medieval Madness FOR $2,800 ....HAS TO BE A SCAM, RIGHT?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, not at all. I was able to secure one, 'like new', MM for every state of the union, hence my Craigslist ad in every state. It was quite a warehouse find and now I'm passing along my good luck along to all of you!
Sincerely,
Lt. Dianne Harris (I recently recv'd a promotion due to my ingenuity & compassion for selling all of my machines for a 1/5th of the going prices! My Capt. was so proud....)
PS - I've made another find of an obscure title called 'Cactus Canyon'. Unfortunately, I only found 903 of them, so you may want to respond quickly to my upcoming Craigslist ad. Good luck! - DH

Haha, excellent

#47 11 years ago

hahaha...looks like I'm gonna get it suckas!!! She wants to use Yahoo as the payment escrow service. I thought it died back in 2005. Alaska must be like Ole Miss....nothing happens here until 20 years after its happens everywhere else. Its nice that my tax dollars are finally getting some good use in shipping pins around on AF planes

I'm still waiting for her to send the additional pics of the boards and under pf I requested. I also asked what base she's at as I have a friend working with the AF up there as a contractor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will have the pinball shipped from Alaska by an US Air Force cargo plane so there won't be any additional shipping costs. Also I will arrange for a truck to transport the pinball to your home address. The shipping will take 3-4 days, depending on your location.Shipping will be door to door,to your home address,somebody must be home when the pinball arrives to sign for the reception.

The payment will be done through Yahoo.You will have to make the payment to Yahoo and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the pinball, you will receive it and you will have 5 days for inspection and the option to accept or reject the pinball.The inspection time period will begin as soon as you sign for receiving the pinball at your requested address.During all this time Yahoo will hold the amount into a trust account.So, this is not a blind transaction,you can see the pinball before decided to buy it.If you are satisfied with the pinball and decide to keep it you inform Yahoo about this and they will release the money to me. If the pinball is not as advertised and decide not to keep it Yahoo will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back the pinball will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for the both of us.Please take in to consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the pinball and make sure everything is as agreed.

If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your full name and the address where you want the pinball to be delivered to and I will initiate the transaction with Yahoo. You will receive all the transaction details from them.

#48 11 years ago

Yeah, we're basically Arizona with snow. Wonderful scenery, though.

Anchorage just got an Olive Garden. This was SERIOUS BUSINESS. People consider this a fine dining revolution. It has an hour wait for a table on weekends.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Twitch_Boy:

Yeah, we're basically Arizona with snow. Wonderful scenery, though.
Anchorage just got an Olive Garden. This was SERIOUS BUSINESS. People consider this a fine dining revolution. It has an hour wait for a table on weekends.

Of course it does...they serve alcohol. I know I'd be drinking heavily if I lived there!

#50 11 years ago

We need a sticky on this saying...

For online sales it ALWAYS is TOO GOO TO BE TRUE!

If someone can post a CL ad they sure can do a search and will see the pinball value even if they are pinball clueless.

We all want that deal of the century but lets get back to reality.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.99
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-for-2800-has-to-be-a-scam-right and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.