IMG_9950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9827 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200614_193913 (resized).jpg
5363DEEB-4CCC-40DC-8F59-BD171F5F0D94 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1620 (resized).JPG
IMG_1619 (resized).JPG
890391F8-EF99-4F26-A0A4-A2DDAF788A2B (resized).jpeg
Button.switches (resized).jpg
There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Looks like I have to make a few adjustments and reprint.

Yours looks *so* much better than the original, IMO. One of the minor things that bothers me about JL is that the "Multi-Ball Timer" label on the backglass is wrong. The label should say "Stampede timer". On a bad day, there's not more than a few seconds of MB in there for me. On a good day I can keep the MB going until starting the next Stampede. If you change the label I'll definitely ask what it will take for me to get a copy, even though my backglass is decent and I even have a backup translite, just in case.

#102 2 years ago

The coil/end stop brackets for generation 2 drop targets on my Jungle Lord System 7 - Does anyone know what the serial number might be. As you can see in this opicture from the manual there is no number. I need two to get my two side drop target systems running. Anyone have any spare as I cant find them anywhere... I need two.

2021-10-20_17-11-35 (resized).jpg2021-10-20_17-11-35 (resized).jpg
#105 2 years ago

Is that from a full Jungle lord manual. I may have to grab one. Is it the same as this one? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/144125514343

#106 2 years ago

No it’s from the black Williams parts manual

The jl sf bk manuals all didn’t have it.

#107 2 years ago

Got the displays finally dialed in. This picture isn't doing the color justice. If anyone is interested, lmk.

JL pst (resized).jpgJL pst (resized).jpg
#108 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Looks like I have to make a few adjustments and reprint. I was a little shy on overall width too. I did 2 paper test prints before printing the actual translite but dang its tough to get all the displays aligned. Still I happy with the color and content and it wont take much to dial it in. 4th times a charm.
[quoted image]

Very nice! Are you going to sell these? Thanks

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Got the displays finally dialed in. This picture isn't doing the color justice. If anyone is interested, lmk.
[quoted image]

I would be interested.

#110 2 years ago

I have been working on artwork based on the original. I have recreated some parts of the image from scratch as I got a fellow JL owner to take like 20 images of the backglass. I meshed and stitched it all back together and I have poured like 40-50 hours work into clean up. Have a look. I have to find the block out layer artwork now. ie the messages like game over etc.

Have a look at some of my progress:

You can see a portion of the original photos I am working off (Thanks to Kevin Helmar)
2021-10-28_0-52-36 (resized).jpg2021-10-28_0-52-36 (resized).jpg20210929_165200 (resized).jpg20210929_165200 (resized).jpg

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:Got the displays finally dialed in. This picture isn't doing the color justice. If anyone is interested, lmk.
[quoted image]

If I get a JL, I'm in for one too!

2 weeks later
#112 2 years ago

Almost resurrected!

11967F12-1273-45FA-A815-E725F364E3A8 (resized).jpeg11967F12-1273-45FA-A815-E725F364E3A8 (resized).jpeg2424520F-64F8-41E8-A065-A58C85121531 (resized).jpeg2424520F-64F8-41E8-A065-A58C85121531 (resized).jpeg5DDBE0EE-63B8-4F2B-B5D9-81BB0CA5E2D7 (resized).jpeg5DDBE0EE-63B8-4F2B-B5D9-81BB0CA5E2D7 (resized).jpeg5E495CFE-5D01-4EBA-81AC-CB2DAE51C23B (resized).jpeg5E495CFE-5D01-4EBA-81AC-CB2DAE51C23B (resized).jpeg8D8E1F66-7DBE-4F71-BFA9-033E250F5D6E (resized).jpeg8D8E1F66-7DBE-4F71-BFA9-033E250F5D6E (resized).jpegDC3AD4B8-BAD5-4ED5-83C8-BE7E61C9B291 (resized).jpegDC3AD4B8-BAD5-4ED5-83C8-BE7E61C9B291 (resized).jpegFA645030-9365-42F9-96C6-80BF3C1F8107 (resized).jpegFA645030-9365-42F9-96C6-80BF3C1F8107 (resized).jpeg test fit my backglass prototype printed on paper.

1 week later
#113 2 years ago

ok have an interesting problem where I am getting power to the lower playfield flipper when I hit the right flipper button but the upper playfield is getting next to no power (or at least is not functioning). Then we took the old leave switch assembly out and activated just the top flipper but that still sent power to the bottom flipper. We then cut the wire to the botton playfield flipper at the switch and activated it and the bottom flipper still engaged. What is happening here?

