Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by s1500
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1356 (resized).jpg
    mcd_aussie_legends2016 (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_0317 (resized).JPG
    The-Viper-and-the-Happy-Meal (resized).jpg
    Mac_Sabbath (resized).jpg
    Downey-McDonalds (resized).jpg
    why-mcdonalds-doesnt-serve-breakfast-all-day (resized).jpg
    202294_10150430236250654_4851437_o (resized).jpg
    BoSP4dACcAE4sJj (resized).jpg
    Copy Copy KIMG0019 (resized).jpg
    flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg
    chloebig (resized).png
    chloe (resized).jpg
    IMG_0149 (resized).JPG
    bcf81d62784bd8b34beff380ba3a7d81--urban-movies-s-movies (resized).jpg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

What ever happened to fast food. Mc D's and To a lesser degree BK since they are usually less busy are really slow anymore. Anyone else experience this. Have any idea why?

G

#2 6 years ago

Must be your area. McDonalds around where I work (the hood of Indy), is pretty fast. I give props to the manager of the McD's that I go to during lunch. He's always helping out. Takes orders, fills orders, picks up and cleans off tables, walks around outside sweeping up trash. I've been meaning to write a review on that location giving him props. If there's anyone that I've seen who's been an example of "lead by example," it'd be him.

ANY Taco Bell in Indy, on the other hand, has an average wait time of 10-20 minutes. 25 minutes has been the longest I've seen.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

ANY Taco Bell in Indy, on the other hand, has an average wait time of 10-20 minutes. 25 minutes has been the longest I've seen.

You have to wait for quality!

#4 6 years ago

Taco Bell = Bowel Cleansing. McDonalds in our area as actually increased speed since they added their "pick what you want digital cashes where you make your own order and pay at the machine".

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

You have to wait for quality!

While it is good. I wouldn't say that taking a ice cream scoop full of meat and putting it into a shell is quality craftsmanship.

#6 6 years ago

Its fast food because it speeds you to the grave.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

While it is good. I wouldn't say that taking a ice cream scoop full of meat and putting it into a shell is quality craftsmanship.

I'm 99.99999% sure he was being sarcastic lol.

But I've noticed that 'round these parts McD's is pretty fast, but Taco Bell is so slow, I'm pretty sure they're harvesting the corn in the back for their taco shells...

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I'm 99.99999% sure he was being sarcastic lol.

So was I.

Quoted from mbaumle:

I'm pretty sure they're harvesting the corn in the back for their taco shells...

I think in Indy, they specifically hire recovering meth-heads. Takes them a while to process what they need to do.

#9 6 years ago

I thought white castle was bowel cleanse. When you take crap... it smells like white castle.

#10 6 years ago

Is this the Fri night party thread?
    It is now. Ok who brought the Stooges?

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

It's actually more like a trowel kinda spatula looking thing...

What? I worked there when I was a teenager.

#12 6 years ago

The only valid excuse for a delay at McDonalds is if you order their pizza. (And I think there's only three locations in North America that still sell those delicious pizzas)

#13 6 years ago

Like every place else--can't find help. The kids they can get to work never get the order right....

#14 6 years ago

haven't ate Mc D's for at least a decade. Fast food is gonna kill yall!

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

haven't ate Mc D's for at least a decade. Fast food is gonna kill yall!

Good for you. Anything in moderation is perfectly healthy, including occasional greasy fast food that's high in fat and sodium.

#16 6 years ago

pinside must be pretty slow...when a thread pops up about mcdonalds being slow.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

pinside must be pretty slow...when a thread pops up about mcdonalds being slow.

...and no one yet has suggested waxing it or raising the rear leg levelers.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Good for you. Anything in moderation is perfectly healthy, including occasional greasy fast food that's high in fat and sodium.

I spend all my "vices" currency on beer and pinball

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

...and no one yet has suggested waxing it or raising the rear leg levelers.

... probably needs a fuse.

#20 6 years ago

If you don't ask for Akeem it's like rollin the dice.
    bcf81d62784bd8b34beff380ba3a7d81--urban-movies-s-movies (resized).jpgbcf81d62784bd8b34beff380ba3a7d81--urban-movies-s-movies (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

... but Taco Bell is so slow, I'm pretty sure they're harvesting the corn in the back for their taco shells...

Yeah it's slow here till they started ONLINE ordering. Oh wow...it's so great. Walk right inside don't even have to wait in line, just grab and go.

#22 6 years ago

We don't eat there a lot, but the one near me has gotten much better. The food is always freshly prepared which takes a bit longer, but is seemingly worth it.

I usually pick up a single hamburger, medium Diet Coke and 2 apple pies.

#23 6 years ago

Probably the millennials don't like to work hard

#24 6 years ago

To me, it's 100% because of either their management at that particular stop or the workers they're attracting to that stop...I say that because the same Mcdonalds are almost always slow and the same mcdonalds are almost always fast, meaning if you find a fast mcdonalds it will likely always be fast in the future and if you find a slow one it's likely going to be slow forever.

I don't know why that is, but we used to make roadtrips along the interstate for 5 to 10 years, and without fail the fast ones stayed fast and the slow ones stayed slow.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Probably the millennials don't like to work hard

IDK, most fast food places here seem to be staffed exclusively by baby boomers.

#26 6 years ago

people are getting blazed pretty early this Friday

#27 6 years ago
    #28 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

I give props to the manager of the McD's that I go to during lunch. He's always helping out. Takes orders, fills orders, picks up and cleans off tables, walks around outside sweeping up trash. I've been meaning to write a review on that location giving him props. If there's anyone that I've seen who's been an example of "lead by example," it'd be him

Sounds like Gus Fring.

