Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by MadCat5021
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TPF game list (resized).jpg
    341141446_6119190161482629_2889558161258909354_n (resized).jpg
    photo_2023-03-28_23-19-49.jpg
    IMG_20230328_115004950_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220614_140529304 (resized).jpg
    photo_2023-02-24_19-17-37 (resized).jpg
    photo_2023-02-24_19-17-33 (resized).jpg
    photo_2023-02-24_19-17-20 (resized).jpg
    photo_2023-02-24_19-17-28 (resized).jpg
    Battler display (resized).JPG
    There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

Hello to everyone, let me present a different way to create Pinball machines. With the power of Unreal Engine and Arduino.

Description:
    It is a new way to do Pinball. Homebrew Machine. The Hardware is not the traditional and the software are completely different. The sound have a speaker amplifier box and also have a integrated inside Topper in the center on the back box. Everything is control by Arduino and unreal engine with gaming window PC, it have a separate amplifier that it can be connected with Bluetooth and with a 27" screen. It have 5 bumper , 3 spinner, 2 scoop, 8 target,1 kinetic ball target, 8 ball roll switch,4 obt switch, 1 hidden ball pass way, 4 drop targets , 1 diverter to the hidden ball pass and 4 flippers, It also has a shaker motor. The game have 6 different mission that lead you to the main mission objective , also have 5 games mode. The game can be play with 2 players at the same time in WITH HELP mod with a Xbox controller.(MODE; Classic, CO-OP,WITH HELP,CAREER and BOSS FIGHT)

Game Description: Your primary objective is to destroy the 16 mech enemies that are in the 5 different factions with your mech Cataphract. Each mission takes you to a battle. When you complete a mission you can enter the Mechlab to equip your mech to your liking, you are going to buy what you want according to the C-Bill that you can collect. Yes Your Point Is Your C-Bills and you can choose whether to spend them to be stronger or save them to keep the highest score.

The game has to create up to 5 profile for when you play in Freeplay continue the Career Mode. The game can be played up to 4 players per shift. And as mentioned in the video you can play two players at the same time, a player with the Flipper below and the other controlling the Flipper from above with the Xbox Controller.

Missions:

#1 War Contract, every 15 seconds the target are changing positions, and your duty is to destroy each of them before they destroy your mech.

# 2 Protect the Factories, your duty is to defend the Farmers and their factories, time is against you, in 10 seconds the enemy begins to destroy the factories you should defend. Your duty is to destroy all the target, looking for the target where the enemy is assigned, then you destroy them by sticking to the Kinetic Ball and other target assigned to destroy.

# 3 Industrial Complex, your duty is to break the balance of war. You have to push to make the enemy retract. You will achieve this following a sequence of AIM and Kill. But if you fail, the enemy pushed recovering the land you had won.

# 4 Demolition Contract, destroy enemy base, you are exposed with your mech to the enemy base your first object is to demolish the entire base at 100%.

# 5 Idle Mode. This is a stage between missions or battles. According to your AIM here you can choose what to do. You can try to light the 4 Drop lights and then enter your dropship and prepare your mech for a battle against the mech chosen for you. You can also complete the word Attack to start a Random battle. You can also recharge the reactor using the Spinner to choose a new mission.

Remember to keep the mech in good condition so you can resist all your opponents. Each player will have 3 mech in the dropship to try to destroy all the enemies.

Here is the video description:

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Floydpr:

