• 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by cal50
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

150_tits.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cal50.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If there is one thing I've learned, it is often difficult to accurately judge a person's wealth based on the car they drive. I know plenty of people that lease fancy cars even though they can't afford it. It's the American way.

Very true but more old school than the younger generation. A former company I worked for the CEO was definitely old school. The man was a legit multimillionaire and drove a Delta 88 and parked in the "regular" employees lot. If he walked through the factory he knew everyone by name and actually said an honest "hello" as he passed by.

Today that company is public traded and managed and run by zero of the original family. Segregated parking for "management" and loaded with turbo Porsche,Sabb, Volvo, etc.

All the "new" management could give a rat's ass about anybody as well.
Just a number.

#133 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Not to get political, but I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly. Seems like lots of companies these days squeeze every nickel out of their employees, and worship at the altar of the shareholder. If I ran a company, I would be ashamed if I couldn't pay my employees a strong wage.

Its not political, its the "me" generation and wanting everything for yourself now, screw everybody.

I worked 20 years at that company before leaving it and it was a sad transformation. The original people that founded the company designed, manufactured and patented engineered systems for manufacturing. As the original founders got up in age and none of their kids wanted anything to do with the business outside people were brought in. That was the beginning of the end. These new people that are very smart and talented never had any attachment for the companies or long term employees work. Basically a large % of manufacturing went to China and other places. All of the products that were made in house years back were still being sold with zero being made in house.
R&D went next followed by systematically purging a lot of long term employees. Manufacturing has been beaten to death in the USA and the people that know anything about it are getting older and retiring. Pretty sad to see it happen.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cal50.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-1997-williams-22000-obo-no-trades-eye-roll?tu=cal50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.