(Topic ID: 252649)

Med. Madness LE #1, TnA Special #550 Pinball Life, JDRF Auction!

By SpookyCharlie

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A52BBE0C-EC2F-4487-BCB8-33324A2A9CC6 (resized).jpeg
    20191018_165545_resized (resized).jpg
    20191018_165611_resized (resized).jpg
    20191018_165613_resized (resized).jpg
    B4D583E1-2373-455C-9E3C-B3E999874FCE (resized).jpeg
    20191016_160005 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154305 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154250 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154237 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154221 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154231 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154139 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154205 (resized).jpg
    20191016_154145 (resized).jpg
    Spooky 550 hinges (resized).jpg
    Image 9-11-19 at 12.38 PM (resized).jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Hello and good morning Pinsiders!

Charlie from Spooky Pinball LLC here, hoping we can help spread the word on an INCREDIBLE pair of games going up for auction on Friday Oct. 18th at the Pinball Life Open House!!! Proceeds from this event will be going to JDRF, in the name of "Team G" (Bryan Kelly's grandson, photos on banner art). JDRF is a fantastic group and one we've all been proud to help support over the years. See the link below...

Spooky is prepping THE LAST OF THE ORIGINAL RUN Total Nuclear Annihilation games for this auction! The game will have special #550 hinges (thanks Dino at Pinball Metal!) and a few other tricks and treats. Will be new in box, and a very special 1 of a kind game that we hope makes the lucky winner proud to own for years to come!

ALSO... Thanks to Doug, Ryan, and all our fine friends at Chicago Gaming Company... we have ANOTHER SPECIAL GAME GOING UP FOR AUCTION!!! Doug (owner of CGC) had set aside Medieval Madness LE #1 of 1000 for himself. When he heard about the cause and auction, Doug decided to give up his brand new prized game, add some special trinkets to it, and ADD IT TO THIS AUCTION!!!

So the details are Friday October 18th, at 3:00 p.m. the auctions will begin. All proceeds go to JDRF, and if you win, you CAN TAKE THEM HOME THAT DAY! If you need a game shipped, Spooky Pinball LLC will be happy to assist with that as well.

YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO BID! If you can't be there, find a friend who can be... or reach out to Bryan Kelly and he may be able to help with this as well.

Games will be auctioned off individually to the highest bidder.

Both games are still being finished, so we'll post photos as soon as possible, but photos will be last minute I'm sure because pinball is hard.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! Best of luck, and hope to see you at the Pinball Life Open House!!!

https://www.jdrf.org/?_ga=2.142540022.539630873.1569964769-227032556.1569964769&_gac=1.49464978.1570030683.EAIaIQobChMI1JvsrPP95AIVQhh9Ch10bAJrEAAYASAAEgK0F_D_BwE

PBL_Auction (resized).jpgPBL_Auction (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

awesome auction prizes for an equally awesome cause. a huge thank you to charlie, dino & spooky & co and doug & co @ CGC and terry & co. for continuing to put on one kickass party!

#4 4 years ago

Very impressive, guys.

#5 4 years ago

Thanks everyone... should have mentioned zero reserve too!

Somebody (or a couple somebodys) are going to leave Pinball Life really happy on the 18th!

#6 4 years ago

Just a suggestion for such a great cause but why not start the bidding now to more then just visitors? There are some really generous and supporting buyers far from this event that I would bet could at least start the fire going for a good cause. As I will be attending I would gladly represent any non visiting high bidder to see that their contribution was represented. Just a thought for a really kind and generous opportunity. I’m in to start at 6k each.

#7 4 years ago

I'd be more than happy to bid for those who can't make the party.

#8 4 years ago

I may also have a couple of party tickets available. I won't know for a week or so whether the friends I bought the tickets for can go or not.

#9 4 years ago

Great cause bump.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

why not start the bidding now to more then just visitors?

Has been a point of much debate... but the decision to go "in person" was a multiple humans involved one.

Plus there might be something super cool and special that will only work to full effect in person.

Bryan will be the path to those who can't make it... so glad there is at least that great option! He's a trustable guy, I swear.