He was the manager of the year! Even though he was making 100s of millions of bucks in the background, he was running that restaurant like a mofo.

rd

#29 6 years ago

I agree with taylor34. The one near me is very nice, well managed, and is fast.

#30 6 years ago

didnt mc donalds try and trademark "100% real beef" on a substance that is not 100% beef so they could advertise that? Or was that just some bs? Pink Slime or whatever.

http://www.trademarkia.com/100-pure-allamerican-beef-73352086.html

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/03/its-100-percent-beef-company-on-defensive-as-it-closes-plants/

#31 6 years ago

That rascally Burger Chef and their
    LOW DOWN WAYS

#32 6 years ago

Zach Sharpe new marketing director at Stern OH YEAH!!
    There's some breaking news for you slow mo left lane loafers thank you drive thru.

#33 6 years ago

Speaking of McDonald's I just watched The Founder on Netflix. It was an interesting movie about the rise of Mcdonalds

#34 6 years ago

So, we're bitching about shitty fastfood on a pinball forum now? WTF.

#35 6 years ago

If you wanna wait 15-20 minutes for food you should come to our place, and get great home cooked breakfast and lunch, and play Dialed In! , Aerosmith, Spider-Man VE, WOZ ECLE, Hobbit, Monster Bash, Road Show, Whirlwind, and Game Show while you wait!!!

Shameless plug I know

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The only valid excuse for a delay at McDonalds is if you order their pizza. (And I think there's only three locations in North America that still sell those delicious pizzas)

Is this a joke? I am reading this while eating a nice thin crust in South West CT. There are about 12 pizza places in a 2 mile radius and at least half are actually pretty good. 3 Are top notch.

McD is ExLax and I've never seen pizza on the menu. If I did see it I would bring a few to a tournament for everyone to disable the competition.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

What ever happened to fast food. Mc D's and To a lesser degree BK since they are usually less busy are really slow anymore. Anyone else experience this. Have any idea why?
    G

This is covered in the McWiki pages.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

Speaking of McDonald's I just watched The Founder on Netflix. It was an interesting movie about the rise of Mcdonalds

Saw the movie too. Left a poor impression on Ray Kroc. He wasn't the founder.

#39 6 years ago

There's a platform in the driveup between the order speaker and the food window. That platform has a timer and a scale that indicates just how long your car was there - basically your wait time. Some manager type looks at the data to rate employees. Once at a Wendy's the young guy at the food window asked me to back up and drive forward again to the window to reset the timer. He was looking for a promotion. Enterprising young man.

#40 6 years ago

Who eats at McDonalds? Yuck

#41 6 years ago

Perhaps urban legend, but up i heard that Canadian McDonalds got their meat from a company named Canadian Beef. So they could market that the meat was made from "100% Canadian Beef". Could also be bs but have never been bothered to google that...

IMG_0149 (resized).JPGIMG_0149 (resized).JPG

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Is this a joke? I am reading this while eating a nice thin crust in South West CT. There are about 12 pizza places in a 2 mile radius and at least half are actually pretty good. 3 Are top notch.
    McD is ExLax and I've never seen pizza on the menu. If I did see it I would bring a few to a tournament for everyone to disable the competition.

Well now you know where to get them...

http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-pizza-is-only-available-in-three-locations-2017-5/#the-mcdonalds-in-pomeroy-ohio-has-it-all-burger-and-fries-24-hour-drive-thru-service-and-of-course-pizza-1

#43 6 years ago

I worked at McDonald's as a teen. When people would ask for for extra sauce on there Big Mac we would hollow out the middle bun and top bun and fill it with so much sauce that when they took a bite out of it it'd squeeze out all over there face. The good ol' days.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

There's a platform in the driveup between the order speaker and the food window. That platform has a timer and a scale that indicates just how long your car was there - basically your wait time. Some manager type looks at the data to rate employees. Once at a Wendy's the young guy at the food window asked me to back up and drive forward again to the window to reset the timer. He was looking for a promotion. Enterprising young man.

Now they just park you so according to their wait times you move through the line just as fast as the others.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Who eats at McDonalds? Yuck

I'll give them some credit. Their biscuits actually taste pretty good. Better than Cracker Barrel biscuits IMO. Their Southwest Chicken Salad is also quite good for the price. If you use the app, they are damn cheap as well.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I worked at McDonald's as a teen. When people would ask for for extra sauce on there Big Mac we would hollow out the middle bun and top bun and fill it with so much sauce that when they took a bite out of it it'd squeeze out all over there face. The good ol' days.

Ga-ross!!!

#47 6 years ago

Not sure why people complain about wait times at Mc'D's or any fast food. Everyone wants it cheap, yet teenagers are the main employees. You can't have it both ways--a little patience=better prices!

#48 6 years ago

McDonalds near our house sucks. I'd much rather go to Freddy's or Five Guys.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lefman:

Not sure why people complain about wait times at Mc'D's or any fast food. Everyone wants it cheap, yet teenagers are the main employees. You can't have it both ways--a little patience=better prices!

Ehh, not sure I believe the problem is teenagers. My Chick-fil-A is mostly staffed by teenagers and the quality of service is a night and day difference. Busy as hell too.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from T-800:

So, we're bitching about shitty fastfood on a pinball forum now? WTF.

It was supposed to be bitching about shitty service, but all I'm seeing is "FAST FOOT IS DA DEBIL!!! OMG!"

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mc-donalds-really-slow?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.