(Topic ID: 67092)

Meanwhile, back at Stern: ST starfield info, please?

By Craig

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Part_3
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Braddock.jpg
image-10.jpg
image-45.jpg
image-354.jpg
MooseKnuckle.jpeg
7-of-9-star-trek-voyager-3982394-800-600.jpg
STARS.gif
shanigans.jpg
image.jpg

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

I know that the MM and now Big Lebowski surprise launches have sucked all of the oxygen out of the room, but I am asking those of you who go to Stern's session today to see if you can find out anything more about the Star Trek LE and premium. In particular, what does the starfield projector do and when does it do it? (The revised production schedule would also be helpful.) Very sorry I can't be there with you, and thanks in advance for any news you can pass on!

#2 6 years ago

Show us the laser!

#3 6 years ago

What did they do sweep Star Trek LE under the rug and hope we forget about it.
They really need a new PR department, that's not the way to sell a pin.
I want to see what I have bought and I want to know when it will be delivered.
Is that too much to ask?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

They really need a new PR department

Certainly seems that way. We are truly moving out of the "If you build it, [they] will come" era. Stern needs to be more proactive about marketing.

#5 6 years ago

PPS pretty much trumped anything happening at the Expo this year. I actually forgot about the STLE projector thinging.

What's amazing is how fast 8 Million dollars (and more with the MM standard) just got dumped into the Pinball community

#6 6 years ago

Essentially no ST Info / discussion in Gary's session.

#7 6 years ago

Yeah, I got back in time to watch the video stream. Nothing there at all, sadly. I really had hoped to learn something that would make my buying decision easier. I was wanting to be encouraged, but no encouragement came.

#8 6 years ago

Laser PLEASE! I will have my LE next Wed. anyway so I can wait a few days.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I will have my LE next Wed. anyway

Really? I thought Steve Ritchie said that they "were not ready for prime time." It sounded as though it would be at least November before they were built. That's why I have been asking for someone to ask Stern about their production schedule.

#10 6 years ago

When did you get this date??

#11 6 years ago

I thought you were going with the pro?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Really? I thought Steve Ritchie said that they "were not ready for prime time." It sounded as though it would be at least November before they were built. That's why I have been asking for someone to ask Stern about their production schedule.

Well There is a truck load of LE's on it's way to Canada as we speak. I don't know about the States?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I thought you were going with the pro?

I went back and forth, then back again, then forth again and annoyed the shit out of everyone until I decided that the LE is just too beautiful to pass up!

#14 6 years ago

lol...

No you wont.

#15 6 years ago

I went back and forth, then back again, then forth again and annoyed the shit out of everyone until I decided that the LE is just too beautiful to pass up!

Yeah, I saw that, just thought the final decision was the pro

#16 6 years ago

So nobody at the Expo has seen the starfield actually working? Really is a bummer...

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

So nobody at the Expo has seen the starfield actually working? Really is a bummer...

How would we?

We didnt even see a LE machine actually working.

#18 6 years ago

Well There is a truck load of LE's on it's way to Canada as we speak.

Now I am even more confused. How can that possibly be true?

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

lol...
No you wont.

Wanna make a bet that I will have mine by the end of next week?

#20 6 years ago

Yep.

#21 6 years ago

I think I'm gonna have to side with Bakushan on this one, it didn't sound like it was ready to go at all. Didn't they say production of the LE wouldn't even start until next week? That would be a super fast turn around

#22 6 years ago

Ok. I'll post back next Friday whether I have it or not on this thread.

#23 6 years ago

Any chance remaining to ask Stern employees directly? The timetable has a direct effect on my decision. Thanks.

#24 6 years ago

Man, I dont even want to take your money, because I actually feel sorry for you. If you truly believe or was told by someone that there is a LE in a box... working and on it's way to you... well honestly you are about to have bigger problems than paying me the money you bet.

It will come yes... maybe even in the next 30 days... but not next week. Not Wednesday. Nope. Not going to happen. 100% chance. No way. Nope.

Im telling you.... ive seen it...ive touched it... and I have talked to everyone involved...

No machine is coming to you next week.

#25 6 years ago

in the factory pics they weren't even making them. unless there is a sub-factory

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Any chance remaining to ask Stern employees directly? The timetable has a direct effect on my decision. Thanks.

As a matter of fact I did.

The LE is delayed due to design changes. They said they are confident that they will have it on the line being assembled within 3 weeks.