1 week later
#114 2 years ago

Hi, owners.
I'm first-timer Jason.
I looked around for a JL club and found this. It's not very active, is it? Just three pages in five years!
Is there another?
I just bought my first JL. Indeed it's my first System-7. I've never owned a game of this vintage. My oldest game prior to this was a HS, which was ragged and gave me the willies because of the heavy PF wear. I sold it (for a significant loss) just a week after getting it.
I don't even have my JL yet. I bought it on a whim and it's being shipped here. I'm trying to keep my expectations low. I recently shopped a TZ. Man, was that a learning experience! Oof! I'm worried that the JL playfield will give me the willies, too, especially if it has badly cupped inserts. I will enjoy shopping it though. I don't play very well. Most of my joy in this hobby comes from fixing/resurrecting pins. I just hope I can get what parts I'll need to shop it well. I'll post pictures when the game arrives. Hopefully I can twist some arms here to field my questions. I have a feeling there will be many! For starters, my game was sold to me as a "project," so it's not even certain if I can get it going without losing my shirt. Must stay optimistic!
Does anyone have a bulb list? I want to LED the game. Just 2SMD frosted white for the GI and 1SMD clear white for the inserts. No colored bulbs for me!

1 week later
#115 2 years ago

Solved my flipper issue. The 24 pin plug near the upper playfield flippers was oxidised. Once I cleaned it up the flipper was back in action.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Does anyone have a bulb list? I want to LED the game. Just 2SMD frosted white for the GI and 1SMD clear white for the inserts. No colored bulbs for me!

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1338/Williams_1981_Jungle_Lord_Manual.pdf

1 week later
#117 2 years ago

Found 2 days ago.

3 new Rottendog boards?
(Works Perfectly)
Fist older title I've purchased that's needs zip!
$1800 local I was floored by playfield condition. Orginal!
Backglass well I'll give it a 7
Cabinet 9

What a fun game.
Love the Buzzing and Horn.

20211223_115346 (resized).jpg20211223_115346 (resized).jpg20211223_120631 (resized).jpg20211223_120631 (resized).jpg20211224_160419 (resized).jpg20211224_160419 (resized).jpg
#118 2 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I just joined the club this week! Ended up purchasing the machine site unseen and while it plays, there are certainly some items that I'll be needing to go through to get the machine at a state I'm happy with.

I do have a couple questions. Before putting in the offer I watched some youtube streams from Buffalo Pinball of the game. At one point, one of the streamers got the ball in the lower kick-out hole and it just sat there to the point she actually asked the others if she had tilted the machine or something and then a few seconds later it eventually decided to kick out and shoot the bagatelle ball. Playing my machine a couple days now, I've noticed it doing the same thing and it doesn't seem to be a consistent time that it sits there in the kick-out hole before shooting the bagatelle. I remember seeing mention here that Williams started using more timers around this era. Is that what's happening here? Or is it more something where some bad caps or the like are playing havoc on the machine?

#119 2 years ago

I don't think that this is intended since mine does it not.

#120 2 years ago

Does the problem occur in Stampede mode or during regular game play? There is no explicit timer delaying the bagatelle in the code. (If anybody with a legal copy of the JL ROMs is interested in the source code, you can run it through a disassembler which you can download from http://gamearchive.askey.org/Pinball/Manufacturers/Williams/PinBuilder/.) If the problem occurs during non-Stampede play, I suspect that your issue is due to a dirty and/or misaligned scoop switch. I recommend you clean and adjust it, and then test it in diagnostic mode using a ball (not your finger or a tool).

However, if the problem occurs during Stampede mode when you launch the second ball, the problem could be caused by a dirty/bad playfield entry switch and/or by a dirty/bad shooter-lane switch. If the playfield entry switch is working, the locked ball is ejected when the second ball enters the playfield. If the playfield entry switch is broken, the game does not know when the ball has entered the playfield and the locked ball is not ejected immediately. Rather, there is a backup mechanism: When the ball leaves the shooter lane switch, a 6s timer is started. When this timer expires before the playfield entry switch is triggered or the ball returns to the shooter, the playfield entry switch is "simulated", which causes the locked ball to be ejected. I have not investigated what happens if there are problems with both with the playfield entry and shooter-lane switches in this case.

#121 2 years ago

Mine does that every now and then - It eventuallly kicks the bagatelle into action but I have seen it sit there for 10-15 or more seconds but only happens once every 20-30 or so games. I am running an aftermarket NW7 board though so I thought it could be that.

#122 2 years ago

Yeah, on my machine it was happening during normal play. I know there are definitely some flakey switches here and there on the machine so will go through them more to see what that does.