#11 4 years ago

There are a variety of laws that vary by state when it comes to auctions and raffles. Many of complexities and challenges are overcome when people “bid” in person. Crossing state lines is a PITA.

If I didn’t already own both of these games I’d be all over it. Great cause, great games, great people.

#12 4 years ago

What’s the minimum bid to get Bryan to hand deliver?

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

He's a trustable guy, I swear.

#14 4 years ago

Bryan will be the path to those who can't make it... so glad there is at least that great option! He's a trustable guy, I swear.

I would be more than happy to bid for anyone who can't make it. I've only had one person ask, but I see no reason why I couldn't bid for more than one.

Send me a PM if you have any interest. I'm going to want your name, address, phone number, which game you're interested in and high bid. If I get the same high bids, I'd be bidding for the first person to contact me with that bid.

#15 4 years ago

Pinball Life will be sending an email to all ticket holders for the Friday JDRF charity event tomorrow. This email will inform all attendees about the details of the auction just to make double sure everyone is fully informed of the proceedings.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I would be more than happy to bid for anyone who can't make it. I've only had one person ask, but I see no reason why I couldn't bid for more than one.
    Send me a PM if you have any interest. I'm going to want your name, address, phone number, which game you're interested in and high bid. If I get the same high bids, I'd be bidding for the first person to contact me with that bid.

Bryan, I support this cause 1000%... and because of this, with all due respect, I would offer up one reason you might want to at least think about having each bidder obtain their own on-site bidder that is on the phone during the auction. In the heat of a live auction, people will often raise their maximum bid price because they don’t want to lose. Nobody goes in knowing what others maximum bid will be, so some will just keep bidding to avoid losing. It’s often those last few bids when ego trumps reason that make for an exciting auction, but more importantly, the maximum donation.

In the end JDRF wins, so I applaud you Charlie, Terry, Doug and everyone involved in arranging and contributing to this great event.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Bryan, I support this cause 1000%... and because of this, with all due respect, I would offer up one reason you might want to at least think about having each bidder obtain their own on-site bidder that is on the phone during the auction. In the heat of a live auction, people will often raise their maximum bid price because they don’t want to lose. Nobody goes in knowing what others maximum bid will be, so some will just keep bidding to avoid losing. It’s often those last few bids when ego trumps reason that make for an exciting auction, but more importantly, the maximum donation.
    In the end JDRF wins, so I applaud you Charlie, Terry, Doug and everyone involved in arranging and contributing to this great event.

I completely understand what you're saying, Tony, and I would love for that to happen. If it's not possible to line bidders up, I would simply do what I can to help.

#18 4 years ago

Maybe anyone attending can post their willingness in this thread to be an on-site bidder for someone else by phone? I am hoping to be their for the auction (is the time decided yet?), but my son and I are in the Flip-Out tournament and finals start at 10am Friday. Snowballs chance in hell that I make it past the first round, but my son has been playing much better lately and I can’t leave him behind if he goes deep in the tourney.

#19 4 years ago

I will be there and would be someone's phone connection. No monkey business though, plan on following through.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

(is the time decided yet?)

3:00 p.m.!!!

Thanks to those offering to assist... MUCH appreciation!

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I will be there and would be someone's phone connection. No monkey business though, plan on following through.

That's my only problem with bidding for someone else. Especially if I don't know them.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Maybe anyone attending can post their willingness in this thread to be an on-site bidder for someone else by phone? I am hoping to be their for the auction (is the time decided yet?), but my son and I are in the Flip-Out tournament and finals start at 10am Friday. Snowballs chance in hell that I make it past the first round, but my son has been playing much better lately and I can’t leave him behind if he goes deep in the tourney.

To ensure this event raises a handsome reward I would be honored to be your phone in bidder on site. PM me if your interested and I will get you my contact info.

Dave

#23 4 years ago

It's of course no issue if people want to place bids for other people who are not there, but please remember that if you are willing to bid for someone else you also have to be willing to front the $$$ for them if they win. This is a win-the-bid, take-the-game-home charity auction. Nobody wants to, or should have to, chase money for a charity auction after the fact.
    Terry.

