(Topic ID: 252649)

Med. Madness LE #1, TnA Special #550 Pinball Life, JDRF Auction!

By SpookyCharlie

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A52BBE0C-EC2F-4487-BCB8-33324A2A9CC6 (resized).jpeg
    20191018_165545_resized (resized).jpg
    20191018_165611_resized (resized).jpg
    20191018_165613_resized (resized).jpg
    B4D583E1-2373-455C-9E3C-B3E999874FCE (resized).jpeg
    20191016_160005 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154305 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154250 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154237 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154221 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154231 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154139 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154205 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154145 (resized).jpg
    Spooky 550 hinges (resized).jpg
    Image 9-11-19 at 12.38 PM (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago

I'd be more than happy to bid for those who can't make the party.

#8 4 years ago

I may also have a couple of party tickets available. I won't know for a week or so whether the friends I bought the tickets for can go or not.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Bryan will be the path to those who can't make it... so glad there is at least that great option! He's a trustable guy, I swear.

I would be more than happy to bid for anyone who can't make it. I've only had one person ask, but I see no reason why I couldn't bid for more than one.

Send me a PM if you have any interest. I'm going to want your name, address, phone number, which game you're interested in and high bid. If I get the same high bids, I'd be bidding for the first person to contact me with that bid.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Bryan, I support this cause 1000%... and because of this, with all due respect, I would offer up one reason you might want to at least think about having each bidder obtain their own on-site bidder that is on the phone during the auction. In the heat of a live auction, people will often raise their maximum bid price because they don’t want to lose. Nobody goes in knowing what others maximum bid will be, so some will just keep bidding to avoid losing. It’s often those last few bids when ego trumps reason that make for an exciting auction, but more importantly, the maximum donation.
    In the end JDRF wins, so I applaud you Charlie, Terry, Doug and everyone involved in arranging and contributing to this great event.

I completely understand what you're saying, Tony, and I would love for that to happen. If it's not possible to line bidders up, I would simply do what I can to help.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I will be there and would be someone's phone connection. No monkey business though, plan on following through.

That's my only problem with bidding for someone else. Especially if I don't know them.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

spookycharlie
    Is there a way to just send a donation if you will not be attending the event?

Anyone wanting to donate to Team G and JDRF can follow the link below. Scroll to the bottom and click on the "donate to this team" link.

https://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?fr_id=7828&pg=team&team_id=290837

THANK YOU!

#38 4 years ago

Thank you!

The first pic of Gordon (the G in Team G) is one of my favorites as it shows the various devices he wears pretty much 24/7. This was when he was about 4. He was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 15 months old.

The second pic is his first day of 1st grade.

If I'm ever asked who my hero in life is, the answer is simple. It's Gordon. He's only 6 and he continues to amaze me how well he deals with all of this.

IMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPGImage 9-11-19 at 12.38 PM (resized).jpgImage 9-11-19 at 12.38 PM (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #53 4 years ago

My wife wasn't able to come with me this year, so I brought my son, Justin. I have experienced the generosity of pinball people first hand, while this was Justin's first time. It was a bit overwhelming for him, at times. My favorite was him confronting Charlie about the amount the TNA check was made out for. It should have been $1600...final bid of $7100 minus Charlie's cost of $5500. The check was made out for $7100. Turns out, Charlie decided to donate the entire TNA to the auction. For those who don't really know him, that's the kind of guy my good friend Charlie Emery is and his wife Kayte is just as special.

Another time was when he and I had gotten back to the hotel and had a chance to count everything. Total came to $28,700. Last year, for the JDRF One Walk fundraiser, our team, Team G, raised more money than any other team. It was in the neighborhood of $26,000 and was mostly due to those involved in pinball. We figured there's no way in hell are we ever going to beat that. I guess I was wrong.

Thank you to everyone involved, from the bottom of our hearts. Because of good people, the day may come when my grandson Gordon doesn't have to let diabetes run his life.

1 week later
    #60 4 years ago

My wife and I finally had time to run the checks up to our local JDRF chapter. Entries have been made to Team G!

https://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?fr_id=7828&pg=entry

Scroll down to the leader board and you'll see we're KICKING ASS! Of course, with the annual walk being held end of February next year, I'd say we have a huge target on our backs.

Thank you again, to everyone involved!

3 months later
    #62 4 years ago

To add to all those who were kind enough to be involved in this, I wanted to thank Greg Freres and Dennis Nordman with Whizbang Pinball for the recent $500 donation to Team G!

For those who don't know, our 7 year old grandson, Gordon is a Type 1 diabetic, diagnosed at age 15 months. Team G works hard each year to raise money to find a cure for Type 1 diabetes through the JDRF One Walk. The One Walk is only a few days away, February 22 at the Mall of America.

Team G was the leading JDRF fundraising team last year and is currently leading this year. Go to the following link and scroll down to see all the teams involved.

https://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?fr_id=7828&pg=entry

Anyone caring to donate can go here.

https://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?fr_id=7828&pg=personal&px=11674589&fbclid=IwAR2TPZiDydkSLxYBgmq-aMcpGqhG-fJsl10kf5JPQRxmAWyrCLvrgq4lTxI

Again, THANK YOU to all those that are kind enough to give!

#63 4 years ago

Oops. Forgot the obligatory pic of said grandson enjoying his current sport!

A52BBE0C-EC2F-4487-BCB8-33324A2A9CC6 (resized).jpegA52BBE0C-EC2F-4487-BCB8-33324A2A9CC6 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/med-madness-le-1-tna-special-550-pinball-life-jdrf-auction?tu=bryan_kelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.