(Topic ID: 67092)

Meanwhile, back at Stern: ST starfield info, please?

By Craig

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Part_3
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Braddock.jpg
image-10.jpg
image-45.jpg
image-354.jpg
MooseKnuckle.jpeg
7-of-9-star-trek-voyager-3982394-800-600.jpg
STARS.gif
shanigans.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Laser PLEASE! I will have my LE next Wed. anyway so I can wait a few days.

lol...

No you wont.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

So nobody at the Expo has seen the starfield actually working? Really is a bummer...

How would we?

We didnt even see a LE machine actually working.

#20 10 years ago

Wanna make a bet that I will have mine by the end of next week?

Yep.

#24 10 years ago

Wanna make a bet that I will have mine by the end of next week?

Man, I dont even want to take your money, because I actually feel sorry for you. If you truly believe or was told by someone that there is a LE in a box... working and on it's way to you... well honestly you are about to have bigger problems than paying me the money you bet.

It will come yes... maybe even in the next 30 days... but not next week. Not Wednesday. Nope. Not going to happen. 100% chance. No way. Nope.

Im telling you.... ive seen it...ive touched it... and I have talked to everyone involved...

No machine is coming to you next week.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Any chance remaining to ask Stern employees directly? The timetable has a direct effect on my decision. Thanks.

As a matter of fact I did.

The LE is delayed due to design changes. They said they are confident that they will have it on the line being assembled within 3 weeks.

#95 10 years ago

That Bakushan guy was being kinda rude "feeling sorry for me" so in this particular case I don't mind rubbing it in, just for him.

The name is Jared.

I admire your confidence.

And actually: I hope it works out well for you.

But my sources at Stern are more reliable than your sources outside of Stern. And I am just telling you: you are not getting your machine in 7 days. Or 14 days.

But thats cool! I hope I am wrong! I will put my foot in my mouth and lick my toes.

Just trying to keep it real my man.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Can you find out when the Metallica code is coming?

Ya know, I had a slam dunk opportunity to ask Gary himself about Stern and code in general during his 3pm session at Expo... but after seeing how well he answered questions without answering them (if he choose) I realized that I would be outclassed. Instead I asked that given the current market for a MMR, would Stern consider re-releasing some of their "greatest hits". He said they had production scheduled for the next 18 months with no room for additional titles, but they wouldn't rule it out totally...

#99 10 years ago

That's weird it wasn't outside Stern. I called Stern and that is what they told me, why would they lie?? Anyways I hope it's true, I can't wait to get my hands on it! If not it will be a pity.

Seriously, I hope you do too man. I really do.

I would bet on end of October or 1st week of November, with orders going out to Australia first.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Hey Jared, I really enjoyed your Expo coverage... I spent a large part of my weekend watching your live feeds. Thanks man!

Next time I will be better prepared. Bigger camera (with zoom) and real audio equipment.

Of course, I think Expo ought to live-stream their own event anyways... but in case they decide not to, I will be here to help out pinside members. It was fun turning on the camera.

Made a few people mad.... oh well.

#210 10 years ago

Ha, you'll be eating these words at the end of the week when I'm playing my STLE like I said I would be

Well? Did it arrive?

#222 10 years ago

Nope, Stern told me they were still waiting on parts but I'm sure you read my post two days ago about it. But once again you just had to post a dick response you're so well know for. You can go back to "feeling sorry for me" because lord knows how much value I place in what you think.

Actually...

I never read your post from the other day. Had no idea you made it until just now when you quoted it.

Sorry about your luck. I had actually hoped I was wrong.

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Isn't that what the marketing department is for? I wouldn't expect the assembly workers to start swaning around like film crew "luvies" (jk btw Ted) shouting "cut" and "that's a wrap" but I would expect a marketing dept to do some....er...marketing.

Their department is a single person...

I'm also in marketing... Been at it for 10 year and worked with some major companies.

I always said if I met the marketing director of stern I would give him an earful...

When I finally met him, he was extremely cool... And I had no desire to bring up any drama. We smoked cigar and talked for more than an hour. Interesting conversation to say the least...

Let's just say that it ain't easy being cheesy.

image-10.jpgimage-10.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meanwhile-back-at-stern-st-starfield-info-please?tu=jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.