Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Only_Pinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

When you finish playing a game of Shaq Attaq the display screen will show among other things the phrase "Match XX". "XX refers to two numbers, e.g. "Match 80". What is the meaning of "Match"?

Thank you.

#2 4 months ago

The last two number of your score

#3 4 months ago

If the match number matches the last two digits of a player's score, they get a free credit. Most games have a feature like this, but it doesn't make much sense in home use, and can be turned off in the settings

#4 4 months ago

It's there for a free game if the random number matches the last 2 digits of your score as others have said here. Some of the match animations are kind of cryptic though. For example, in NBA Fastbreak, why is the match animation a race car?

#5 4 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

it doesn't make much sense in home use, and can be turned off in the settings

For some reason I still enjoy matching, even playing at home.
If I'm playing my last game for the night and match, I always play again. Its like Pavlov and the dog when I hear the crack of the (or pathetic screech of a stern) knocker...

#6 4 months ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

For some reason I still enjoy matching, even playing at home.
If I'm playing my last game for the night and match, I always play again. Its like Pavlov and the dog when I hear the crack of the (or pathetic screech of a stern) knocker...

Having the match on at home is important to get the full effect.

#7 4 months ago

I always have match enabled, if it doesn't work, I fix it. It's great both for:
1.) When the game totally kicks your ass, you hear the knock when the misery is quickly over and say "Well, thank god, at least I matched!"
2.) Vice versa, YOU kick the GAME'S ass and then you also win a match, it's like the cherry on top.

#8 4 months ago

I set it as low as possible if I have the time to be bothered

#9 4 months ago

how possible to not have that "clack" sound while playing pinball !? and of course the triple "clack" is even better

#10 4 months ago

The best part of match feature is when my Brother in law has turned and walking away for the machine. The knocker hits and he jumps out of his skin.
All my machines are match enabled for this reason.

#11 4 months ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

If I'm playing my last game for the night and match, I always play again.

We have the same rule here.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside