9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chrisbee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

#1 9 years ago

I am useing walnut to clean post,screws, s.s ramps in a tumbler not
    Working to good don't think I'm doing it right. Please help
    Thanks

#2 9 years ago

What I've been doing is first spraying the parts with simple green and wiping them down. This is just to cut through the initial layer of grime. Then, if the parts are rusty or corroded, I put them in some evapo-rust for a few hours. After the rust is gone, I tumble for 4-8 hours for cleaning and polishing. Sometimes longer, depending on the condition of the part/hardware.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

What I've been doing is first spraying the parts with simple green and wiping them down. This is just to cut through the initial layer of grime. Then, if the parts are rusty or corroded, I put them in some evapo-rust for a few hours. After the rust is gone, I tumble for 4-8 hours for cleaning and polishing. Sometimes longer, depending on the condition of the part/hardware.

Thanks will it take out small scratches on the stainless steel?
    Or do I have to steel wool them ?

#4 9 years ago

It should take out the small scratches. For me, I used corn. It's not as strong as walnut so I just left everything in the tumbler and went to work. 8 hours later I came home to very nice polished up parts.

#5 9 years ago

I think I have too many pieces in it I think they're rubbing up against each other . I purchased the 20 gallon one
    Should I only use a couple pieces at once?

#6 9 years ago

walnut media doesn't do much for scratches.

Steel wool can help you buff out scratches with finer scratches, so you won't end up with a polished mirror surface. You can also try buffing with a cotton polishing wheel on a bench grinder.

To take out deep scratches, regraining with sandpaper might be the better option.

#7 9 years ago

Hi All. There are two identical threads. Please only one thread per topic item per person. this thread locked
    Please use this thread for future posts.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tumbler-help

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/media-tumbler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.