• 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by cal50
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

150_tits.gif
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

I wonder if his anus puckered as he hit the enter button for THAT Mr Pinball ad?

I realize we have plenty, seriously PLENTY, of threads arguing this way and that pertaining to pricing. This is just loony, though.

Post edited by The_Gorilla : whatever, just because someone bought it doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous

#2 11 years ago

This is nearly 16 of Pinwizkid's $1400 JD s!

#3 11 years ago

Your gorilla avatar is disturbing.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Your gorilla Avatar is disturbing

The original Gorilla died. I am a new and diminished Gorilla

#5 11 years ago

Man, you can't even post an ad outside of Pinside. The price police patrol everywhere!

#6 11 years ago

Now THAT is a disturbing avatar, Dave. teekee is getting teabagged by some cruel animal!

#7 11 years ago

Considering the cost of MM + HEP cost and I wonder if he's gonna break even.

#8 11 years ago

You guys crack me up!!!!!! Tea bag just hits the funny bone.

Anyway, Yes it is a ton of money. If you add up everything including HEP fees you will see that this is about what it is. Trust me I know because I had to get out of it. This is the going rate for a fully restored, high-end finished, modded out MM. Black Nickel trim is nearly a $1,000 it self if you can find anyone to do it now.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

You guys crack me up!!!!!! Tea bag just hits the funny bone.
Anyway, Yes it is a ton of money. If you add up everything including HEP fees you will see that this is about what it is. Trust me I know because I had to get out of it. This is the going rate for a fully restored, high-end finished, modded out MM. Black Nickel trim is nearly a $1,000 it self if you can find anyone to do it now.

I won't comment on the price, but at some point what is the point of all this extra stuff and work? It's just a pinball machine. Play it and enjoy it.

Chris

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

This is nearly 16 of Pinwizkid's $1400 JD s!

Haha

Wow, this is flat out insane. I have worked real hard for the last 3 years to save up roughly this amount of money for a down payment on A HOUSE. Hopefully I'll be rich one day so I can afford a beat up EM or two.

-BB

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Now THAT is a disturbing Avatar, Dave. teekee is getting teabagged by some cruel animal!

we're just getting to know each other...

#13 11 years ago

That machine is S-I-C-K though... I would have that thing insured to the maximum and I sure as hell wouldn't touch it without gloves on. Hats off to (Chris, I believe) at HEP for making that thing the finest piece of Pinball specimen I have ever seen. I'd straight trade my girlfriend and RFM for it, but in all honesty, you know someone will buy it... there is plenty of money out there.

#14 11 years ago

You could say the same thing about cars and such. Some people just like to drive a car to work...some people love the attention of a modded out street rod.

Personally I like playing my games way more than looking at them...either way works

Quoted from ChrisS:

I won't comment on the price, but at some point what is the point of all this extra stuff and work? It's just a pinball machine. Play it and enjoy it.
Chris

#15 11 years ago

Its not a pin for the average Joe. That is a wealthy mans pin. I'd say if I had I few mil of discretionary funds sitting in the bank, F-it, I'd pick this game up. Why not?

#16 11 years ago

I can ignore this because this is the #1 ranked machine in 99th+ percentile shape. It is an oddity. People pay crazy prices for the "best" in every hobby. There are hundreds of other titles to buy/collect that will give you just as much, if not more enjoyment. At least that's what i hear.

#17 11 years ago

sure, if you have plenty of money and dont care, then buy it. its only worth what you will pay-even at that insane price

#18 11 years ago

if you're into cars or motorcyles or most things for that matter, you know that you usually never get the money out of them that you put into them. People are usually only going to pay so much for something no matter how many extras you put into them. Are pinballs the exception? maybe.

#19 11 years ago

I'm wondering if in 5 years we'll be saying...'remember when we bitched about that 22k HEP MM...that was a steal.'

#20 11 years ago

My first house was $43,500!

It is a pretty bad-ass looking MM however. I have no problem with the price. He can ask whatever he wants.

At 22k, some of the obscure parts are going to start getting produced for MM IMHO.

#21 11 years ago

more power to anyone that asks/buys a $22,000 pin. coincidentally $22,000 is what I have invested in my LOTR, TAF, acdc, TRS, avatar and tron; I'd rather have those six pins than any one pin... just my opinion.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from raddroxx:

Considering the cost of MM + HEP cost and I wonder if he's gonna break even.

It all depends on the price of the base game (which could be quite low if you've been in the hobby awhile). At 22k, I'd bet there is 5-7k of profit. I bought a gorgeous MB less than 2 years ago and it's doubled in price. The demand for MM/MB/AFM is just stupid. Of the trilogy, MM is my least favorite...owned a beauty for 3 months and was totally unimpressed.

#23 11 years ago

I bet money we end up saying "wow remember when that 11k MM was selling for 22k ? " We would all survive this. Chris and Chad and Jim and Bryan will still take our money to restore them, it will just cost less up front.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I can ignore this because this is the #1 ranked machine in 99th+ percentile shape. It is an oddity. People pay crazy prices for the "best" in every hobby.

Exactly. It's a HEP MM. Most people would consider this the absolute pinnacle of the pinball collecting world. You've got the number one ranked game restored by the most respected restorer in the hobby. Obviously, it's not going to come cheap.

