Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have Medieval Madness (Remake - LE) and everything SEEMS to progress normally until the drawbridge lowers. No matter how many times I hit the gate, it doesn't seem to register a hit or open. If I have all 3 balls locked, the ball either just drops into the moat (when shooting the side) or bounces off the gate. Is there a switch that needs to be fixed, moved, replaced or something else to trigger the gate to open? Thanks!

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from insertcoin:

I have Medieval Madness (Remake - LE) and everything SEEMS to progress normally until the drawbridge lowers. No matter how many times I hit the gate, it doesn't seem to register a hit or open. If I have all 3 balls locked, the ball either just drops into the moat (when shooting the side) or bounces off the gate. Is there a switch that needs to be fixed, moved, replaced or something else to trigger the gate to open? Thanks!

There is an opto switch at the gate.
I don't understand what you mean by "If I have all 3 balls locked, the ball either just drops into the moat (when shooting the side) or bounces off the gate." The locks don't have anything to do with the gate. There is a micro switch behind the lock shot wall that is likely your your problem if locks are not working.

#3 4 years ago

This makes perfect sense, thanks. Now I know what to check in test mode, then I'll give a closer look at the alignment. Thanks for the quick response!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from insertcoin:

This makes perfect sense, thanks. Now I know what to check in test mode, then I'll give a closer look at the alignment. Thanks for the quick response!

Test the switch behind the wall by rolling a ball not with your finger. There is a good chance the switch just needs an adjustment to be more sensitive.

#5 4 years ago

Easy things to check. Tests - Switch Edge - pass your finger or ball between the opto in front of the moat, the opto in front of the gate. And the micro mini switch fastened to the green plastic moat under the castle under the playfield. ( that switch can come loose or off, besides adjusting it and checking wires and reseat it's connector to board nearby.)

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 45.00
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-can-t-destroy-castle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.