#27 6 years ago

Thanks. Please let me know (PM is fine) if you learn anything more. I will be back home in a couple of weeks, and it would be really helpful if I could put this off at least until then.

#28 6 years ago

Not sure why so much focus on this feature... I'm sure it'll look cool and it won't involve an actual laser.

#29 6 years ago

Was Stern pinball at the expo? Wtf.....

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Not sure why so much focus on this feature... I'm sure it'll look cool and it won't involve an actual laser.

Because they announced the pin and it's features sold the pin and buyers still have no idea what the feature will look like. IMO buyers deserve to know exactly what they are getting on such an expensive item.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Not sure why so much focus on this feature...

It seemed like it was hyped early on, which was odd because we have never even seen it described, much less seen it work. Then we lost the original VUK design, which I liked a lot. It would be nice if someone from Stern were out front explaining and thus selling this thing instead of leaving us all to wonder.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Craig this is true. The prototype delivered to my house this morning was incredible ! However someone put a military chip in the laser , hit the fire button , beam completely discentriigrated the ship and blew a 2 inch hole
through the back box, wow that's power! LOL. If you get MM , come and play my STLE. As it turns out there are
only 799 STLEs but 1,000 MMLEs . Pick one it's all good, both great.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

If you get MM , come and play my STLE.

Thanks. I am hoping that I still have a couple of weeks to mull this over. I was all ready to stick with the LE (which looks great, by the way) until the MM remake was announced. I really like MM and don't see how I can pass that up. So the remaining question is whether I can possibly justify buying both. Already, I am calculating what I might sell to compensate for the huge outlay. Anyone interested in 17th-19th century British topographical prints? I didn't think so! Hmmm...

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Craig this is true. The prototype delivered to my house this morning was incredible ! However someone put a military chip in the laser , hit the fire button , beam completely discentriigrated the ship and blew a 2 inch hole
through the back box, wow that's power! LOL. If you get MM , come and play my STLE. As it turns out there are
only 799 STLEs but 1,000 MMLEs . Pick one it's all good, both great.

Wow any pics

#35 6 years ago

How would you be able to get your game next week if they don't even have a working machine at the expo? That's strange.

#36 6 years ago

Steve Ritchie told me on the tour that the LEs haven't started production yet "because it's not quite ready for prime time".

No way is one in transit to Canada or anywhere else.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

When I asked Steve about it at the launch party last night he said they were waiting for UL approval.

#38 6 years ago

My distributor just told me last night my STLE will be here late next week. Doesn't seem likely, but that's what I was told. Problem is, without enough info, I'm not sure I want it.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

My distributor just told me last night my STLE will be here late next week.

They may honestly have believed that...

#40 6 years ago

After all the hammer, magnet,drop target issues with Metallica I think you should be happy they rework this for a month. Trust me you dont want to be a guinea pig.

P.S. Everybody forgot all about laserbeams it seems.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

My distributor just told me last night my STLE will be here late next week. Doesn't seem likely, but that's what I was told. Problem is, without enough info, I'm not sure I want it.

So you got the same news from Starburst (Cineplex) as I did then.

#42 6 years ago

So you got the same news from Starburst (Cineplex) as I did then.

Yep.

#43 6 years ago

I hope it is true. I really really hope it is true.

#44 6 years ago

Okay I'm not saying they are shipping next week but one tidbit that Gary hit on again and again in his speech was the fact that Stern has hired and has a MUCH larger work force to build pins and are booked up for production over the next year and a half.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Stern has hired and has a MUCH larger work force to build pins and ate booked up for production over the next year and a half.

unless they plan on building games for PPs they may be just standing around : o

#46 6 years ago

QuarterGrabber, I do have to point out your same source told you the laser was removed from the game. We'll get our games, just not next week.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

QuarterGrabber, I do have to point out your same source told you the laser was removed from the game. We'll get our games, just not next week.

True.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I know that the MM and now Big Lebowski surprise launches have sucked all of the oxygen out of the room

Talk about sensory overload!

WHAT BIG LEBOWSKI LAUNCH?!?!

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

When I asked Steve about it at the launch party last night he said they were waiting for UL approval.

How can they promote an item without UL approval which is required in the U.S to be sold? What if they say "sorry it can't be sold". Or "can't use that kind". More delays? Changes? How many changes can we do to completely change a pin after the initial release info.

#50 6 years ago

So glad I went Pro.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton , FL
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside