Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by Floydpr
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TPF game list (resized).jpg
    341141446_6119190161482629_2889558161258909354_n (resized).jpg
    photo_2023-03-28_23-19-49.jpg
    IMG_20230328_115004950_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220614_140529304 (resized).jpg
    photo_2023-02-24_19-17-37 (resized).jpg
    photo_2023-02-24_19-17-33 (resized).jpg
    photo_2023-02-24_19-17-20 (resized).jpg
    photo_2023-02-24_19-17-28 (resized).jpg
    Battler display (resized).JPG
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago

Floydpr I've watched your YouTube video about MOSFETs a couple times now, and also all of the Arduino videos you linked to. One thing I still am not clear on -- did you need/use a separate MOSFET module for every coil? If so, that seems like it would be a lot of clutter/mess, and maybe it is possible to get one module with multiple switches to avoid so many little boards/modules all over the place? Did you need one for each strand of LEDs and each opto also?

1 month later
    #52 1 year ago

Just saying, UV paint details.
    Ala Viper Night Driving or Stranger Things.
    Would be unexpected.
    Cool...
    UV Clan invasion multiball.

KS Timberwolf for a Topper.

2 months later
    #53 10 months ago
    Quoted from shopguy:

Floydpr I've watched your YouTube video about MOSFETs a couple times now, and also all of the Arduino videos you linked to. One thing I still am not clear on -- did you need/use a separate MOSFET module for every coil? If so, that seems like it would be a lot of clutter/mess, and maybe it is possible to get one module with multiple switches to avoid so many little boards/modules all over the place? Did you need one for each strand of LEDs and each opto also?

Hey sorry for the late respond.

yes, everything is individual. which causes flexibility so that if any module is damaged, it can be easily replaced. each mosfet is only $2 which is much cheaper than swapping out a $200 or more PCB in many cases.

#54 10 months ago

Hello all,

Here I leave the Link of the MechWarrior 5 pinball database. happy because it is already in the system!
    Thanks Robin.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/mechwarrior-mercenaries-5

1 month later
    #55 9 months ago

Wow this is awesome. I loved Battletech when younger. The two player mode is pretty neat. What's your future plans for this? Do you plan to produce more?

#56 9 months ago
    Quoted from c640947:

Wow this is awesome. I loved Battletech when younger. The two player mode is pretty neat. What's your future plans for this? Do you plan to produce more?

Thank you for the feed back,

Well, I created this machine as a proof and concept, besides it being my favorite game, I wanted to think of a way to evolve pinball machines. The truth is that producing this machine is a little difficult for me since I am not a company nor do I have licenses for the game. That I can personally reproduce this machine one by one. Yes, I have the capacity to reproduce it, but it would probably be something between friends. One of the reasons I have worked on perfecting the code is so that it is a machine that can be fully enjoyed and is functional. since you never know what may happen in the future.

Here I leave you a recent video of a new game mode that I added to the code.
    Gameplay#1 https://youtube.com/live/71Gti6i3VMk?feature=share
    Gameplay #2 https://youtube.com/live/ZNtb-dKxMnk?feature=share

1 week later
    #58 8 months ago

Hello everyone, here I will teach you how to play Career Mode.

https://youtube.com/live/pqdCuMnQvbk?feature=share

#59 8 months ago

Hello everyone, Here I will show you how to play Boss Fight in MW5 Pinball homebrew. Thank you for being here.

https://youtube.com/live/rZABNDfBWmE?feature=share

1 week later
    #60 8 months ago

You are creating very deep mode, looks professionnal with all these rules !

For your video, maybe you can add a light to illuminate the playfield ?
    It's super dark and difficult to see something on the upper part of the playfield.

#61 8 months ago
    Quoted from leeoneil:

You are creating very deep mode, looks professionnal with all these rules !
    For your video, maybe you can add a light to illuminate the playfield ?
    It's super dark and difficult to see something on the upper part of the playfield.

Thank you for your feedback,
    I will see if I can do something about it!
    Thank you for watching and recommendation!

