(Topic ID: 67092)

Meanwhile, back at Stern: ST starfield info, please?

By Craig

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Part_3
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Braddock.jpg
image-10.jpg
image-45.jpg
image-354.jpg
MooseKnuckle.jpeg
7-of-9-star-trek-voyager-3982394-800-600.jpg
STARS.gif
shanigans.jpg
image.jpg

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

So glad I went Pro and I don't imagine that version in my home for much time. Poor SR took it in arse on this game. He already said he had no support from the studios etc.
Its obvious this ones a punt.
Don't say I did not warn you guys...

Not following you. You say the studios were no support yet you bought the pro anyways.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

ot following you. You say the studios were no support yet you bought the pro anyways.

I bought it before I read the latest stuff.

#53 6 years ago

from steves facebook

Steve Ritchie : Watch for code updates on the Stern Website! The code you have is a bit sparse. Lots of new stuff is coming forth quickly, and updates will be available as soon we can get the code checked out. The female voice is the ST Computer Voice lady! All the movie speech is available to us from ST 2009 and STID.

September 27 at 5:13pm · Like · 3

how can he say no support from the studios?

isn't UL approval for the devices in the machines not the machine itself

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

from steves facebook
Steve Ritchie : Watch for code updates on the Stern Website! The code you have is a bit sparse. Lots of new stuff is coming forth quickly, and updates will be available as soon we can get the code checked out. The female voice is the ST Computer Voice lady! All the movie speech is available to us from ST 2009 and STID.

Exactly what I was thinking. They can pull anything from the movies.

#55 6 years ago

from steves facebook

UL approval is for the lasers.

#56 6 years ago

I was watching the laser show on the floor at the cointaker booth. If it looks that cool on the playfield, I will be happy.

#57 6 years ago

I bet they got stopped by the laser police.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I bet they got stopped by the laser police.

Those bastards.

image.jpg
#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

UL approval is for the lasers.

but wouldn't that mean that they made a laser... and not used a premade laser that was already ul approved? I call shananagins

#60 6 years ago

but wouldn't that mean that they made a laser... and not used a premade laser that was already ul approved? I call shananagins

Shananagins great place to eat buy I never had enough flair when I worked there...

shanigans.jpg
#61 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Those bastards.

image.jpg 35 KB

I actually laughed when Alex said that the laser might be an issue last month. Turns out he might not have been joking.

#62 6 years ago

Depends on the CLASS of laser they have in the pin.
If it's ?Class 1M lasers? they can ship with just a warning label. If it's anything more and they have issues.
http://www.rli.com/resources/articles/classification.aspx

I was gonna say something about that before... but I'm no expert.
I'm thinking about using IR lasers in my Mirror universe... but I was leary given the "laser safety" my day job required me to take.

#63 6 years ago

If they can put laser dots coming out of a turtle, I think they can put dots onto a playfield.

#64 6 years ago

All the playfield parts disappear (move underneath the playfield).
The game turns dark and the starfield appears across the entire playfield.
Romulan space ship appears on the top, moving back and fourth.
Multi ball
you have to shoot it 3 times, then it explodes.

gonna be the most bad ass thing ever!!

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Anyone interested in 17th-19th century British topographical prints? I didn't think so! Hmmm...

Uh, actually, if you PM me the info, I have a friend who is a professional cartographer. You never know... I can pass the info along to him.

#66 6 years ago

Thanks, Frax. I am out of the country but can pursue this a bit later when I am back. I don't have many maps, though. The two best are from 1611 and are gorgeous and beautifully framed. The two together would pay for only about half an $8k pinball machine. Most of my prints are topographical (landscapes, buildings, city views, etc.), although I do have quite a few original Civil War prints and Hogarth engravings. Our house is one big art gallery, which I love, but I have more than I can use.

#67 6 years ago

So it looks like business as usual at Stern. I guess we will have to wait till they build and ship an STLE to get any play video. Man that sucks.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If they can put laser dots coming out of a turtle, I think they can put dots onto a playfield.

Meh - If they SAY it's a laser it must be.
I'm guessing they are just really bright LEDs. I've never seen these animals IRL; so not sure.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Man, I dont even want to take your money, because I actually feel sorry for you. If you truly believe or was told by someone that there is a LE in a box... working and on it's way to you... well honestly you are about to have bigger problems than paying me the money you bet.
It will come yes... maybe even in the next 30 days... but not next week. Not Wednesday. Nope. Not going to happen. 100% chance. No way. Nope.
Im telling you.... ive seen it...ive touched it... and I have talked to everyone involved...
No machine is coming to you next week.

