IMG_9950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9827 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200614_193913 (resized).jpg
5363DEEB-4CCC-40DC-8F59-BD171F5F0D94 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1620 (resized).JPG
IMG_1619 (resized).JPG
890391F8-EF99-4F26-A0A4-A2DDAF788A2B (resized).jpeg
Button.switches (resized).jpg
There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 7 years ago

Well, couldnt find a club so i had to make one (again ), feel free to discuss everything both blue and red Jungle Lord's by Williams in here!

#2 7 years ago

Anyway, i have been offered a free paitnjob by a friend who works in a body shop, so im planning to do some snazzy repaint job on my Jungle Lord (since the metal is...pretty scratched up, looks like someone used a fork to draw lines.) on the metal railings and the legs.

Now, i was thinking red metallic:

junglelord_ca (resized).jpgjunglelord_ca (resized).jpg

But i dunno, what do you guys think? am i insane or A-OK?

(image from the internets for testing)

Also, i made some score cards for mine, kinda basic but i think they came out OK.

#3 7 years ago

Jungle Lord is a fun game one of Hubby's faves. He thinks play wise it is the best Williams double level game. I'm partial to Pharaoh myself. I've owned 4 blue JL and 2 red JLs. I still own 1 blue and 2 red ones. I think the blue ones cabinet wise are the best looking, I like the upper PF on the red better as it is a different color scheme than the blue. The plastics are also a bit different on. BG wise I will give the nod to the red...who doesn't love blue eyeshadow on Jane!!
I just got my red 1 set up in my newly redone (almost finished) basement (had to redo, due to flooding this past Summer). It is playing pretty good, and is the keeper for my collection.

Phoebe

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Now, i was thinking red metallic:

Too much red on the front side. Shift coin door to your yellow/gold color.
Same with the shooter assembly. Pick one for yellow/gold -- the other part red.
-mof

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

am i insane or A-OK?

Likely you are both.

Your mock ups look good, now I should mention -- I prefer going stainless steel when the game has a lot of stainless steel in it -- in this case, there are signature 1981 stainless steel ramps like in Black Knight, therefore, I would INCREASE more stainless steel wherever possible on the game actually.

If you could powder coat the stainless ramps in the game to red or blue, then that could be a nice compromise.

-mof

#6 7 years ago

See what did I tell ya @mof, I fall for a pin, start looking for it, and bam...a club is created on pinside and the value skyrockets!

#7 7 years ago

Playfield on mine is not great.
I've seen discussion that apparently CPR has said they will not run two level playfields in the future, because they are a pain to produce.
Any chance of anyone else ever making repro playfields?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Likely you are both.
Your mock ups look good, now I should mention -- I prefer going stainless steel when the game has a lot of stainless steel in it -- in this case, there are signature 1981 stainless steel ramps like in Black Knight, therefore, I would INCREASE more stainless steel wherever possible on the game actually.
If you could powder coat the stainless ramps in the game to red or blue, then that could be a nice compromise.
-mof

Ah, well.......thats already been done, due to rust.

IMG_2418 (resized).JPGIMG_2418 (resized).JPG

I also had to repaint the playfield and coat around the leg of the woman, the sword handle and the snakes (mixing the skincolor wasnt easy at all, i tell you.), i lined the fixed areas with yellow.

IMG_2418 - Kopia (resized).JPGIMG_2418 - Kopia (resized).JPG

I know it looks odd, but you can only see the skincolor parts when in bright light, like for example camera flash, better then leaving it wood bare like it was when i saved it from a damp storage facility

IMG_2391 (resized).JPGIMG_2391 (resized).JPG

(the pic is taken after i filled in the black parts, gotten the left skull to look right, almost fixed the blue rock part in the upper left corner and had shaped the sword handle abit.)