#62 8 months ago

Hello everyone, Here I will show you how to play CO-OP in MW5 Pinball homebrew. Thank you for being here.

https://youtube.com/live/BhDRvvB_7Ag?feature=share

#63 8 months ago

What kind of advanced version of ChatGTP are we dealing with here?!? This is too good to be real.

Pardon me thou bleeding piece of earth, as I am meek and gentle, with these butchers

#64 8 months ago
    Quoted from TevB:What kind of advanced version of ChatGTP are we dealing with here?!? This is too good to be real.
    Pardon me thou bleeding piece of earth, as I am meek and gentle, with these butchers

Hello, thanks for the feedback.

Well in my opinion, when I started this process of creating my own machine I found many barriers, the biggest one is how today all the pinball companies continue using methods that are not current in terms of software and how to code. , and this happens more because companies do not want to involve program licensing costs. This causes them to have to develop everything from scratch. Now on My Channel I show how with programs that are very advanced today we can achieve the same results and even better to do exactly what we imagine. These days, I will start uploading some videos to show how I can simply create another game mode on my machine in a short time. So keep an eye on the channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLiQGq31_kGLz5qRgXUG3vg ) so you can better understand how I achieved this and that I haven't used ChatGTP yet LOL.!

#65 8 months ago

In this video series I will be teaching how to build a new Game Mode on my MW5 Pinball machine from scratch.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/traditional-mod-92668332

#66 8 months ago

In this part 2 we will begin creating all the variables of the new game mode.

#67 8 months ago

Creating a Sequence of Progress "Part3"

#68 8 months ago

Mission Sequence Spinner "Part4"

#70 8 months ago

Hey there!

My hats off to you for everything you're doing and have done so far! It is definitely no easy feat creating a game. I find the use of Blueprint here pretty intriguing. I also played your game in Dallas and enjoyed it!

Quoted from Floydpr:

Hello, thanks for the feedback.
    Well in my opinion, when I started this process of creating my own machine I found many barriers, the biggest one is how today all the pinball companies continue using methods that are not current in terms of software and how to code. , and this happens more because companies do not want to involve program licensing costs. This causes them to have to develop everything from scratch. Now on My Channel I show how with programs that are very advanced today we can achieve the same results and even better to do exactly what we imagine. These days, I will start uploading some videos to show how I can simply create another game mode on my machine in a short time. So keep an eye on the channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLiQGq31_kGLz5qRgXUG3vg ) so you can better understand how I achieved this and that I haven't used ChatGTP yet LOL.!

I'd be curious what aspects of current pinball software development you find outdated?

For instance, we're no longer developing things in 6502 and have been using C/C++ for years now (Stern, JJP, my projects). All the Multimorphic stuff uses Unity3D and C#, and most of the Spooky, American Pinball, Dutch Pinball stuff uses Python. Pretty current.

We make these decisions for a number of reasons, mostly around two things:
    1. The talent of the team at the time (and talent we hope to acquire)
    2. Cost

The "cost" here isn't usually in terms of software licensing (until Unity's recent spat). We mostly look at these in terms of performance. Sure, we could write the video backend in Python or whatever, but we're going to pay a performance penalty (higher hardware cost) across every unit we sell. Also, our hardware vendors distribute reference designs and SDKs, almost all of which are in C++. It's pretty much the standard in embedded development. Thankfully Unreal abstracts some of this away.

Collaboration is another thing. On every team I've been on, we've used git as the version control system. I noticed that Unreal Engine's latest docs still reference SVN (we ditched that about 14 years ago), and I couldn't imagine trying to version control and collaborate on something as hellish as a large blueprint layout for one or multiple complicated game modes. How are you currently handling that?

#71 8 months ago
    Quoted from Compy:

Hey there!
    My hats off to you for everything you're doing and have done so far! It is definitely no easy feat creating a game. I find the use of Blueprint here pretty intriguing. I also played your game in Dallas and enjoyed it!

