(Topic ID: 184422)

Mechanical PONG coffee table

By northerndude

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

13185385d96412fcd5d719d784413829_original (resized).jpg
    bcae129b569c68f351e3768ba11b46b3_original (resized).jpg
    31759B33-DA22-4C43-ACA9-0ED0AC1FB0E2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Wow, has anyone seen this?? My apologies if its been posted about before.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461917284/play-atari-pong-in-your-coffee-table?ref=category_newest

A coffee table made into a PONG game, can buy with coin-op, its licensed, pretty cool! Watch the video and read on....

#3 7 years ago

I am very intrigued by this kickstarter and unit. Is there anyone out there that's thought seriously about buying one? I would definitely do the coin op and the Atari seats. But man, seems like too much as I could try and go find a Pin with that dough! lol

Could it ever have low enough units made where this is a lucky investment or opportunity?

1 week later
    #7 7 years ago

I got in today. Can't believe I did it, i'm excited but I also don't what the hell to think. I think it will be a super neat thing to toss in the game room near the pins etc. The cost isn't outrageous I don't think, there is a $990 deal on right now if you are referred. I put the coin op ad-on of course.

I have been messaging with the creator for a while now, they seem serious about the project, genuinely excited about the unit they are putting out, that helped put me over the top to decide.

#11 7 years ago

there is probably no game other than Pong that could be incorporated into an actual mechanical "live" game though.

You can Bluetooth the phone to it for tunes, it's all LED' up, I'm impressed

#13 7 years ago

HA, cool man. Yes for sure. I will message the creator Gerardo, if
    you want to send/pm me your real name, I will fire it off to him and you just pick that owl pledge. If you add your shipping cost in and mention to them you did, it will help out getting it funded. They will know.

#21 7 years ago

Funded!

#23 7 years ago

You can change your pledge. Change it and message them that you have a referral. I'm sure nman will do right by ya.

3 weeks later
    #26 6 years ago

What model/color you guys take?

I went Classic, had to

7 months later
    #34 6 years ago

I am assuming they had a huge response in Orlando and found that their MRSP was low for the industry. I am in contact still with the Kickstarter creator and they are happy with everything. They also have partnered with another amusement company to solidify their game

#36 6 years ago

That's why

Quoted from tbanthony: I wish them well; hope I get to see one someday but guessing the cool factor would wear off quickly if I owned one. .

That's why I got mine loaded with the coin mech and the "original" cabinet so if i'm not that interested in the end, I can sell.

You never know, the family might have a blast with it

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Doesn't seem like I can get one ordered on kickstarter. maybe I am doing something wrong. Can anyone here refer me for the special or because they are looking at changing their pricing model am I screwed?

The Kickstarter was finished last march or so.

You could only go right to the Pong website and try a "pre-order" now maybe?

*EDit- My bad, they must have pulled the pre-order link since they changed the mrsp

3 months later
    #48 6 years ago

Probably in May

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

They had these at TPF. Very cool, but I personally feel they are overpriced. I would be in at about $1500 tops.

I got in at $975 or so

Quoted from bkbirge:

Needs leg room on the shorter sides. But man, looks so cool.

Well... it is supposed to be a coffee table

2 months later
    #53 5 years ago

We're getting closer! Manufacturing going well, just another delay with getting them out to us, i'm a little cheezed at the delay, but i'd rather have a solid product than a corner cutting pos.

13185385d96412fcd5d719d784413829_original (resized).jpg13185385d96412fcd5d719d784413829_original (resized).jpgbcae129b569c68f351e3768ba11b46b3_original (resized).jpgbcae129b569c68f351e3768ba11b46b3_original (resized).jpg
    7 months later
    #54 5 years ago

My PONG should be droppped off in my driveway on Monday!!! (Tomorrow)

Finally
    The family will be pumped!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mechanical-pong-coffee-table?tu=northerndude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.