Hello to everyone, let me present a different way to create Pinball machines. With the power of Unreal Engine and Arduino.
    Description:
    It is a new way to do Pinball. Homebrew Machine. The Hardware is not the traditional and the software are completely different. The sound have a speaker amplifier box and also have a integrated inside Topper in the center on the back box. Everything is control by Arduino and unreal engine with gaming window PC, it have a separate amplifier that it can be connected with Bluetooth and with a 27" screen. It have 5 bumper , 3 spinner, 2 scoop, 8 target,1 kinetic ball target, 8 ball roll switch,4 obt switch, 1 hidden ball pass way, 4 drop targets , 1 diverter to the hidden ball pass and 4 flippers, It also has a shaker motor. The game have 6 different mission that lead you to the main mission objective , also have 5 games mode. The game can be play with 2 players at the same time in WITH HELP mod with a Xbox controller.(MODE; Classic, CO-OP,WITH HELP,CAREER and BOSS FIGHT)
    Game Description: Your primary objective is to destroy the 16 mech enemies that are in the 5 different factions with your mech Cataphract. Each mission takes you to a battle. When you complete a mission you can enter the Mechlab to equip your mech to your liking, you are going to buy what you want according to the C-Bill that you can collect. Yes Your Point Is Your C-Bills and you can choose whether to spend them to be stronger or save them to keep the highest score.
    The game has to create up to 5 profile for when you play in Freeplay continue the Career Mode. The game can be played up to 4 players per shift. And as mentioned in the video you can play two players at the same time, a player with the Flipper below and the other controlling the Flipper from above with the Xbox Controller.
    Missions:
    #1 War Contract, every 15 seconds the target are changing positions, and your duty is to destroy each of them before they destroy your mech.
    # 2 Protect the Factories, your duty is to defend the Farmers and their factories, time is against you, in 10 seconds the enemy begins to destroy the factories you should defend. Your duty is to destroy all the target, looking for the target where the enemy is assigned, then you destroy them by sticking to the Kinetic Ball and other target assigned to destroy.
    # 3 Industrial Complex, your duty is to break the balance of war. You have to push to make the enemy retract. You will achieve this following a sequence of AIM and Kill. But if you fail, the enemy pushed recovering the land you had won.
    # 4 Demolition Contract, destroy enemy base, you are exposed with your mech to the enemy base your first object is to demolish the entire base at 100%.
    # 5 Idle Mode. This is a stage between missions or battles. According to your AIM here you can choose what to do. You can try to light the 4 Drop lights and then enter your dropship and prepare your mech for a battle against the mech chosen for you. You can also complete the word Attack to start a Random battle. You can also recharge the reactor using the Spinner to choose a new mission.
    Remember to keep the mech in good condition so you can resist all your opponents. Each player will have 3 mech in the dropship to try to destroy all the enemies.
    Here is the video description:

Wow.. that's pretty amazing. Looking forward to seeing some gameplay.

#3 1 year ago

There is some serious work and imagination and skill went into that. Can't wait to hear the stir at the pinball expo.

#4 1 year ago

Love the wirforms

#5 1 year ago

I've never thought about a mech based pinball. Looks rad! Nice work. It just needs a Steel Battalion controller to flip with

#6 1 year ago

Mech warrior them is awesome for pinball.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

Wow.. that's pretty amazing. Looking forward to seeing some gameplay.

Thanks for your feedback

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from ripit:

There is some serious work and imagination and skill went into that. Can't wait to hear the stir at the pinball expo.

Thank you for your feedback,

With God willing I will go to the festival in Texas I already signed up!!

https://texaspinball.com/tpf/show-info/

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ribs:

I've never thought about a mech based pinball. Looks rad! Nice work. It just needs a Steel Battalion controller to flip with

Thanks for your feedback, well my favorite game on PC is this and as always I love pinball so here is the result!

#10 1 year ago

Looks incredible! Can’t wait to see some gameplay footage…

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

Thank you for your feedback, the gameplay footage is coming soon.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Mech warrior them is awesome for pinball.

Thank you for you feedback.

Yeah! In each battle, according to the level you are in, it is played in multiball but the balls come out according to the level of difficulty. Every time you give the enemy a Fire power target, you give him damage according to the weapons that you put on your mech. Also every time 30 seconds pass without hitting the enemy mech you receive damage with the maximum fire power that the enemy mech has, also in each ball that you drain, the enemy hits you with the maximum fire power. In other words, the better you prepare your mech, the more damage you can withstand.

In the image, is an example of what you will see on the screen when you are in battle.

Battler display (resized).JPGBattler display (resized).JPG
    #13 1 year ago

This looks absolutely amazing, well done!

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apinjunkie:

This looks absolutely amazing, well done!

Thank you for the feedback.

#15 1 year ago

Very impressive pin, and very professional looking. Quite a feat to keep such a build a secret that long, and hope you will share some photos during the build, so we can see how that progressed. That's definitely a serious candidate for homebrew of the year next year. You just missed the entry for this year, or you'd be in the running. Welcome to the homebrew chnannel! We'll done

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBigg:

Very impressive pin, and very professional looking. Quite a feat to keep such a build a secret that long, and hope you will share some photos during the build, so we can see how that progressed. That's definitely a serious candidate for homebrew of the year next year. You just missed the entry for this year, or you'd be in the running. Welcome to the homebrew chnannel! We'll done

Thanks for your feedback.

Well I've been so focused on completing everything on my own that I didn't even have time to post anything. but I did manage to take some photos of the process.