I haven't been snooping around in the backbox too much yet with the machine but last time I was in there the boards looked all original at a glance.

1 week later
#123 2 years ago

I've just got my JL playing again and have noticed a few things.

Has anybody changed the upper flipper coils to lower power ones? The manual lists all flipper coils as SFL-19-400/30-750-dc. I find that the upper ones are too strong and often a good direct hit to the drops comes straight back and doesn't cause the drop to fall. A sort of sideways glancing blow to the drop is more effective.

Also has anyone ever seen the red lamp adjacent to the 2 target on entry to the lower pf loop lite other than in attract mode? The nearby plastic says "Arrow lites drain shield when lit", but this is wrong - to lite drain shield you shoot backwards thru the loop.

Finally the "Keep shooting when lite" insert only lites when you drain thru a drain shield outlane - seems to me it should also come on when you can restart timed multiball by returning to one of the kickout saucers.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from SYS6:

I've just got my JL playing again and have noticed a few things.
Has anybody changed the upper flipper coils to lower power ones? The manual lists all flipper coils as SFL-19-400/30-750-dc. I find that the upper ones are too strong and often a good direct hit to the drops comes straight back and doesn't cause the drop to fall. A sort of sideways glancing blow to the drop is more effective.
Also has anyone ever seen the red lamp adjacent to the 2 target on entry to the lower pf loop lite other than in attract mode? The nearby plastic says "Arrow lites drain shield when lit", but this is wrong - to lite drain shield you shoot backwards thru the loop.
Finally the "Keep shooting when lite" insert only lites when you drain thru a drain shield outlane - seems to me it should also come on when you can restart timed multiball by returning to one of the kickout saucers.

After your bonus multipliers are maxed out it turns red.

#125 2 years ago

Anyone able to tell me what transistor is associated with the coil under the apron to kick the ball to the right after it drains? My coil is locked on and from everything I am reading, that sounds like a transistor issue. Thoughts? Thanks everyone!

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from SYS6:

When you have all possible bonus multipliers lit by passing the loop while the other insert was lit by the inlane, then this arrow will light and grant you a drain shield by passing the loop in the simpler direction right to left.

#127 2 years ago

Actually picked this up a few months ago but I hadn't yet joined the club. Oh boy does this thing need work but the price was right.
e5fe34d9786f980e4cb9e902344bc11fcba6423c (resized).jpge5fe34d9786f980e4cb9e902344bc11fcba6423c (resized).jpg
999e8f8604f6bd8b9042532198a88271a72d745c (resized).jpg999e8f8604f6bd8b9042532198a88271a72d745c (resized).jpg

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Actually picked this up a few months ago

Oh, it's a red one. Never seen a red one face to face. Seems to me there are much more of the blue ones around.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunfisch:

Oh, it's a red one. Never seen a red one face to face. Seems to me there are much more of the blue ones around.

Supposedly only 100 red ones according to IPDB

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Supposedly only 100 red ones according to IPDB

I had a red one but sold it because it was in poor shape. Would love to own one like yours to sit.next to my HUO blue one.

#131 2 years ago

Looks like you're in luck if you have the red Jungle Lord, Outside edge just announced they made repros of the plastics for the red version, not sure why they thought it would be better to do those vs the blue cabinet plastics version, but there they are.
I have it on good authority that another company is currently producing the plastics for the blue version, not sure when they'll be announced but I know they are coming.
B

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

Looks like you're in luck if you have the red Jungle Lord, Outside edge just announced they made repros of the plastics for the red version, not sure why they thought it would be better to do those vs the blue cabinet plastics version, but there they are.
I have it on good authority that another company is currently producing the plastics for the blue version, not sure when they'll be announced but I know they are coming.
B

The red plastics are only different on upper playfield. Lowers are all the same.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

The red plastics are only different on upper playfield. Lowers are all the same.

Nope. The plastics right below the upper playfield have a blue background on the blue cabinet version, grey on the red cabinet version, look at the plastics on either side of the middle ramp on the lower playfield.
B

#134 2 years ago

Now that I look closer, I see that the upper double trouble, kick mini ball and top of the bagatelle is yellow on the red cabinet version, but the outside edge repros are blue, so the outside edge ones are kinda all over the place. Too bad, I know lot's of people need these, hopefully the other company making them can get it right, otherwise it's Russian plastics for me! Not sure why it's so hard to get this right, isn't that why you make proofs?

B

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

Nope. The plastics right below the upper playfield have a blue background on the blue cabinet version, grey on the red cabinet version, look at the plastics on either side of the middle ramp on the lower playfield.
B

Are.you sure you aren't seeing some faded blue or.poorly printed.ones that look gray?