Ha, you'll be eating these words at the end of the week when I'm playing my STLE like I said I would be

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Ha, you'll be eating these words at the end of the week when I'm playing my STLE like I said I would be

Didn't you say it would be Wednesday?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Didn't you it would be Wednesday?

Nope I said I'd get back to him Friday on it afterwords You know how shipping works.

#72 6 years ago

Oh, ok

Laser PLEASE! I will have my LE next Wed. anyway so I can wait a few days.

#73 6 years ago

Ok. I'll post back next Friday whether I have it or not on this thread.

This post came shortly after

But in all reality I'm working Friday and my distributor is half a days drive from me so it will be Saturday night for me but everyone else will be friday

#74 6 years ago

Nice work Quarter. Even I thought you were being a little optimistic about getting your STLE this week but I have seen the light!
You'll have to post pics/video, and a review ASAP!

#75 6 years ago

Ok, it's cool, I'm just giving you a hard time I hope you're right.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Ok, it's cool, I'm just giving you a hard time I hope you're right.

I know for a fact Stern is shipping to my distributor this Thursday so I guess it depends on shipping at this point but usually it can reach my distributor in Toronto in one day so Friday. Fingers crossed. That Bakushan guy was being kinda rude "feeling sorry for me" so in this particular case I don't mind rubbing it in, just for him.

#77 6 years ago

I don't see how stern is moving LE's to Canada this week when they hadnt started making a single one as of Thursday last week. The machine looked beautiful, but there was not one single shred of LE parts pieces or playfields anywhere to be found, aside from the single demo machine.

The first machines off the line typically end up in Australia and Europe if I'm not mistaken as by the time they arrive, North America is ready for a simultaneous unboxing. Until we hear of Australia being shipped theirs I find it hard to believe Canada is getting squat.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I don't see how stern is moving LE's to Canada this week when they hadnt started making a single one as of Thursday last week. The machine looked beautiful, but there was not one single shred of LE parts pieces or playfields anywhere to be found, aside from the single demo machine.
The first machines off the line typically end up in Australia and Europe if I'm not mistaken as by the time they arrive, North America is ready for a simultaneous unboxing. Until we hear of Australia being shipped theirs I find it hard to believe Canada is getting squat.

All I can say is call Stern tomorrow. Unless Stern lied to me. Which I doubt. I heard this directly from Stern.

#79 6 years ago

All I can say is call Stern tomorrow. Unless Stern lied to me. Which I doubt. I heard this directly from Stern.

Interesting. So they couldn't come up with a single example to bring to show and counter the MM repro blitzkrieg (which they knew was coming) but they have competed versions on their way to Canada. Something's wrong with this picture.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Interesting. So they couldn't come up with a single example to bring to show and counter the MM repro blitzkrieg (which they knew was coming) but they have competed versions on their way to Canada. Something's wrong with this picture.

Why couldn't they start production Monday?? Anyway call them to confirm or not. If I am wrong it will only be because Stern themselves gave me the wrong info.

#81 6 years ago

Unless Stern lied to me. Which I doubt.

I got five on it.

#82 6 years ago

Again as mentioned to go from not one working version to show to shipping is either not real or at worst concerning.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Again as mentioned to go from not one working version to show to shipping is either not real or at worst concerning.

This is true. Do they have any other facilities they manufacture at??

#84 6 years ago

From the sound of it I am now expecting my STLE might be coming in the end of November instead of the end of October. No big deal. I'm moving in early December. Maybe they can wait a couple more weeks an save me a move and I'll get even better software out of the box.

#85 6 years ago

In one of the videos from the tour in response to a question about when STLE will begin production, a Stern employee can be heard to say, "Next week. Monday should be a big day for us." It's a little hard to hear, but that's what it sounds like. Would that give them enough time to get it to Ottawa? Quicker than they reach me without crossing an international border.

#86 6 years ago

It makes sense that they could retool over the weekend and start le production this week.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

In one of the videos from the tour in response to a question about when STLE will begin production, a Stern employee can be heard to say, "Next week. Monday should be a big day for us." It's a little hard to hear, but that's what it sounds like. Would that give them enough time to get it to Ottawa? Quicker than they reach me without crossing an international border.

