Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by darkfaith
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I don't like it.. Sorry, i just think its lame... There I said it! ... Now bash away!

#2 11 years ago

Ok. You don't like a game. You are allowed to do that you know.

#3 11 years ago

I had to get it out because these things are listed for 12 to 15 grand. It's ridiculous IMO.. It's just not that fun to me.... Am I missing something or is it more of a status thing?

#4 11 years ago

fun game. yes, it's a status thing.
supply and demand. etc

#5 11 years ago

Maybe and yes for some.

#6 11 years ago

You can pick any of the top 10 and some group of people will hate it. I don't care for TZ at all but I can understand why a lot of people like it and why it is a highly rated pin.

#7 11 years ago

Luckily for me I feel the same way. Does nothing special for me. Fun, sure but no desire to have one.
Sadly I did not have the same luck regarding MB. Dang love the thing and sadly AFM is taking my next few months savings. Dang these games : (

#8 11 years ago

Same here, but I think it's overrated. The callouts are amazing but other than that, I think AFM is the better pin and for thousands less.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

You can pick any of the top 10 and some group of people will hate it. I don't care for TZ at all but I can understand why a lot of people like it and why it is a highly rated pin.

I hear ya... I don't care for STTNG but I get it... MM?.. I just don't get it

#10 11 years ago

I don't get how you don't get it I think you need to go to some sort of reform school for pinball for that comment .

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from joey316g:

I don't like it.. Sorry, i just think its lame... There I said it! ... Now bash away!

Please don't feed the troll.

#13 11 years ago

If you like or dislike a game, money should never be part of the equation. Medival Madness is a good game, its fun. I would not pay the going rate but it doesn't change whether the game is good or fun. Of course you are entitled to your opinion and there are plenty of varity for everyone.

#14 11 years ago

Sigh. Some like MM and some do not as it is for any pin. I am sure you realize that for some people MM is their grail pin thus bashing on the game is kind of rough (yes you are entitled to your opinion).

For me, most pins are priced too high but it is what it is (market). In regards to MM, I like it quite a bit but not defensively so for the reason I gave above.

#15 11 years ago

I love all these "I don't like game X" posts. Thanks for telling all of us. I equally like the "I don't get why everyone likes game X, what's wrong with me?" posts. By the way, I'm being sarcastic. I think these posts suck.

Hey, there's a Top 100 rating section on Pinside. You can go there rate all the games you don't like with really low ratings if it makes you feel better (especially the ones you deem too expensive to justify being enjoyable). You can also read all about what people think of game X, and then figure out what you're missing out on, and spare us all the trouble of having to suggest what you may or may not be missing out on.

#16 11 years ago

And the real point is different strokes for different folks and that is a great thing.

#17 11 years ago

yes its priced high, yes some people dont like certain games, and as mentioned before, there are other top 10 games that some people dont really like alot. tz for me is cool, but i dont like it enough to own it. everyone likes what they like, all opinion, like what you like and buy it

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

I'm not even sure if this is an insult or not.. Lmao.

People get so touchy on forums... Haha.. Boo hooooo

#19 11 years ago

I wonder how many times people who have been here for more than a year have seen this? I am coming up on a year and it's close to every two weeks.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

Exactly. Troll thread plain and simple. He doesn't want a real discussion. You only get these kinds of threads because of what the pin costs.

#21 11 years ago

No because its rated number one on here... The price just adds to the insanity

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from joey316g:

No because its rated number one on here...

I agree with you on the fact that it doesn't deserve to be number one. But complaining about the MM price doesn't help your argument.

#23 11 years ago

had it once, before it was the IT game, now gotta have it again...its mostly a status thing for me

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from darkfaith:

had it once, before it was the IT game, now gotta have it again...its mostly a status thing for me

Well this I can appreciate.. But to say its number one rated as a players game.. I think not.

#25 11 years ago

It may not be strong in any one category. It is imo a great playing, cool flowing, light showing, sound and humor screaming, cool art owning, troll bashing, damsel saving and great reselling pinball machine.
I may part with mine soon but I have nothing but love for it. It was once called my grail and it is. I am just always looking at other deals especially when this much money is involved in one pin.

#26 11 years ago

MM is a good game in today's current market, 5K. YES! 10+... Hell NO!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from joey316g:

I'm not even sure if this is an insult or not.. Lmao.
People get so touchy on forums... Haha.. Boo hooooo

I would not have issue if you presented a reason why you don't like it. Instead you just post something to get a strong reaction one way or the other. Trolling.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

MM is a good game in today's current market, 5K. YES! 10+... Hell NO!

agree, 100% paid 2500 for mine sold for 3k, would gladly pay 5k to own again

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from joey316g:

No because its rated number one on here... The price just adds to the insanity

This is where it turns into Supply/Demand argument. If more people felt like you, it would be cheaper. It's priced where it is because people that collect pins want it, and there it not enough supply to meet its demand. Somebody took a NBA pin and converted it into a MM, you don't see threads of people taking a MM and making it into a Gilligan's Island.