I'd be curious what aspects of current pinball software development you find outdated?
    For instance, we're no longer developing things in 6502 and have been using C/C++ for years now (Stern, JJP, my projects). All the Multimorphic stuff uses Unity3D and C#, and most of the Spooky, American Pinball, Dutch Pinball stuff uses Python. Pretty current.
    We make these decisions for a number of reasons, mostly around two things:
    1. The talent of the team at the time (and talent we hope to acquire)
    2. Cost
    The "cost" here isn't usually in terms of software licensing (until Unity's recent spat). We mostly look at these in terms of performance. Sure, we could write the video backend in Python or whatever, but we're going to pay a performance penalty (higher hardware cost) across every unit we sell. Also, our hardware vendors distribute reference designs and SDKs, almost all of which are in C++. It's pretty much the standard in embedded development. Thankfully Unreal abstracts some of this away.
    Collaboration is another thing. On every team I've been on, we've used git as the version control system. I noticed that Unreal Engine's latest docs still reference SVN (we ditched that about 14 years ago), and I couldn't imagine trying to version control and collaborate on something as hellish as a large blueprint layout for one or multiple complicated game modes. How are you currently handling that?

Thanks for your feedback.
    I am very happy to know that you were able to test the machine in its early stage.

Now to answer your question.
    First, I am very clear about the conditions under which companies choose these software that you mention and the conveniences. When I mean that they are using outdated software, it is not that what they are doing does not work nor that they are using the latest version. It is because of the gaps in what Pinball can be and the potential that is being lost by having to create the software from the beginning when there is software ("Unreal Engine") that offers you to achieve greater things in comparison and at a level that other software does not.

For example, if we are going to continue creating Pinball machines traditionally, well, I don't see any convenience in using something very powerful to achieve the same thing that already exists. But what I see and in my opinion, is that with the tools we have today and the technology, it is time to evolve pinball machines in a way that is easier to code and to have a wide range of options to achieve rules and systems of games that can offer you the traditional and advanced experience.

For example: imagine a machine where you can play Pinball Machine together with 3 people at the same time on the same machine. While the player who is controlling the flippers manipulates the game the other 3 players also manipulate the game while playing a video game on the screen, but at the same time that video game allows you to physically control the hardware that is in the physical machine. We can easily achieve this with Unreal and a small computer. This is my goal and that is why I made the MW5 machine as a proof of concept.

I invite you to watch the latest videos I'm uploading where I demonstrate how easy and fast I can create a new mode on my machine without having to use any C++. here is the channel:https://www.youtube.com/@BeyondPinball/featured

Thank you for your comment.

#72 8 months ago

Spinner Multi-ball Activation "part6"

#74 8 months ago

Drop Target Sequence "part 8"

#75 7 months ago
    Quoted from Floydpr:

Thanks for your feedback.
    I am very happy to know that you were able to test the machine in its early stage.
    Now to answer your question.
    First, I am very clear about the conditions under which companies choose these software that you mention and the conveniences. When I mean that they are using outdated software, it is not that what they are doing does not work nor that they are using the latest version. It is because of the gaps in what Pinball can be and the potential that is being lost by having to create the software from the beginning when there is software ("Unreal Engine") that offers you to achieve greater things in comparison and at a level that other software does not.
    For example, if we are going to continue creating Pinball machines traditionally, well, I don't see any convenience in using something very powerful to achieve the same thing that already exists. But what I see and in my opinion, is that with the tools we have today and the technology, it is time to evolve pinball machines in a way that is easier to code and to have a wide range of options to achieve rules and systems of games that can offer you the traditional and advanced experience.
    For example: imagine a machine where you can play Pinball Machine together with 3 people at the same time on the same machine. While the player who is controlling the flippers manipulates the game the other 3 players also manipulate the game while playing a video game on the screen, but at the same time that video game allows you to physically control the hardware that is in the physical machine. We can easily achieve this with Unreal and a small computer. This is my goal and that is why I made the MW5 machine as a proof of concept.
    I invite you to watch the latest videos I'm uploading where I demonstrate how easy and fast I can create a new mode on my machine without having to use any C++. here is the channel:https://www.youtube.com/@BeyondPinball/featured
    Thank you for your comment.

Although I agree with aspects of both sides of that development from you, and from Compy, in general most players do not want to play at the same time, or as a team. Large percentage, if not all I asked at tournaments, and friends would find that fun once or twice, but more annoying in the long run. It's a cool concept, but pinball is an "individual" sport/game. The idea is to beat the game on your own terms. Even in multiplayer video games, each person is usually controlling all the aspect of the game individually in a team setting.