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Likely you are both.
-mof

Something like this?

junglelord_ca_ver2 (resized).jpgjunglelord_ca_ver2 (resized).jpg

Thing is i do not know if he can do gold color or what shade of yellow he have access too at his shop, it isnt a car paintshop but a they paint Hiab liftcranes, forklifts, tractors and stuff like that, so im unsure they have every color on the menu, but on the other hand it will be professional done, free of charge (since he owes me some cash) and i dont have to wait til summer to be able to do it myself in my garage.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

already been done

Red mock up on the stainless steel is pretty nice -- I think I'd keep the shooter lane wood color for balance.
-mof

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Red mock up on the stainless steel is pretty nice -- I think I'd keep the shooter lane wood color for balance.
-mof

Ah, the playfield pic isnt a mock-up though, i have already done it, as i said, the lanes had rust on them which left pock marks after being scrubbed off, so i coated them red, the shooterlane had a deep chip of wood missing, so i filled that in with chemical wood and then to cover the fixed spot which was in a much lighter wood color i had to do something, so i opted with red coor since that was all i had at home.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

playfield pic isnt a mock-up though

wow, ok!
-mof

1 month later
#14 7 years ago

Does anyone have a hi-res backglass image I can print out for my game? My backglass has about 80%+ paint loss

I emailed Jukehero from this thread, but no reply yet.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-lord-translite

Thanks!

#15 7 years ago

I went through hell getting my jungle lord up and running ! But it is !

#16 7 years ago

Well, i went with a Rottendog board for mine, gonna pick it up tomorrow, been switching out every damn chip on my boards and still no-go.

#17 7 years ago

Been there !

#18 7 years ago

Great game ! Always wanted to re-theme it to a Heavy Metal pin. The ramps and upper playfield would be perfect for the canyons in HM.

heavy-metal-september-06-1981-copy (resized).jpgheavy-metal-september-06-1981-copy (resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago

Well, update , installed the Rottendog board yesterday and it...kinda booted up, atleast gave me numbers on 2 of the displays (the rest was dead, prob gonna have to switch displayboard), but i couldnt do much except circle around the codes, also the fuse for the flippers popped, noticed that the left one had loose contacts so im buying 2 new ones and i'll try again with new coils.

Would fuse popping coils stop the game from booting up properly?

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Well, update , installed the Rottendog board yesterday and it...kinda booted up, atleast gave me numbers on 2 of the displays (the rest was dead, prob gonna have to switch displayboard), but i couldnt do much except circle around the codes, also the fuse for the flippers popped, noticed that the left one had loose contacts so im buying 2 new ones and i'll try again with new coils.
Would fuse popping coils stop the game from booting up properly?

Don't think so. I have several games that blow a fuse but still boot.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Don't think so. I have several games that blow a fuse but still boot.

Huh, well ive refurbished the powersupply board with a system 7 kit, and it now gives me

1. 4.99
2. 0
3. 13.60
4. 14.73

volts on the test knobs on the powersupply board, but i dunno if those are good values for this kind of board.

Also, soundtest works, but voice disappeared, somehow, it worked earlier and now it doesnt.

#22 7 years ago

Well, derp, i had the wrong game set in the dipswitches, so now its doing something more atleast, but does anyone have the dipswtich settings for DS1 and DS2? cant find those anywhere.

#23 7 years ago

Just for fun, the tigers on the left. What the heck is going on with those two. I don't think it safe for work.

My kids loved this pin. I will need to get it back someday.

#24 7 years ago

Sent my displayboard to a pal that worked as a boardchecker for Ericsson back in the day, he's gonna check it for me, since it seemed pretty much dead (only player 2 and 4 worked, how much i switched ribbon cables or displays around) although all displayes checked out as fully working, luckily enough.

I also fixed that short fault that the Rottendog boards have with the mounting brackets, i simply bent the middle bracket out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-to-rottendog-327-owners-check-it-now#post-3267007

#25 7 years ago

Good luck with the board.

If you haven't done so already you need to get the drop target decals. Always makes the game look ten times better

My Jungle Lord is long gone but I did an extensive hand paint restore including the two figures a more realistic skin tone. I'll post some pics when I am at my computer.

Andy

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

If you haven't done so already you need to get the drop target decals. Always makes the game look ten times better
My Jungle Lord is long gone but I did an extensive hand paint restore including the two figures a more realistic skin tone. I'll post some pics when I am at my computer.
Andy

Well, my playfield skintones look just fine in ordinary light, but when exposed to camera flash it shows that the woman and the guys leg have been repainted, but better that then leaving it woodclean.