Here is some picture.

photo_2023-02-24_19-17-20 (resized).jpgphoto_2023-02-24_19-17-20 (resized).jpgphoto_2023-02-24_19-17-28 (resized).jpgphoto_2023-02-24_19-17-28 (resized).jpgphoto_2023-02-24_19-17-33 (resized).jpgphoto_2023-02-24_19-17-33 (resized).jpgphoto_2023-02-24_19-17-37 (resized).jpgphoto_2023-02-24_19-17-37 (resized).jpg

#17 1 year ago

Great work man, looking forward to seeing more, and by the way I posted your video on the custom group on Facebook, if you’re not a member please feel free to join, I’ll post a link. Also, I’m gathering a list of the custom pins and builders that will be at Texas Pinball Festival, there’s several of us so far, let me know if I should include you and your Mech pin and I’ll get it added to the list on the custom group.
    Cheers ~Jake Danzig

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1148598398602739/?ref=share_group_link

Quoted from Floydpr:

Well I've been so focused on completing everything on my own that I didn't even have time to post anything. but I did manage to take some photos of the process.
    Here is some picture.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Floydpr:

Here is some picture.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBigg:

Quoted from Danzig:

Great work man, looking forward to seeing more, and by the way I posted your video on the custom group on Facebook, if you’re not a member please feel free to join, I’ll post a link. Also, I’m gathering a list of the custom pins and builders that will be at Texas Pinball Festival, there’s several of us so far, let me know if I should include you and your Mech pin and I’ll get it added to the list on the custom group.
    Cheers ~Jake Danzig
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1148598398602739/?ref=share_group_link

Thank you for your feedback.

It would be great to be added to that list. Thanks for the invitation.

#19 1 year ago

….wow! Crazy cool, you did an awesome job! This is really impressive!

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

….wow! Crazy cool, you did an awesome job! This is really impressive!

Thank you for the feedback!

#21 1 year ago

I just got to say hell of a project. I consider myself fortunate to have one of your ig-11 toppers for my mando and in my opinion it is far superior to Stern's offering. The build quality, detail and programming are top notch. I can only imagine what an entire machine is going to be like that you poured your heart and soul into. Wish I could make it to Texas to see this first hand. Best of luck in this endeavor.
    Keep flippin

IMG_20220614_140529304 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_140529304 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #22 1 year ago

Hello everyone again, here I made a short video showing a little more detail how this machine is created.

I hope you like it

#23 1 year ago

I'm discovering this project.
    How is it possible for the unreal engine to communicate with the playfield parts ? Trough the arduino ?
    How did you do that ????

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from leeoneil:

I'm discovering this project.
    How is it possible for the unreal engine to communicate with the playfield parts ? Trough the arduino ?
    How did you do that ????

Hello Clermont,

it use a Plugin on unreal engine to read ports on PC. I made a system on unreal to check what port have the Arduino and connected to the rights configuration to receive and send what is requested by unreal. I program all the Arduino to not have any delay and immediately send what is reading to the serial port.

#25 1 year ago

Hello everyone.

Thank you for your bump up! Well, here I prepared a Game play video to teach you more or less how to play and the things it has. Excuse the sound, I had to improvise with what I have! I hope you like it. let me know if you have any questions Thanks!

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Floydpr:

Thank you for your feedback, the gameplay footage is coming soon.

Quoted from LORDDREK:

The Game Play video is ready!! take a look!!

#27 1 year ago

dang - that's quite a gameplay video!! Haven't had time to watch it all, but I love what I've seen. I really like that selection ability at the beginning to play a classic game or boss fight challenge as well. Hope to play this someday!!

#28 1 year ago

I took a video of Floydpr explaining the pretty awesome 2-player co-op mode he put in this @ TPF this morning.

#29 1 year ago

That's cool! Brings back some memories from the mid-90's. Now somebody do a Myth pin. I loved that game!

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

dang - that's quite a gameplay video!! Haven't had time to watch it all, but I love what I've seen. I really like that selection ability at the beginning to play a classic game or boss fight challenge as well. Hope to play this someday!!

Thank you for your feedback.

#31 1 year ago

Hi everyone,

Just want to say thank you to all the amazing feedback and input that you guys are tell about this project. Also to does that meet me on the Texas festival.

Everyone love the machine and love all the potential that have and what now pinball machine can evolve to a next level.

God bless to everyone
    Thank you.

IMG_20230328_115004950_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230328_115004950_HDR (resized).jpg
    #32 1 year ago

You deserved that. I think it should listed in Pinside list of machines especially since it's the best of the year.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from ripit:

You deserved that. I think it should listed in Pinside list of machines especially since it's the best of the year.

Thank you for the feedback,

How can I do that? I don't know much about Pinside.

