• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hairy-4.gif
DSC00021.JPG
DSC00008.JPG
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

MM is far superior to AC/DC and TRON. And I love TRON. In fact, MM is the best machine ever built. Period.

You own the greatest pin ever built in my opinion.....but it isnt MM.....

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

That's because they are awesome and held in collections. Supply vs demand I own those 3 and will never sell them.
Paid $4800 MM, $2800 AFM, $2700 TOTAN. Been in my collection a long time. The AFM is my second but still same price as my first. At this point even at the prices they get for them now I would never sell because I could never replace them. Crazy times.

I wouldn't go that far about Arabian Nights....it's a pretty good pin but the only reason I liked it is because I played it extensively at GRand Prix Golf-o-Rama when it was new...so it has more of a nostalgia feel to me...

I overpaid for Arabian Nights when I could finally afford one 4 years ago but boy did it mature above and beyond that amount this year....

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You own the greatest pin ever built in my opinion.....but it isnt MM.....

I like sm better too.

consider that a bump

#104 11 years ago

It just comes down to more ppl competing for fewer games available for sale. Around here there were guys who would get games off of route and resell them all the time. There was a steady stream of new games available to collectors. Now there just aren't games coming off of route anymore. Most games are in someone's collection by now and most collectors aren't selling.

I also don't understand the logic behind claiming games that aren't even released, or are just rumors, will be better than MM or AFM. They may not even have Gilligan's Island or Popeye beat. Making those claims is just ridiculous.

Also, MM was always a premium priced game. Back when you get get most games for <$2500, MM was at least $5k. You don't have to own a MM to be a pinball collector.

2 months later
#105 11 years ago

I might be interested in selling mine for 9k but it will need a little work...plays great, but it could be cleaned up a bit...will still bring you under 12k easy. Anyway what I really want is a Twilight Zone...anyone have one of those?

#106 11 years ago

In the description: new flippers...
Do new flippers cost $500 for this game?

1 week later
#107 11 years ago

Is this machine still for sale? I've played it a bunch of times before it was shopped out (on location in Lakeville, MN), and it played well then. I actually called the op to inquire about buying it about 9 months back, but the guy literally laughed at me and said it wasn't for sale.

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpin:

Is this machine still for sale? I've played it a bunch of times before it was shopped out (on location in Lakeville, MN), and it played well then. I actually called the op to inquire about buying it about 9 months back, but the guy literally laughed at me and said it wasn't for sale.

Still 4 sale. He's not firm on price but not giving it away either.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Still 4 sale. He's not firm on price but not giving it away either.

Understandable... It did play well the number of times I played it (my brother is a manager at the Lakeville theater). We never talked price when I called on it... The guy just said it wasn't for sale at that time.

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

To which I totally disagree with, but to each their own.
I would rather have two LEs or 6 $2k machines, but I guess again, to each their own.

Exactly... I played MM some this weekend. I'd rather have Tron or TSPP. I'll keep a B/W or 2 in my collection but Sterns from here on out for me.

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

Exactly... I played MM some this weekend. I'd rather have Tron or TSPP. I'll keep a B/W or 2 in my collection but Sterns from here on out for me.

Just curious as I have seen this sentiment a bit recently. Are you exclusive to just Sterns? Dont understand the logic if so as it seems that a great pin is a great pin regardless of manufacturer. If Jpop makes a great one,you will miss out? Woz? Predator? I am new to the hobby so maybe my heart has not hardened and lines been drawn.

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from sylvan_glade:

Just curious as I have seen this sentiment a bit recently. Ar

Its more about new vs old boxes. Sterns just making good ones. That answer will broaden when another table by someone else materializes...

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from sylvan_glade:

Just curious as I have seen this sentiment a bit recently. Are you exclusive to just Sterns? Dont understand the logic if so as it seems that a great pin is a great pin regardless of manufacturer. If Jpop makes a great one,you will miss out? Woz? Predator? I am new to the hobby so maybe my heart has not hardened and lines been drawn.

I think I know what he's saying, I don't think it's a brand issue as much as a 'newer are better' issue (just an opinion, put down the pitchforks ) Older games can sometimes feel a little cludgy or slow or dated etc compared directly to a newer table. Nothing to do with fun factor, but I would rather spend an hour on CSI than an hour on TZ... simply because of the flipper feel and how the ball moves around... if that makes sense.

#114 11 years ago

I've played MM - I'll take my TSPP ANYDAY over it.

How many corny comments about non-existent dragons can one take? How many castles can you "destroy" with you having to destroy the same one again? Just sayin.....Woo - the castle towers shake.

I can't imagine spending more than $4,000 for this machine iN MINT CONDITION>

#115 11 years ago

now come on pflueeb you would totally pay twice that for a mint MM... cause you could sell it for three times that in a heartbeat and then buy lots of TSPP's

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

now come on pflueeb you would totally pay twice that for a mint MM... cause you could sell it for three times that in a heartbeat and then buy lots of TSPP's

Tweoot! Yayy!!!

#117 11 years ago

It's got about another year and then the reality of what's been hitting will prevail. Bubbles may never burst but new vs old will be a fact.
Crap, thread jack. Buy it now or collectors will. Ever let it go! Go with sale.

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

It's got about another year and then the reality of what's been hitting will prevail. Bubbles may never burst but new vs old will be a fact.
Crap, thread jack. Buy it now or collectors will. Ever let it go! Go with sale.

Agreed on this point. The era of B/w's does seem to finally be drawing to close 13 years after the companies left the industry. Already, a stock Monster Bash looks a little dated sitting next to a stock Tron LE. You can only bling a game out so much to keep it looking current. Color changing GE LEDs are a major improvement to mode games...arguably larger than call outs as visuals historically are more impactful than sounds on players.

Three more stern titles, one jjp title and (hopefully) predator and/or a jpop title will be out in one years time...at least one and probably two of these games will have LCD screens and Internet connected play. I'm not saying sell your MMs and AFMs now and the bubble will burst...but do think if the rankings started from scratch today they would look very different without the relic votes from four years ago by people that haven't logged on recently.

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpin:

Understandable... It did play well the number of times I played it (my brother is a manager at the Lakeville theater). We never talked price when I called on it... The guy just said it wasn't for sale at that time.

Thats my familys theatre is your brother Tim by the way?

#120 11 years ago

How do you know? Ebay is FULL of shill bidding and buybacks.

Quoted from mnpinball:

A HUO one sold on ebay for $15k. What do you think it's worth ?

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

and Internet connected play

Whats this all about

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

Thats my familys theatre is your brother Tim by the way?

Yep... Tim is my older brother. I'm guessing by your user name on here that you're his boss?

I was just out at the Lakeville Theater this past weekend playing some pinball... Love that you guys have machines out there!

Jonathan

3 months later
#123 11 years ago

This game is now SOLD !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-4-sale-in-minnesota/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.