#24 4 years ago

Is it a cash only auction, or are credit cards accepted?

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

It's of course no issue if people want to place bids for other people who are not there, but please remember that if you are willing to bid for someone else you also have to be willing to front the $$$ for them if they win. This is a win-the-bid, take-the-game-home charity auction. Nobody wants to, or should have to, chase money for a charity auction after the fact.
    Terry.

That's what I'm saying. It would have to be someone I trust and have everything set up ahead of time. I'm not going to take a chance of someone from the outside screwing things up.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

That's what I'm saying. It would have to be someone I trust and have everything set up ahead of time. I'm not going to take a chance of someone from the outside screwing things up.

Not to single anyone out... but if iceman44 (for instance) wanted me to bid for him (even though I don’t know him from Adam), I’d have no problem. There are plenty of other usual suspects that have shown to be charitable and reliable in past auctions/charities on this site. I guess I’m guilty of believing that people are basically good. Maybe I’m wrong based on many of the responses in this thread?

The points made are excellent and I certainly wouldn’t bid for a total stranger without direct personal references. And I’m sure some people don’t want to deal with the hassle. Just a thought and I’m guessing there won’t be a deluge of phone bidders anyway. I’ve only seen one or two call in bidders at previous auctions I’ve attended in person.

I have personally been the caller for a charity auction in the past and actually won. Who knows, I might have paid too much because people in the room thought “who is this Schmuck on the phone that wants this bad enough to call in... let’s bid him up”. But it was for a good cause so i didn’t care.

#27 4 years ago

The last few years at this event Terry and Margaret set out a "tip jar" in the Spooky Pinball booth for those who'd care to use it to add to the JDRF funds for the day.

I don't want to say who, but a good pinball friend just started off that tip jar with a $1,000 donation... because he could, and wanted to.

Good people... lots of them out there. Generosity of them never fails to leave me feeling pretty damn great and wanting to do more ourselves.

Thank you everyone.

#28 4 years ago

As a Diabetic I approve of this!

#29 4 years ago

Yet ANOTHER awesome item has been donated to be auctioned off by J.M. Ratkos!

Up for auction is a complete collection of uncirculated PAPA tokens in a deluxe mahogany display case.

The collection the winning bidder will receive contains a complete mint-condition set of every token PAPA has produced (27 tokens).

The mahogany wood and glass display case measures: 14" (h) x 10" (w) x 3" (d) and has 4 slotted shelves (the top 3 of which are removable). The case has a latch on the side (to open it) and glass on both sides so that both sides of the tokens can be easily viewed.

This charity auction just keeps getting better and better!

Terry.

#30 4 years ago

photos of the display case and PAPA tokens. there were only a total of 21 of these sets with the display case awarded during the PAPA 2013 kickstarter
    the 27th token is still in the original bubble mailer, which was shipped out after the fact

the mahogany & glass display case measures approximately 14" (h) x 10" (w) x 3" (d)
    02 display case (resized).JPG02 display case (resized).JPG
    03 26 tokens (resized).JPG03 26 tokens (resized).JPG

#31 4 years ago

I also have Type 1 diabetes and this is awesome. wish I could be there to bid

#32 4 years ago

The last few years at this event Terry and Margaret set out a "tip jar" in the Spooky Pinball booth for those who'd care to use it to add to the JDRF funds for the day.
    I don't want to say who, but a good pinball friend just started off that tip jar with a $1,000 donation... because he could, and wanted to.
    Good people... lots of them out there. Generosity of them never fails to leave me feeling pretty damn great and wanting to do more ourselves.
    Thank you everyone.

SpookyCharlie
    Is there a way to just send a donation if you will not be attending the event?

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'd be more than happy to bid for those who can't make the party.

Sent you a pm.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

spookycharlie
    Is there a way to just send a donation if you will not be attending the event?

Anyone wanting to donate to Team G and JDRF can follow the link below. Scroll to the bottom and click on the "donate to this team" link.

https://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?fr_id=7828&pg=team&team_id=290837

THANK YOU!