#34 1 year ago

robin

How do we get this added to the database? This machine is incredible.

#35 1 year ago

Here I want to share the data collected by the great Unreal Engine programming. All the games that the machine achieved in this great Texas pinball festival. The machine had no rest and achieved its goal and returned home with a great prize! Thank you all for your excellent comments.

photo_2023-03-28_23-19-49.jpgphoto_2023-03-28_23-19-49.jpg
    #36 1 year ago

This is amazing, and out of no where, I'm in shock that I just heard about it this morning. Great job!

I would love to know more about your playfield construction. Mostly, what type and thickness of acrylic and plywood you used, and who/how the artwork was applied. From what I heard it is 1/4" acrylic (scratch resistant I assume) and vinyl back-printed attached to underside, and not glued to plywood. With 1/4" acrylic I imagine you had to use thinner than the normal 1/2" plywood for mechs to fit well?

p.s.-I hope PR is for Puerto Rico, I love it there

Again, amazing job!

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from shopguy:

This is amazing, and out of no where, I'm in shock that I just heard about it this morning. Great job!
    I would love to know more about your playfield construction. Mostly, what type and thickness of acrylic and plywood you used, and who/how the artwork was applied. From what I heard it is 1/4" acrylic (scratch resistant I assume) and vinyl back-printed attached to underside, and not glued to plywood. With 1/4" acrylic I imagine you had to use thinner than the normal 1/2" plywood for mechs to fit well?
    p.s.-I hope PR is for Puerto Rico, I love it there
    Again, amazing job!

Hi Shopguy, Thanks for your feedback.
    Well the design is very simple but there are some details that you have to take into account to be able to do it. acrylic is 1/8, and has 1/2 wood altogether. I'm thinking of helping everyone who wants to make a machine the way I engineer it. Later I will give more details of everything. Yes, my nickname has ''pr'' because I'm from Puerto Rico, but I've been in Oklahoma for 12 years!

1 week later
    #38 1 year ago

hi everyone again,
    please check out my new channel for a new way to create homebrew pinball machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-way-to-make-homebrew-pinball-machine#post-7526345

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Floydpr:

The Game Play video is ready!! take a look!!

Incredible! Someone needs to lock you up in a tower and get pinball machines spun out all day long…

#40 1 year ago

I'll take ridiculously awesome themes I never imagined would get made into a pin in a million years for a thousand, Alex.

Seriously, this is awesome work. I haven't gotten a chance to watch the gameplay video yet, but would it be possible to choose one of the Inner Sphere Great Houses (...or Clans...?) at the start of play for different game play, a la Game of Thrones?

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

Incredible! Someone needs to lock you up in a tower and get pinball machines spun out all day long…

It's funny I love my freedom! LOL

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rolpa:

I'll take ridiculously awesome themes I never imagined would get made into a pin in a million years for a thousand, Alex.
    Seriously, this is awesome work. I haven't gotten a chance to watch the gameplay video yet, but would it be possible to choose one of the Inner Sphere Great Houses (...or Clans...?) at the start of play for different game play, a la Game of Thrones?

Thanks for your feedback,

well, yes, all of that can be done. but since I'm the only one working with this machine, I had to make the missions as simple as possible. however the gameplay gives you the sense that you are in a Cataphract and has all the functions of equipping the Mech almost like the original game. But if I had a team of people develop some components of the machine while I write the game code it could become as complex as the game itself.

#43 1 year ago

Hello everyone,

Here in this video I explain how to avoid using insert and demonstrate a way to simplify the construction of the playfield.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Floydpr:

Hello everyone,
    Here in this video I explain how to avoid using insert and demonstrate a way to simplify the construction of the playfield.

Very cool. I've been watching the different vids and have been really interested and even motivated to consider working on mybown home brew.

Just to make sure I understand. Instead of installing actual inserts(and the associated work involved with it) you are printing the playfield on the polycarbonate and letting the polycarbonate be the insert - am I thinking correctly?

Underneath the polycarbonite is still a wooden playfield that only acts as a substrate to mount things to with the polycarbonate on top of it. And of course have the cutouts where inserts would have traditionally been installed but isnt needed due tot he polycarbonite ontop of it.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from davegauth:

Very cool. I've been watching the different vids and have been really interested and even motivated to consider working on mybown home brew.
    Just to make sure I understand. Instead of installing actual inserts(and the associated work involved with it) you are printing the playfield on the polycarbonate and letting the polycarbonate be the insert - am I thinking correctly?
    Underneath the polycarbonite is still a wooden playfield that only acts as a substrate to mount things to with the polycarbonate on top of it. And of course have the cutouts where inserts would have traditionally been installed but isnt needed due tot he polycarbonite ontop of it.