BTW: There is no such thing as a "Status" pin. Go up to any single, hot girl, and tell her you have a Medieval Madness pinball at home and see how far that gets you. (Actually, she doesn't even have to be hot, I just added that for a mental picture)

Wonder if there are any "Status" Beanie Babies?

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

This is where it turns into Supply/Demand argument. If more people felt like you, it would be cheaper. It's priced where it is because people that collect pins want it, and there it not enough supply to meet its demand. Somebody took a NBA pin and converted it into a MM, you don't see threads of people taking a MM and making it into a Gilligan's Island.
BTW: There is no such thing as a "Status" pin. Go up to any single, hot girl, and tell her you have a Medieval Madness pinball at home and see how far that gets you. (Actually, she doesn't even have to be hot, I just added that for a mental picture)

but, tell any pin head you have a MM, and you have a great deal of status

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

This post is full of win.

#32 11 years ago

plus self accomplishment

#33 11 years ago

actually, i thought MM was one of the most supplied pins? its not really rare is it? correct me if im wrong

#34 11 years ago

MM is not a game that got expensive because the company only made 600 limited editions of it. It is prized because it is fun, has lots to do, has an awesome theme ya-da ya-da. That's what has driven demand for this title and why it is so expensive. Also, it had smaller than usual production numbers, but there are still quite a few out there.

I bought mine ages ago as a restoration project. Got it done, played it for a year and got tired of it. Almost sold it.
Then someone who knew the game very well showed me how to play it strategically; how to stack hurry-ups with a huge risk/reward component. It also a game that has two sides. A relative noob can walk up to it and start bashing castles, or the seasoned player can attempt to max out all his shots before starting all the madnesses at once... only using multi-balls to destroy castles. This allows you to complete the ladder tasks more quickly towards Battle for the Kingdom.

After watching a few PAPA videos of this game being played, I quickly put away any thought of selling it. And AFM is a poor man's MM... There, I said it
MM is Brian Eddy's evolution of AFM. Maybe a bit less flow, but a LOT more game!

You can still dislike it. No skin off my nose. Helps keep the price under control (if that's possible).
Just make sure you've given it a fair chance. A lot of people don't get to play one very often and simply discount the game as a status symbol. Unlike BBB or other rare titles, this is one pin that has earned it's reputation IMO.

#35 11 years ago

What a waste of a thread. I don't like to get kicked in the balls.... Why don't we make a thread about that?

Bottom line, MM is a great game. There are SO many worse games than MM. Sure it's not for everyone, but IMO it's a phenomimal game and well deserving of the number one spot and not deserving of an "I don't like this game" thread. Honestly I don't think any game no matter how bad really needs an "I don't like this game" thread.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from darkfaith:

actually, i thought MM was one of the most supplied pins? its not really rare is it? correct me if im wrong

Slightly over 4k made. Doesn't matter how many are produced, price is high because the demand is more than what was produced. Champion Pub had less produced and goes for 1/3 the price.

Quoted from darkfaith:

but, tell any pin head you have a MM, and you have a great deal of status

Personally, I own one and I really don't think any of my Pinhead friends give a crap. In fact, I really can't think of one living person I know that is impressed I own one.

If I wanted Pimp Daddy Status, I would sell my collection and get nicer car. Real World > Pinball World.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from darkfaith:

That's correct, it is not rare.

The fact that it is not particularly rare and they sell for as much as they do should tell you how huge the demand is. I wonder why the demand would be so high for this not-so-rare pin?

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Buschjs:

What a waste of a thread. I don't like to get kicked in the balls.... Why don't we make a thread about that?

Bottom line, MM is a great game. There are SO many worse games than MM. Sure it's not for everyone, but IMO it's a phenomimal game and well deserving of the number one spot.

yeah, what he said!

#39 11 years ago

its not rare, its my personal opinon its great, and i want another...that demands a higher price tag than CP

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Slightly over 4k made. Doesn't matter how many are produced, price is high because the demand is more than what was produced. Champion Pub had less produced and goes for 1/3 the price.

Personally, I own and I really don't think any of my Pinhead friends give a crap. In fact, I really can't think of one living person I know that is impressed I own one.
If I wanted Pimp Daddy Status, I would sell my collection and get nicer car. Real World > Pinball World.

im pretty sure sure, most of my friends would come to play MM, instead of jokerz!...not an elevational status, but a personal status..as i love jokerz!, but my friends, just dont get it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.99
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.