#35 4 years ago

Hello and good morning Pinsiders!
    Charlie from Spooky Pinball LLC here, hoping we can help spread the word on an INCREDIBLE pair of games going up for auction on Friday Oct. 18th at the Pinball Life Open House!!! Proceeds from this event will be going to JDRF, in the name of "Team G" (Bryan Kelly's grandson, photos on banner art). JDRF is a fantastic group and one we've all been proud to help support over the years. See the link below...
    Spooky is prepping THE LAST OF THE ORIGINAL RUN Total Nuclear Annihilation games for this auction! The game will have special #550 hinges (thanks Dino at Pinball Metal!) and a few other tricks and treats. Will be new in box, and a very special 1 of a kind game that we hope makes the lucky winner proud to own for years to come!
    ALSO... Thanks to Doug, Ryan, and all our fine friends at Chicago Gaming Company... we have ANOTHER SPECIAL GAME GOING UP FOR AUCTION!!! Doug (owner of CGC) had set aside Medieval Madness LE #1 of 1000 for himself. When he heard about the cause and auction, Doug decided to give up his brand new prized game, add some special trinkets to it, and ADD IT TO THIS AUCTION!!!
    So the details are Friday October 18th, at 3:00 p.m. the auctions will begin. All proceeds go to JDRF, and if you win, you CAN TAKE THEM HOME THAT DAY! If you need a game shipped, Spooky Pinball LLC will be happy to assist with that as well.
    YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO BID! If you can't be there, find a friend who can be... or reach out to Bryan Kelly and he may be able to help with this as well.
    Games will be auctioned off individually to the highest bidder.
    Both games are still being finished, so we'll post photos as soon as possible, but photos will be last minute I'm sure because pinball is hard.
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! Best of luck, and hope to see you at the Pinball Life Open House!!!
    https://www.jdrf.org/?_ga=2.142540022.539630873.1569964769-227032556.1569964769&_gac=1.49464978.1570030683.EAIaIQobChMI1JvsrPP95AIVQhh9Ch10bAJrEAAYASAAEgK0F_D_BwE[quoted image]

As the father of a T1D child for 10 years, I want to say thank you to those involved. JDRF has been a great resource to my family.

We were fortunate enough to have the Joslin center one hour away from where we lived the first 4 years of my sons diagnoses. With resources and information provided to them by JDRF our care providers were able to provide us with training, 24/7 on call-support and successfully advocated for us to get my son on as an early adopter of the Dexcom continuous glucose monitor before it was mainstreamed for use with children.

Thank you to everyone donating or participating. This is a relentless and isolating disease. You are touching peoples lives in ways you don’t even know.

My wife’s been wanting an MMR for our arcade (it’s her grail pin). Gonna try to get a bid in.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Anyone wanting to donate to Team G and JDRF can follow the link below. Scroll to the bottom and click on the "donate to this team" link.
    THANK YOU!

Done.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

THANK YOU!

Done

#38 4 years ago

Thank you!

The first pic of Gordon (the G in Team G) is one of my favorites as it shows the various devices he wears pretty much 24/7. This was when he was about 4. He was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 15 months old.

The second pic is his first day of 1st grade.

If I'm ever asked who my hero in life is, the answer is simple. It's Gordon. He's only 6 and he continues to amaze me how well he deals with all of this.

IMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPGImage 9-11-19 at 12.38 PM (resized).jpgImage 9-11-19 at 12.38 PM (resized).jpg
    #39 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone who is jumping on this to donate, give kind words, and just for being awesome!

I was just informed Robert from Hooked On Pinball is donating a TnA side rail lighting kit, ghost hinge lighting kit (and Lemmy Ghost will be unique on this #550 game, thanks to Dino at Pinball Metal!), and Robert is also tossing in his awesome pop bumper mod!!!

We'll install all this stuff on the game if time allows before the auction, or it will just be included with the game (game will be in the box) for the new owner to use.

THANK YOU ROBERT!!! Making a great game even better.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/
    https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p115/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-TNA-Side-Rail-Illumination-Kit-Pinball-Mod.html
    https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p130/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-Ghost-Hinge-Add-On-for-Rail-Kit.html
    https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p204/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-Reactor-Pop-Bumper-Mod.html

#40 4 years ago

#550 hinges are done!!!