2 weeks later
#27 7 years ago

Well i should update that the boards are home and installed now, and the game works, but the displays are wonky and only player 2 and 4 is showing, but it only shows 80.000 (it mixes in points when you play, but 80 is always there, and player 4 dont score at all.), but the flippers work, the sound work and th voice works, and it seems the playfield lights loose/bvad connection somewhere since just an hour ago when i was lifting up the playfield to standing position it flashed on for 2 seconds then went off again....cant duplicate what i did since that

IMG_2502 (resized).JPGIMG_2502 (resized).JPG

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Andy

You mean the tigerheads? i already got them, but my printer is dead..

#29 7 years ago

Well bros, i got mine working just today! (well almost working, the displays shows random numbers and only player 2 and 4 works, even though ive checked the connection and the voltage...) played a round, got multi-ball and everything seems to work fine now.

Only took like 5 months of complete MPU/driver removal and switch to Rottendog board, miles of soldering, piles of lamps and switching condensators and whatnot.

IMG_2516 (resized).JPGIMG_2516 (resized).JPG

#30 7 years ago

I guess i can ask here, but does anyone know what the other 2 dipswitches on the Rottendog board are supposed to be set on? DIP2 and 1 in this case, maybe they got something to do with the display issue? (those two red to the right of the board, atm they are all set to the left, cant find any documentation on what they do or what they are supposed to be on either.)

IMG_2514 (resized).JPGIMG_2514 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#31 7 years ago

No one knows about the right dipswitches? Anyway, i kinda need some advice here:

On my JL i got everything except the displays to work now, and that last problem is a sure maze, ive had the displayboard checked by a pro, ive tested all the display (and they all work), ive switche dout all the flatcables for new ones and ive cleaned all connections on all the boards, and ive checked the voltage, and weirdly enough only player 2 and 4 works, and shows this:

IMG_2502 (resized).JPGIMG_2502 (resized).JPG

Is it something done by the powersupply? ive changed the caps on that one but not gone through like EVERYTHING on it, or is it the Rottendog board thats doing it? or is it the big main cap in the bottom of the backbox? not changed that one yet.

1 month later
#32 6 years ago

Ive been toying with colors on my JL.

IMG_20170427_205443 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_205443 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170427_205418 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_205418 (resized).jpg

6 months later
#33 6 years ago

I bought a project jungle lord a while back was finally got around to making it play. No clue what I really did but it’s working! It’s kissing a backglass and I’m on the hunt for basically anything that will work.

1 month later
#34 6 years ago

Just picked one up... took reseating everything, replacing a fuse and replacing an EOS switch to get it up and running.

Playfield is ok, not great, the rest is pretty decent.

Will have to read up on recommendations for system 7 preventative stuff.. ie I can already tell I don’t like the chip sockets on the board.

I see on IPDB there are some home rom images for this with some interesting sounding rule changes. Anyone try these?

B6578C95-626D-4281-9324-350C1EFEFDC4 (resized).jpegB6578C95-626D-4281-9324-350C1EFEFDC4 (resized).jpeg

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Just picked one up... took reseating everything, replacing a fuse and replacing an EOS switch to get it up and running.
Playfield is ok, not great, the rest is pretty decent.
Will have to read up on recommendations for system 7 preventative stuff.. ie I can already tell I don’t like the chip sockets on the board.
I see on IPDB there are some home rom images for this with some interesting sounding rule changes. Anyone try these?

Enjoy your new acquisition! JL is quite a fun game and in my opinion is definitely underrated. I am also interested in the home roms, haven’t heard really how they are. Anybody willing to burn me a set and I’ll buy them?

#36 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-jungle-lord-new-tricks-home-rom
Worth it just for having a Lane Change feature on the L-O-R-D mini-table. That adds some skill to an otherwise boring bit of the game.

Been in the club for a while I guess, with a "players" game. It sat for a long time, partly space issues, but also because it didn't match the condition of the other pins. Got over the condition issue and made space for it last winter. Really enjoy playing this game.

#37 6 years ago

Having hobbyroms burn be a set, lpoking forward to trying it out.

Double trouble drop bank is pretty fun chasing the drops.

#38 6 years ago

I agree that double trouble is what makes this game fun! It is certainly provides a challenge to the game.