My beef with pinball software is that it's overly complicated. If someone really wanted to revolutionize pinball software that would make it more gui friendly. Vpx is a great example of how to start... drag a pop bumper onto the playfield but then have a box pop up that asks what the strength is, duration, score value, etc.
    Drag a scoop onto the playfield, and a box pops up asking its value, what it triggers, does it fire back, or is there a delay, or hold.
    I work with PLC structures in manufacturing a lot, and we have screens capable of dragging a conveyor belt on, it asks its settings, then a motor, asks its settings, and so on.
    Why not put that scenario into pinball? Personally, I think your both a bit in the past on development software as there are far better options, and ease of development coming, or should have already come to the pinball world from other types of companies uses or needs.
    I get why they do what they do, but if someone would dig deeper into shifting ideas, rather than copying the last games code, then revising it to a new game, the homebrew community, and the commercial community would all find a far greater step to coding games. Just my 2 cents

1 week later
    #76 7 months ago
    Quoted from MrBigg:

Although I agree with aspects of both sides of that development from you, and from Compy, in general most players do not want to play at the same time, or as a team. Large percentage, if not all I asked at tournaments, and friends would find that fun once or twice, but more annoying in the long run. It's a cool concept, but pinball is an "individual" sport/game. The idea is to beat the game on your own terms. Even in multiplayer video games, each person is usually controlling all the aspect of the game individually in a team setting.
    My beef with pinball software is that it's overly complicated. If someone really wanted to revolutionize pinball software that would make it more gui friendly. Vpx is a great example of how to start... drag a pop bumper onto the playfield but then have a box pop up that asks what the strength is, duration, score value, etc.
    Drag a scoop onto the playfield, and a box pops up asking its value, what it triggers, does it fire back, or is there a delay, or hold.
    I work with PLC structures in manufacturing a lot, and we have screens capable of dragging a conveyor belt on, it asks its settings, then a motor, asks its settings, and so on.
    Why not put that scenario into pinball? Personally, I think your both a bit in the past on development software as there are far better options, and ease of development coming, or should have already come to the pinball world from other types of companies uses or needs.
    I get why they do what they do, but if someone would dig deeper into shifting ideas, rather than copying the last games code, then revising it to a new game, the homebrew community, and the commercial community would all find a far greater step to coding games. Just my 2 cents

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Sorry for the delay in answering.

Everything is very clear with what you say and I agree. There's just one thing that I think you still don't see about the potential of what I'm creating.

Let's see if I can explain better.

The evolution that I believe and am pursuing is about having access to everything you can do today on a pinball machine and more.
    Having a computer and the Unreal Engine Software controlling a pinball machine easily gives you millions of options on how to create these games. The focus would not only be to make traditional machines but within the same figure of traditional machines you will have game options for everyone. So that you understand what I mean, I am going to give you an example with a traditional machine but with the thought of what I can do with my idea.

Imagine Stern's Jurassic Park machine with everything it has.
    Now Imagine that you can connect 3 controls via Bluetooth.
    Now imagine a game mode that, by connecting the controls, people can play by interacting with the dinosaur that is in the machine, with the vehicle that somehow has a manual rotation system or with the prison to stop the ball, while other players interact as a video game on the screen capturing dinosaurs or shooting, helping the first player who is controlling the flippers.

This is just a poor idea of what I'm proposing could do, which also doesn't conflict with tournaments or all the activities that a traditional machine is capable of.

The idea is to have the ability to do more things on a machine that is too expensive to only do what it does.

#77 7 months ago

This is Russ Bullock CEO of Piranha Games Inc. the developers of MW5 mercenaries and also a big pinball fan with a handful of machines in my collection. Thi was so cool to stumble across this. I must have this!

#78 7 months ago
    Quoted from Kabball:

This is Russ Bullock CEO of Piranha Games Inc. the developers of MW5 mercenaries and also a big pinball fan with a handful of machines in my collection. Thi was so cool to stumble across this. I must have this!

Wow! A pleasure to speak with you! thanks for your feedback.