#136 2 years ago

8d9e9f55d0b1b32d0eae27a40868f702b0416f45 (resized).jpg8d9e9f55d0b1b32d0eae27a40868f702b0416f45 (resized).jpg
These are the outside Edge ones, not my photo.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

[quoted image]
These are the outside Edge ones, not my photo.

Those were just made from a shitty blue set.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Those were just made from a shitty blue set.

I disagree. I think they had a mismatched set that they used. Look at those plastics on every red version, look at the example on this thread.
Either way those outside edge ones are wrong, too wrong for me personally, maybe others don't care, not that big a deal in the general scheme of things but I'll wait to see what the other manufacturers put out.
I know one of them has my plastics that they're using to copy, so hopefully they'll turn out right, or there's always Russia, had that guy make me plastics for transporter and they turned out great.
B

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

I disagree. I think they had a mismatched set that they used. Look at those plastics on every red version, look at the example on this thread.
Either way those outside edge ones are wrong, too wrong for me personally, maybe others don't care, not that big a deal in the general scheme of things but I'll wait to see what the other manufacturers put out.
I know one of them has my plastics that they're using to copy, so hopefully they'll turn out right, or there's always Russia, had that guy make me plastics for transporter and they turned out great.
B

Did you install my playfields yet?

1 month later
#140 2 years ago

New member here. I played on a Jungle Lord at Camberwell School of Art just about every day for around three years when it was first launched. On a good day I could actually clock it!

I now, finally, have my own.

2CF41172-56AB-48E8-8109-62CF5BA22580 (resized).jpeg2CF41172-56AB-48E8-8109-62CF5BA22580 (resized).jpeg

#141 2 years ago

Very good game. It's soo underestimated but so much fun.

#142 2 years ago

To all the new club members and guests who may not be aware: A few year ago I made a home ROM for Jungle Lord. If you google "Jungle Lord new tricks" you get the link. The original is available on IPDB, but there are two updates with further improvements and a fix for an lighting bug.

Jungle Lord rocks. Getting to Double Trouble before the first ball ever hits the lower play field is one of my proudest pinball achievements ever. I managed that only twice so far and I have owned the game for 8 years.

#143 2 years ago

I've posted this issue in the tech forum, but thought I'd just ask here too.

After a game the JL goes in to attract mode and immediately starts playing whatever the last background sound was that was playing when the game finished. I think this is not correct?
Also, I cannot turn off Speech in attract mode, setting function 37 to 10 or 11 has no effect.

Am I missing something? Any ideas what the issue could be?

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from val33:

I've posted this issue in the tech forum, but thought I'd just ask here too.
After a game the JL goes in to attract mode and immediately starts playing whatever the last background sound was that was playing when the game finished. I think this is not correct?
Also, I cannot turn off Speech in attract mode, setting function 37 to 10 or 11 has no effect.
Am I missing something? Any ideas what the issue could be?

have you redone the 40 pin and does it still have scanbe rom sockets?

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

have you redone the 40 pin and does it still have scanbe rom sockets?

Done by a previous owner and no, no scanbe sockets.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from val33:

Done by a previous owner and no, no scanbe sockets.

I had an issue where the wrong sound played during the game , and when the game Ended it played the last sound continuously
I changed the sound board the sound roms the mpu. It ended up being this connector for me.

3C2D304F-ECDB-482F-A53C-59A5EC918386 (resized).jpeg3C2D304F-ECDB-482F-A53C-59A5EC918386 (resized).jpeg
#147 2 years ago

Has anyone replaced the inserts on the sword (1-10). It looks like there is a fair amount of art on them. I couldn’t find any decals for them either

1 month later
#148 2 years ago

What is the Russian plastics you guys mention. I am still after replacing my plastics as most of mine are broken. Yes I am going to try to make them myself and offer set out once i am happy with the quality but I would love to see an easier option (ie just order from somewhere).

1 week later
#149 2 years ago

Picked up a red. Boots, plays error free, just needs a cleaning. Love these upper PF magnet games; brings out the skater in me, the flow and anticipation of those ramps shots

2044FBDF-086D-48E1-8509-6FEE7C88FB67 (resized).jpeg2044FBDF-086D-48E1-8509-6FEE7C88FB67 (resized).jpeg30467411-1D4C-4A7F-8E80-807B9BA84928 (resized).jpeg30467411-1D4C-4A7F-8E80-807B9BA84928 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#150 1 year ago

looks great. Love the red!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/me-jungle-lord-club/page/3?hl=benb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.