A4BA797A-4737-4859-A3FE-C8218C1D4911 (resized).jpegA4BA797A-4737-4859-A3FE-C8218C1D4911 (resized).jpeg

7D4E7CD6-2CC2-4C3F-A64B-880F097F8BB9 (resized).jpeg7D4E7CD6-2CC2-4C3F-A64B-880F097F8BB9 (resized).jpeg

EF0B6D24-3188-451A-A41C-27A9B561A8FC (resized).jpegEF0B6D24-3188-451A-A41C-27A9B561A8FC (resized).jpeg

44EF66EC-33FC-4608-A1B2-38D8B0197EC0 (resized).jpeg44EF66EC-33FC-4608-A1B2-38D8B0197EC0 (resized).jpeg

9B9AFB4D-C5D7-4A6E-908A-DA9BC34DE877 (resized).png9B9AFB4D-C5D7-4A6E-908A-DA9BC34DE877 (resized).png

C650BBD2-35E7-49AC-9AC1-B6F1ACC8FC50 (resized).pngC650BBD2-35E7-49AC-9AC1-B6F1ACC8FC50 (resized).png

43CA8B3A-128A-4557-9231-6D5C6E165048 (resized).png43CA8B3A-128A-4557-9231-6D5C6E165048 (resized).png

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Having hobbyroms burn be a set, lpoking forward to trying it out.
Double trouble drop bank is pretty fun chasing the drops.

The drop targets definitely make this game fun! It provides a challenge to knock them down in order, then as you say chase the double trouble targets.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from BenB:

It is certainly provides a challenge to the game.

Yeah........................
And the pics relate to what now?

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Yeah........................
And the pics relate to what now?

Not sure how they got attached... my phone uploaded them with the previous post... oops

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Great game ! Always wanted to re-theme it to a Heavy Metal pin. The ramps and upper playfield would be perfect for the canyons in HM.

This pic you posted looks like the alien plastics in solar fire

688E3D57-7A42-4EB0-8246-E21A99D232D5 (resized).png688E3D57-7A42-4EB0-8246-E21A99D232D5 (resized).png

4 months later
#43 5 years ago

I recently purchased a Jungle Lord that had a translite instead of a backglass. I am lucky enough to have a spare glass so if someone wants to buy the translite shoot me a message.

7 months later
#44 5 years ago

Hey RustyLizard is there any way you can scan that translite? I'd love a good scan from you or anyone so I could print out my own backglass. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

Hey Rustylizard is there any way you can scan that translite? I'd love a good scan from you or anyone so I could print out my own backglass. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

It was sold in another JL I picked up. I do have a near perfect glass that would make a better scan but I live in a smaller town so would need to find a place with the proper equipment.

1 month later
#46 5 years ago

Hello I have a red and yellow jungle lord and the cabinet and Playfield need quite a bit of touch up. Does anyone have any paint color codes for the cabinet? What kind of paint is suggested for the Playfield touchup ?

6 months later
#47 4 years ago

Thinking about a Jungle Lord project...I've heard it is better than Black Knight...

What's the story?
New ROMs?
No repro backglass?
Are plastic tough to find?
Red cabinet or blue?

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Thinking about a Jungle Lord project...I've heard it is better than Black Knight...
What's the story?
New ROMs?
No repro backglass?
Are plastic tough to find?
Red cabinet or blue?

IMHO I prefer Jungle on BK... more playable, more fun despite the only 2-ball multiball.
For plastics and backglass here in Italy there is a guy who has them available...
Regarding the cab color, it's subjective... I owned only 2 blue cabinet. I cannot do a comparison...

#49 4 years ago

I have an odd problem I was wondering if anybody encountered. I have the rottendog MB as a side note. The problem is with mutiball it is not kicking out the ball. The second ball gets kicked to the shooter lane, but the ball on the play field stays stuck in the drop hole. If you shoot the second ball into the other drop hole it gets stuck too and can only be kicked by a power off or tilt. Both drop holes work perfectly otherwise.

Part 2- does anybody have a MB they want to sell? I would like to switch out the rottendog MB so that I can install the home roms.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

What's the story?
New ROMs?

In my view JL is a better game than BK, I own a JL and have played BK a lot as there are a few in my circle of pin pals.

The magna save works better in JL for me as you control how long it pulses for whereas BK has a fixed duration when you press the button. So in JL you can just tap the button and sort of fling the ball away from the magnet area.

There is a home rom for JL that add a few things. I can't recall the details but I think a skill shot and some variations on the multiball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/me-jungle-lord-club?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.