6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 6 years ago

Grayman having just been thru some serious shit Myself I learned quickly that googling any medical condition brings up a lot of worst case Scenarios and panic attacks quickly follow!

Glad you are gunna be ok

Side note on Medical bills, I have a new stack in my mailbox everyday. I’m over $115,000.00 and more to come. I’m trying to figure out my deductibles and what I will owe in the end. The good news is that I lived

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hopefully you have decent insurance of at least 80/20 after a 2500 or 5000 deductible. Hospitals MASSIVELY inflate the costs for things quite a while ago I was able to get a couple emergency room visit bills cut back by about 60% by going line-item on each line of the invoice and comparing with "real world" costs, then offering to pay for what was left in cash. It's ridiculous that we have to do this in ostensibly the most powerful nation in the world, but that's the way it is. One day we'll figure out how to give everyone medical care and get the profit motive-driven third parties and insurers out of the picture, but not anytime soon.

I am a little confused with my coverage and deductibles. I think I have a max out of pocket, but my insurance card says I am liable for 20% of Emergency room visits. I have over $17,000 in bills just for 2 ER visits in the last 5 weeks (lots of brain scans ect) I am hoping my max out of pocket is only $5 to $6k (a Stern Pro )

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I was an inpatient awaiting open heart surgery and I had a stroke and had an angiogram that wasn't covered; 90K out of pocket just for that! I'm lucky most everything else was covered, I think my total bills were 400,000 but including the angio I still paid almost 100K. Something needs to change.

That’s insane!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medical-problems?tu=Concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.