(Topic ID: 67092)

Meanwhile, back at Stern: ST starfield info, please?

By Craig

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Part_3
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Braddock.jpg
image-10.jpg
image-45.jpg
image-354.jpg
MooseKnuckle.jpeg
7-of-9-star-trek-voyager-3982394-800-600.jpg
STARS.gif
shanigans.jpg
image.jpg
There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 10 years ago

It's all how you look at. For me, I enjoy the time leading up to the release. It's fun looking at the images trying to figure out what it will do when complete. Is Stern perfect? Heck no! However, I really appreciate that they continue to crank out pinball machines. I haven't met a pinball machine that I haven't liked. Anyway, smile, it's just pinball.

Someone help me out, is there a link to the "$6 baby hypnotizer"? I couldn't find anything after a google search.

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

LOL. Whatever.
Dream what you want.
USB update wasn't innovative. Natural progression.

No dreams, just fact checks.

You lose, Braddock!

#203 10 years ago

One internet tough-guy sending copyright infringement threats halfway around the world while not producing one machine can hardly be considered a pinball manufacturer.

Quoted from cal50:

Remember the Wayne / MM remake ?

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

One internet tough-guy sending copyright infringement threats halfway around the world while not producing one machine can hardly be considered a pinball manufacturer.

I don't know of anyone that did or does consider him a manufacturer.

#205 10 years ago

I hear the star field projector can be removed and used as a nose hair trimmer...... So that's a plus.

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I hear the star field projector can be removed and used as a nose hair trimmer...... So that's a plus.

Is it too much to ask to see the trimmer in action before the machines ship. I mean come on!

#207 10 years ago

No can do buddy. But Stern will mail you some partially sanitized, nose hairs if you doubt it's nasal trimming abilities.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Its also rumored to remove Klingon's around Uranus if sat upon.

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Someone help me out, is there a link to the "$6 baby hypnotizer"? I couldn't find anything after a google search.

Direct from China:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Turtle-LED-Night-Light-Music-Lights-Mini-Projector-4-Colors-4-Songs-Star-Lamp-Xmas-Gift/1388132155.html

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Ha, you'll be eating these words at the end of the week when I'm playing my STLE like I said I would be

Well? Did it arrive?

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

No dreams, just fact checks.
You lose, Braddock!

Did you quote a Chuck Norris movie?

#212 10 years ago

Duplicate

#213 10 years ago

Okay, so the laser doohickey is approved. Now can someone tell us what it does and when it does it?

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Well? Did it arrive?

I think he is going to be quite for a few weeks.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Okay, so the laser doohickey is approved. Now can someone tell us what it does and when it does it?

nobody knows.
i'm guessing playfield go black, wondering spinning dots/similar on the playfield or different images (see spinning wheel behind the apron) depending on what you hit.

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Well? Did it arrive?

Nope, Stern told me they were still waiting on parts but I'm sure you read my post two days ago about it. But once again you just had to post a dick response you're so well know for. You can go back to "feeling sorry for me" because lord knows how much value I place in what you think.

I will admit defeat on this.
Stern called me today and said they are still waiting on parts to complete STLE so it will likely be another week or two, damn. I just have to put it out of my mind until it arrives, but it is also all I can think about right now.

#217 10 years ago

Hold up.
If you post this "Ha, you'll be eating these words at the end of the week when I'm playing my STLE like I said I would be"
To the guy that tells you he was literally right at the factory, then no matter what you post he gets to call you on it. That's not dickish its just fair ; )

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Hold up.
If you post this "Ha, you'll be eating these words at the end of the week when I'm playing my STLE like I said I would be"
To the guy that tells you he was literally right at the factory, then no matter what you post he gets to call you on it. That's not dickish its just fair ; )

If you read his original response to me about "feeling sorry for me", that was a total dick response made with no tact. Normally I wouldn't post something like you quoted above but for that guy it seemed necessary. I got that info from Stern so I figured it would be correct, now I know not to believe anyone until it is in my hands, another newb lesson learned. Anyway I made a post two days ago (which you can see above) admitting I was wrong, there was no need for the comment he posted. He once again he was using no tact and stirring the proverbial pot. I know how things go like this on pinside if you feed the instigators it never stops and can even become it's own thread so it will be my last post on the matter, say what you will, it won't really matter to me anyway.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

People keep asking about this like it is some big deal or a huge mystery, but I think the safe answer in terms of not having high expectations and setting yourself up for disappointment is to say that it will shine little dots of light on the playfield.