As you can see, I am a big fan of this game and pinball machines, to the point that I decided to mix both things in what you have seen.
    My goal is to evolve pinball machines to a level where a machine can be used to its full potential in the technology we have today. In my videos I explain all these details.
    I can't imagine how proud you are of MW5, and you also love pinball machines, I understand what it would be like to want to have this machine. Well, it's me who loves this MW5 and the pinball machines, I can't stop playing this machine and continue creating content for it in addition to wanting to demonstrate the proof of concept. With this said, I had not thought about creating another one like it, but if you are interested in making one I could help you create one just like it. PM me to see how we can work this out.

#79 7 months ago
    Quoted from Floydpr:

Wow! A pleasure to speak with you! thanks for your feedback.

As you can see, I am a big fan of this game and pinball machines, to the point that I decided to mix both things in what you have seen.
    My goal is to evolve pinball machines to a level where a machine can be used to its full potential in the technology we have today. In my videos I explain all these details.
    I can't imagine how proud you are of MW5, and you also love pinball machines, I understand what it would be like to want to have this machine. Well, it's me who loves this MW5 and the pinball machines, I can't stop playing this machine and continue creating content for it in addition to wanting to demonstrate the proof of concept. With this said, I had not thought about creating another one like it, but if you are interested in making one I could help you create one just like it. PM me to see how we can work this out.

You keep doing you and I may message you down the line on the other side of Christmas. Then maybe you make a MW5 Clans version

#80 7 months ago
    Quoted from Kabball:

You keep doing you and I may message you down the line on the other side of Christmas. Then maybe you make a MW5 Clans version

Sure! In the world of Pinball and MechWarrior we can do anything!

And yes, I will be here for whatever you need!
    Success in the new title MW5 Clan, I am very excited for more MW5 content.

#81 7 months ago

Traditional Mod MechWarrior Mercenary 5 Pinball, Game Play #1
    https://youtube.com/live/-mqSL4h3x7U

2 weeks later
    #82 7 months ago

"Traditional Mod" Full Game play (New High Score €26,331,909)
    In this video I will be playing the game mode ''Traditional mod" and I will demonstrate how I managed to reach 26 million.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/traditional-mod-94799322?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_creator&utm_content=join_link

2 weeks later
    1 month later
    #84 4 months ago

Hello everyone,
    here I encourage you to go to TPF 2024. I'm already registered to take the machine! see you there! To eliminate some MECH

TPF game list (resized).jpgTPF game list (resized).jpg
    #85 4 months ago
    Quoted from Floydpr:

Hello everyone,
    here I encourage you to go to TPF 2024. I'm already registered to take the machine! see you there! To eliminate some MECH
    [quoted image]

I'll be there!!! Looking forward to chatting with you! Hopefully we can meet up. This is probably the #1 thing I'm looking forward to for TPF.

1 week later
    #86 4 months ago

Players will need 5 complete days to see all the different gameplay you made !

#87 4 months ago

Looking forward to talking to you again Angel!

#88 4 months ago
    Quoted from leeoneil:

Players will need 5 complete days to see all the different gameplay you made !

Yes, with this machine I want to demonstrate that if you use powerful software like Unreal Engine, nothing is a limit! This is what I am going to demonstrate in my other project that I have already started developing! It will be the evolution of Pinball Machine.

#89 4 months ago

Better be Motorhead, tue pinball.

1 month later
    #90 3 months ago

Floydpr I am very curious how you used the Arduino's in combination with a PC. I'm building a pin myself and am using Arduino too. 2 Arduino Mega's but they are standalone because i don't know how to use the PC as a controller....

1 month later
    #91 47 days ago

The child of this project is start here:

"The Evolution of pinball"

#92 47 days ago
    Quoted from MadCat5021:

Floydpr I am very curious how you used the Arduino's in combination with a PC. I'm building a pin myself and am using Arduino too. 2 Arduino Mega's but they are standalone because i don't know how to use the PC as a controller....

Hi, please check out all the videos that I made on youtube for how I make this happend.

Ps: sorry for the late replay

#93 47 days ago
    Quoted from Floydpr:

The child of this project is start here:
    "The Evolution of pinball"

Here is the New Page for all about F-WAR

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-war#post-8202169

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.