Thanks again to Dino at Pinball Metal... can't wait to see these lit up with the Hooked On Pinball lighting kit!

Spooky 550 hinges (resized).jpgSpooky 550 hinges (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #41 4 years ago

Well.... here it is. Came out absolutely beautiful!!! Remember, bidding on this game starts at $5,500 ($500 below retail!) and all profits go to JDRF.

Big thanks to Terry, Margaret, and Scott at Pinball Life for donating the nuclear green plastics and hosting the auction... Robert at Hooked on Pinball for the light up side rail & Lemmy ghost hinges and pop bumper mod. Also thanks to Dino at Pinball Metal for cutting the 1 of a kind Lemmy's, and Tom for donating the shooter lane tracking mod. Spooky Pinball jazzed it up with the speaker mod kit as well.

Bunch of good people coming together to make a great game even better... and wait until you see what Chicago Gaming has going for Medieval Madness LE #1!

Thanks everyone, and can't wait to load this up and let you see it at Pinball Life!

20191016_154139 (resized).jpg20191016_154139 (resized).jpg20191016_154145 (resized).jpg20191016_154145 (resized).jpg20191016_154205 (resized).jpg20191016_154205 (resized).jpg20191016_154221 (resized).jpg20191016_154221 (resized).jpg20191016_154231 (resized).jpg20191016_154231 (resized).jpg20191016_154237 (resized).jpg20191016_154237 (resized).jpg20191016_154250 (resized).jpg20191016_154250 (resized).jpg20191016_154305 (resized).jpg20191016_154305 (resized).jpg20191016_160005 (resized).jpg20191016_160005 (resized).jpg
    #42 4 years ago

Quick video I added... sorry for "shooting the wrong way". Lol.

#43 4 years ago

Sweet!!
    Former TNA owner here who wants this one!!

#44 4 years ago

How much did the MMR and TNA bring?

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from callaway15:

How much did the MMR and TNA bring?

The auction won't be until 3pm later today. I saw this machine in person yesterday. It is completely blinged out and looks really awesome! If you're looking for a special TNA to get, this is definitely the one.

#46 4 years ago

I can’t remember exactly, but think TNA was near $7500 or so (great price with all the mods) and the MMR was around $16,500. Someone can correct me if I’m off a bit.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I can’t remember exactly, but think TNA was near $7500 or so (great price with all the mods) and the MMR was around $16,500. Someone can correct me if I’m off a bit.

I hope TNA went for more. It’s a beautiful machine. I would not be surprised at all if MMR went for $16k.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

These are pretty close to the numbers , I don’t recall exactly but close . The TNA was a steal at that price and the MM was absolutely gorgeous and could have went for more as well . The winners got some really great items and donated for a great cause . Win win for everyone .

#49 4 years ago

the papa token set and display case went for $400
    the 2 autographed medieval madness translites went for $250 and $200
    the total nuclear annihilation no. 550 went for $7,650 (I believe)
    the medieval madness LE no. 1 w/ prototype topper and numerous mods went for $16K

congrats to the winners and a huge thanks to PBL, spooky pinball and CGC for putting up the items and helping to raise over $24K for JDRF!

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

the papa token set and display case went for $400
    the 2 autographed medieval madness translites went for $250 and $200
    the total nuclear annihilation no. 550 went for $7,650 (I believe)
    the medieval madness LE no. 1 w/ prototype topper and numerous mods went for $16K
    congrats to the winners and a huge thanks to PBL, spooky pinball and CGC for putting up the items and helping to raise over $24K for JDRF!

Yes...My wife and I bid on that and we were the lucky winners on MMR #1...same as two years ago when we won the #150 AMH. it's all for a good cause and I want to thank Doug and all at Chicago Gaming and others that helped to donate the game, time and mods for this great charity.

Even Dino came up to me and said he is going to make some special hinges for the game afterwards for us. He is a class act and very nice person.

Thanks again to everyone.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/med-madness-le-1-tna-special-550-pinball-life-jdrf-auction?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.