#25 11 years ago

Some guys get it, some don't. The best now. Wait in a couple years, you may see 25k or more for same pin. Core game goes up, mods go up, HEP charges more, transportation is more....

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I bet money we end up saying "wow remember when that 11k MM was selling for 22k ? " We would all survive this. Chris and Chad and Jim and Bryan will still take our money to restore them, it will just cost less up front.

Maybe but Chris is booked for this year.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Some guys get it, some don't. The best now. Wait in a couple years, you may see 25k or more for same pin. Core game goes up, mods go up, HEP charges more, transportation is more....

this is the same kind of thing people were saying in the midst of the housing bubble. are we in a pin bubble?

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from arizonabuck:

this is the same kind of thing people were saying in the midst of the housing bubble. are we in a pin bubble?

Its simple supply and demand.

I think a good look at the classic car market over a period of time would give a fair comparison. Prices do go up and do come down on various generations of cars based upon demand from certain age groups.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Haha
Wow, this is flat out insane. I have worked real hard for the last 3 years to save up roughly this amount of money for a down payment on A HOUSE. Hopefully I'll be rich one day so I can afford a beat up EM or two.
-BB

$22k is probably not even 1% of the value of most houses in Long Island.

But yeah, if it costs $22k to do a HEP restore, then I would fathom to say it's not worth it. That's what, three brand new LE sterns, at 100% retail price, shipped? (Or a WOZ + Sterns?)

#30 11 years ago

I thought it was listed for $17k after a price drop or is that a different machine?

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

But yeah, if it costs $22k to do a HEP restore, then I would fathom to say it's not worth it. That's what, three brand new LE sterns, at 100% retail price, shipped? (Or a WOZ + Sterns?)

Whether or not it's worth it is a different discussion altogether. The general consensus seems to be that the price for this particular MM is not out of line given the current market.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I am so totally out of the loop on this one. Thanks for letting me know, CG.

However, the question is still there...did we have a little anal pucker when we hit the enter button on a 22K machine sale???

#33 11 years ago

$22k is about what I have into my whole collection.

It's a nice machine, but it's meant for a very small subset of this hobby.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It's a nice machine, but it's meant for a very small subset of this hobby.

A very very small subset indeed.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from arizonabuck:

The difference being they kept building more houses. There is a relatively know fixed quantity of MM's.

#36 11 years ago

Around 1980, you could purchase a Shelby AC Cobra for around $10,000. It's only a matter of time before Barrett-Jackson starts wheeling these HEP MMs out between Shelbys and Hemi Mopars.

#37 11 years ago

Bah. Doesn't even have a plunger. Not a real pin.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

$22k is probably not even 1% of the value of most houses in Long Island.

It's actually over 10% (and over 20% for condos) as long as it's not an oceanfront home or in a fairly ritzy area. The pin market is the exact opposite of the house market right now. Mortgage rates are the lowest they have ever been around here, and home values are plummeting because everyone is selling and no one is buying. Except me

-BB

#39 11 years ago

Boy, I'm so glad this guy decided to post his pin somewhere other than Pinside otherwise we'd all be complaining about his price!

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Boy, I'm so glad this guy decided to post his pin somewhere other than Pinside otherwise we'd all be complaining about his price!

I personally hope he gets it! (I have my reasons)

#41 11 years ago

Great closer, wish I was price.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

more power to anyone that asks/buys a $22,000 pin. coincidentally $22,000 is what I have invested in my LOTR, TAF, acdc, TRS, Avatar and tron; I'd rather have those six pins than any one pin... just my opinion.

Please explain how you got to 22K on the pins listed - does not add up? Even at 4k each is more??

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Great closer, wish I was price.

Free Delivery white glove service.

#44 11 years ago

I'll send you more pics of gorilla's with girls in bikinis

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I personally hope he gets it! (I have my reasons)

Me too! Although I think he's about $2500 too cheap!

#46 11 years ago

or 4 of these, or 10 of this, or ..........Guys have been saying this for years. Meanwhile supply and demand keeps right on working. If Chris is booked for a year, the market is trying to tell you something........

#47 11 years ago

WTF.. almost page 2 and no boobs?

Pinsiders are slacking...

#48 11 years ago

I think the major point that everyone needs to take from this is that just because this pin is asking 22k for it does not make your routed mm worth 11k

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Please explain how you got to 22K on the pins listed - does not add up? Even at 4k each is more??

I'll take a guess..

LoTR - $3,500 -- purchased around 2009 or before
TAF - $3,500 - purchased around 2009 or before
TRS - $3,600 -- purchased Pro NIB or used in 2010-2011
Avatar - $3,800 -- purchased Pro NIB or used in 2010-2012
Tron Pro - $3,800 -- purchased NIB or used in 2011
ACDC Pro -- $3,800 -- purchased NIB or used in 2012.

That's $22K. The key is to remember that used TAF was a $3K game not too long ago. The Stern Pros could always be found for less than $4K through the right avenues.

Just a guess mind you, but a plausible guess.

Marcus

#50 11 years ago

wish I was closer...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-1997-williams-22000-obo-no-trades-eye-roll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.