Hello Davegauth,
    YES! you absolutely understand and the best news is you don't need to spend on your own printer or, probably pay about $650 to have just the playfield printed on traditional print. The printing company cuts of different dimensions, this is my measurements and how much it cost me without shipping only the acrylic piece: 1/8 of 1 x Acrylic Photo Print (20.25" x 48") $118.12

#46 1 year ago

hello everyone,

please check this new video. It is another way of how to start making a homebrew machine

#47 1 year ago

Great videos, thanks for sharing!

I also used 1/8" acrylic (normal cheap acrylic from Home Depot), and 1/2" birch plywood for my playfield. All my mechs, including pop bumpers, fit and work fine going through 5/8" of material, so I didn't have to do any special inset routing like you did. Basically, everything was very easy, and no inserts to build or maintain (inserts seem to be the #1 painful maintenance task). My printing will be less than $35 for a vinyl "window cling" reverse printed that I can just easily attach to the underside of the acrylic, and very easy to replace the acrylic and/or artwork as needed. Nothing is glued or coated. I didn't even need to sand the plywood really, just a little around any rough cuts (did all hand cuts, no CNC).

I see no issues with the acrylic. I haven't played enough pinball to really compare it to other machines though, so I'm sure this option isn't for someone that wants a certain feeling or sound of the ball rolling over wood. So far it has held up fine to many air-balls and slams while testing with my coils way overpowered. Even if I have to replace the acrylic every 2 years or 1,000 games, I think I'll be fine with that and happy with the choice, because of how easy and cheap it is to replace (I've basically done it 3 times now, two failed designs/start-overs). I may feel different with a more complex design, with dozens of mechs and ramps/etc to remove -- but who knows, maybe the acrylic will hold up for 5 or 10 years even, with just gentle home use, and kept out of sun.

341141446_6119190161482629_2889558161258909354_n (resized).jpg341141446_6119190161482629_2889558161258909354_n (resized).jpg
    #48 1 year ago

I second the great videos. Really inspiring. The whole build is actually.

I’m kind of saddened that there is not a more central and active forum for homebrew building. But thanks for sharing all you have done to such a great degree!

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from shopguy:

Great videos, thanks for sharing!
    I also used 1/8" acrylic (normal cheap acrylic from Home Depot), and 1/2" birch plywood for my playfield. All my mechs, including pop bumpers, fit and work fine going through 5/8" of material, so I didn't have to do any special inset routing like you did. Basically, everything was very easy, and no inserts to build or maintain (inserts seem to be the #1 painful maintenance task). My printing will be less than $35 for a vinyl "window cling" reverse printed that I can just easily attach to the underside of the acrylic, and very easy to replace the acrylic and/or artwork as needed. Nothing is glued or coated. I didn't even need to sand the plywood really, just a little around any rough cuts (did all hand cuts, no CNC).
    I see no issues with the acrylic. I haven't played enough pinball to really compare it to other machines though, so I'm sure this option isn't for someone that wants a certain feeling or sound of the ball rolling over wood. So far it has held up fine to many air-balls and slams while testing with my coils way overpowered. Even if I have to replace the acrylic every 2 years or 1,000 games, I think I'll be fine with that and happy with the choice, because of how easy and cheap it is to replace (I've basically done it 3 times now, two failed designs/start-overs). I may feel different with a more complex design, with dozens of mechs and ramps/etc to remove -- but who knows, maybe the acrylic will hold up for 5 or 10 years even, with just gentle home use, and kept out of sun.[quoted image]

Exactly, it is a very good implementation. The difference is very minimal to the traditional playfield in terms of how it plays or feels when playing. Among those differences is (it dissolves the sound, I feel that the ball has more grip on the playfield, and it feels that the ball does not have any obstruction, that is, it is softer and smoother. I thought about doing the vinyl behind it, but I analyzed reality of the installation, that to install the vinyl that is aligned perfectly and exactly, it can be difficult and more when you depend on the accuracy or perfection, it can cause many problems. That's why I decided to do what I tell you in this video. https://

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

I second the great videos. Really inspiring. The whole build is actually.
    I’m kind of saddened that there is not a more central and active forum for homebrew building. But thanks for sharing all you have done to such a great degree!

I think there is a Homebrew forum here on Pinside. I have also found several groups on homebrew facebook, this is one of them that I was invited to (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1148598398602739)

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mechwarrior-5-mercenary-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.