I am driving to Toronto which is half a days drive for me just to get it a few days early, that's how eager I am. So from Chicago to Toronto is usually one day delivery. If they ship Thursday like they told me then it would be in Toronto on Friday. Frolic will be the first to play as it is in his backyard. I will have to wait until Saturday.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

You might get yours first living in the States. All I know is the Canadian shipping dates.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

You might get yours first living in the States. All I know is the Canadian shipping dates.

#90 6 years ago

We [a distributor] had a private tour and got to check out the LE. They turned it on for us but told us it is still unplayable and that the laser units had not arrived yet that sit above the outhole.

Highly doubt any LE's ship for a couple weeks at least.

The left lock kickout is pretty cool how it can kick the ball out 2 different ways and I thought the head looked SPECTACULAR all lit up blue on the sides.

I was stuck in Chicago and closed down expo, so I got to put about 2 hours of play on the pro. kept making me hit the start button and it seems like the pro is feature packed already.
can't wait to play an LE.
D

#91 6 years ago

I was at Starburst today, told them they will be keeping my STLE until Stern tells me what the f'n laser thing does. Even then, I still may bail on it. Btw, when your there, check out the balls in the pro in the showroom. They are dimpled like golf balls.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

I was at Starburst today, told them they will be keeping my STLE until Stern tells me what the f'n laser thing does. Even then, I still may bail on it. Btw, when your there, check out the balls in the pro in the showroom. They are dimpled like golf balls.

Typical Starburst. You have a sweet collection though.

#93 6 years ago

Aside from the fact that many of us were told in person less than a week ago that it would be a few weeks before LE's shipped, I still think you are being overly optimistic. Yes, they could start LE production today, and they would maybe have 100 machines ready to ship for Wednesday (based on the 20-50 machines a day number I was told in person - I'm assuming production on a brand new run goes slower than the high of 50) and like I said before, the first areas to get shipments have historically been AUS and EUR because it takes a few weeks for the boats to get there. Then when the North Americans get their machines, AUS and EUR players get theirs as well.

Don't see how in the world this will happen for you, but I hope it does. Can't wait to see this thing fired up and playing - it looked unreal in attract mode.

#94 6 years ago

Sorry - but I call Bullsh1t.
There is ZERO reason for the Lasers to be "late". VUK redesign... ok.
Those fuxer can't even plan manufacturing schedules?!

#95 6 years ago

That Bakushan guy was being kinda rude "feeling sorry for me" so in this particular case I don't mind rubbing it in, just for him.

The name is Jared.

I admire your confidence.

And actually: I hope it works out well for you.

But my sources at Stern are more reliable than your sources outside of Stern. And I am just telling you: you are not getting your machine in 7 days. Or 14 days.

But thats cool! I hope I am wrong! I will put my foot in my mouth and lick my toes.

Just trying to keep it real my man.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

The name is Jared.
But my sources at Stern are more reliable than your sources outside of Stern. And I am just telling you: you are not getting your machine in 7 days. Or 14 days.
But thats cool! I hope I am wrong! I will put my foot in my mouth and lick my toes.

Can you find out when the metallica code is coming?

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Can you find out when the Metallica code is coming?

Ya know, I had a slam dunk opportunity to ask Gary himself about Stern and code in general during his 3pm session at Expo... but after seeing how well he answered questions without answering them (if he choose) I realized that I would be outclassed. Instead I asked that given the current market for a MMR, would Stern consider re-releasing some of their "greatest hits". He said they had production scheduled for the next 18 months with no room for additional titles, but they wouldn't rule it out totally...

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

The name is Jared.

That's weird it wasn't outside Stern. I called Stern and that is what they told me, why would they lie?? Anyways I hope it's true, I can't wait to get my hands on it! If not it will be a pity.

#99 6 years ago

That's weird it wasn't outside Stern. I called Stern and that is what they told me, why would they lie?? Anyways I hope it's true, I can't wait to get my hands on it! If not it will be a pity.

Seriously, I hope you do too man. I really do.

I would bet on end of October or 1st week of November, with orders going out to Australia first.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Ya know, I had a slam dunk opportunity to ask Gary himself about Stern and code in general during his 3pm session at Expo... but after seeing how well he answered questions without answering them (if he choose) I realized that I would be outclassed. Instead I asked that given the current market for a MMR, would Stern consider re-releasing some of their "greatest hits". He said they had production scheduled for the next 18 months with no room for additional titles, but they wouldn't rule it out totally...

I was nearly asleep by that point. What a waste of an expo session that was.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside