(Topic ID: 275323)

Me & mrs Pac-Man pinball machine help

By arcadebeast

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Here I am asking for help on this machine again. Was playing fine, next time I turned it on it booted fine but there is a clicking going on some where and the light bulb under the Playfield on right side keeps flashing with click. Can’t press up a game. And also if I press left flipper a target and also a coil fires. I have new Alltek boards in it. And there booting with no problems. Any clues? Any one ever have this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Get the schematics of the machine and verify each connectors.
What you hear under the playfield and see (light bulb) is the solenoid expander board. It is a good sign that you hear it (and see it).

Put the machine in test mode (little push button inside the coin door) and go through the various sequences.
Please, report what you experience.

Yves

#3 3 years ago

Check your cabinet harness switch connectors (J3) and the playfield switch (J2). Sounds like the left flipper button switch matrix switch is being misinterpreted by the software indicating a switch matrix issue.

#4 3 years ago

Went through test mode with no problems. I’ll check j3and j2. This weekend. I’ll let u guys know how I make out. Thanks for the help.

#5 3 years ago

When you say "went through test mode with no problems...", are you certain that none of the switches were closed?
If you did not remove the ball from the playfield, at least the outhole switch should have been detected..... and maybe others too.

Yves

#6 3 years ago

Ball was in game. It looked like everything fired. But when I turn game on now. it presses games up on its own and the coil inside the door goes crazy and one of the drop targets on left bank shakes. Lol. I’ll run test with ball out of game this weekend. Thanks arcane.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 10.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/me-amp-mrs-pac-man-pinball-machine-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.