IMG_9950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9827 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200614_193913 (resized).jpg
5363DEEB-4CCC-40DC-8F59-BD171F5F0D94 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1620 (resized).JPG
IMG_1619 (resized).JPG
890391F8-EF99-4F26-A0A4-A2DDAF788A2B (resized).jpeg
Button.switches (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 3 years ago

Just bought a Jungle Lord with red cabinet. I'm just getting all the board problems sorted out and soon will be shopping it out and installing LED's etc. I'd like to see this thread get revived to get some community help for this overlooked machine. I notice a lack of parts such as plastics available. I know the playfield and plastics in this game were never the most colorful to begin with, but after 40 of fade and dirt the game looks dreadful.

I plan on scanning all of my plastics and touching up the artwork to make the colors more vivid and add a splash here and there. Also, the two plastics on the upper playfield on the right above the drop targets and around the saucer look unfinished like prototypes at best? I'll find a way to add jungle colors and keep the text visible on these plastics. I've done the slingshots so far and think they look better than the originals. I'm no artist to say the least, so if someone wants to take a stab PM me your email.

The playfield is another story. Ugh. If someone has a full playfield scan of this game, I would sure love to have it. Or even if someone has a used playfield set they want to sell me. I'd love to make an overlay for this game. I'm not looking to make or sell parts, just to be able to restore my own game and help others to do the same. I'd much rather be able to buy these products.

I did find some nice apron cards in another thread. Would be nice if we could have some with the new rules from the home ROMs:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/6#post-5181126

2 weeks later
#55 3 years ago

I might be talking to myself, but I'm going to bump this thread with some good new information. The ribbon cables to my displays were all old and nasty looking and the displays were a not as bright and stable as I wanted even after re-seating the cables. I decided to look for replacement ribbon cables for System 7 and found an exact match on Amazon really cheap. These are 20-pin ribbon cables 30cm long (12 inches) just like the original. They came in six pack for less than $12, so I even have a spare now.

Before installing, I cleaned the board connectors with a little Deoxit D5 on a brush. The cables fit perfect and now the displays are bright and evenly lit from edge to edge.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FZWBP78/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00
cables (resized).jpgcables (resized).jpg

1 week later
#57 3 years ago

Work in progress on the new plastic artwork for those two hideous plastics. I pasted in art from the backglass to match the rest of the game.

20200721_084607 (resized).jpg20200721_084607 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
2,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/me-jungle-lord-club?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.