What more can it really be expected to do beyond that?

#220 10 years ago

so it will be my last post on the matter, say what you will, it won't really matter to me anyway.

Taking it all way to seriously. Relax, and more importantly we are all pulling for your game to land. Dying to see it!

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Taking it all way to seriously. Relax, and more importantly we are all pulling for your game to land. Dying to see it!

Me too. Trust me I have a small collection and I need something new to play.

#222 10 years ago

Nope, Stern told me they were still waiting on parts but I'm sure you read my post two days ago about it. But once again you just had to post a dick response you're so well know for. You can go back to "feeling sorry for me" because lord knows how much value I place in what you think.

Actually...

I never read your post from the other day. Had no idea you made it until just now when you quoted it.

Sorry about your luck. I had actually hoped I was wrong.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Actually...
I never read your post from the other day. Had no idea you made it until just now when you quoted it.
Sorry about your luck. I had actually hoped I was wrong.

Sorry Jared, I thought you read my post about being wrong and was being a jerk about it. My mistake, I hope it comes soon too.

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

People keep asking about this like it is some big deal or a huge mystery, but I think the safe answer in terms of not having high expectations and setting yourself up for disappointment is to say that it will shine little dots of light on the playfield.

Sounds right. I had hoped to be dazzled by this pin, and so far I am not. That's not to say that it isn't fun. I am confident that it is.

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agreed! I would too as it also gives more time to the programmers to get better release code. But I just don't see them or any company sitting on 50+/games a day while they shoot and edit videos.

Isn't that what the marketing department is for? I wouldn't expect the assembly workers to start swaning around like film crew "luvies" (jk btw Ted) shouting "cut" and "that's a wrap" but I would expect a marketing dept to do some....er...marketing.

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Isn't that what the marketing department is for? I wouldn't expect the assembly workers to start swaning around like film crew "luvies" (jk btw Ted) shouting "cut" and "that's a wrap" but I would expect a marketing dept to do some....er...marketing.

Their department is a single person...

I'm also in marketing... Been at it for 10 year and worked with some major companies.

I always said if I met the marketing director of stern I would give him an earful...

When I finally met him, he was extremely cool... And I had no desire to bring up any drama. We smoked cigar and talked for more than an hour. Interesting conversation to say the least...

Let's just say that it ain't easy being cheesy.

image-10.jpgimage-10.jpg

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Their department is a single person...
Let's just say that it ain't easy being cheesy.

Yeah also depends on budget as well eh, I'm sure he is doing the best he can given his brief. Stern were/are recruiting quite a few roles a little while ago iirc so they must be doing allright, did he mention expansion at all?

I work for a global telecommunications organisation and lets just say the marketing budget outweighs even the technology one by a fair distance The marketing guys call the shots when brand is perceived as everything which is why its strange he is a marketing team of just one.

Cool pic btw.

#228 10 years ago

I hope the starfield will be working and coded into the game when games start shipping.

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

I think you missed my point. I was saying that they just won't sit around waiting for a 'real film crew' til they can continue making pins. If they keep making pins but don't ship them, where are they going to put all those pins?

1 week later
#230 10 years ago

<Crickets>

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think you missed my point. I was saying that they just won't sit around waiting for a 'real film crew' til they can continue making pins. If they keep making pins but don't ship them, where are they going to put all those pins?

Just get out an iphone and hit record. I am sure plenty of employees have them and show us what it does. Asking to be shown what the features of a pin will be for one costing $6500-$8100 is not asking too much IMO. Show us what you are working with so we can make an informed decision one way or the other.

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Just get out an iphone and hit record. I am sure plenty of employees have them and show us what it does. Asking to be shown what the features of a pin will be for one costing $6500-$8100 is not asking too much IMO. Show us what you are working with so we can make an informed decision one way or the other.

+1

Jason abides......

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Did you quote a Chuck Norris movie?

Yup!

Braddock.jpgBraddock.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meanwhile-back-at-stern-st-starfield-info-please/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.