2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by s1500
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1356 (resized).jpg
    mcd_aussie_legends2016 (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_0317 (resized).JPG
    The-Viper-and-the-Happy-Meal (resized).jpg
    Mac_Sabbath (resized).jpg
    Downey-McDonalds (resized).jpg
    why-mcdonalds-doesnt-serve-breakfast-all-day (resized).jpg
    202294_10150430236250654_4851437_o (resized).jpg
    BoSP4dACcAE4sJj (resized).jpg
    Copy Copy KIMG0019 (resized).jpg
    flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg
    chloebig (resized).png
    chloe (resized).jpg
    IMG_0149 (resized).JPG
    bcf81d62784bd8b34beff380ba3a7d81--urban-movies-s-movies (resized).jpg

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 2 years ago

OH,people!! This is sickening! Pinballerchef is exactly only one of the reasons to stay away from Mc D,& TB!! Kids( humans under 30) have no sense,or motivation to work at fast food places! Girls seem to care a tad more about what there doing! But most boys only work there cause Mommy said they had to get there fat lazy asses out of there cell phones,and pay the bill themselves! I know,I had 2 useless meatheads to this day they live with Mommy! They live out there in Colo.Springs,now high every day on legal pot ! You folks deserve what you get from Mc Ds,and TB!!

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

OH,people!! This is sickening! Pinballerchef is exactly only one of the reasons to stay away from Mc D,& TB!! Kids( humans under 30) have no sense,or motivation to work at fast food places! Girls seem to care a tad more about what there doing! But most boys only work there cause Mommy said they had to get there fat lazy asses out of there cell phones,and pay the bill themselves! I know,I had 2 useless meatheads to this day they live with Mommy! They live out there in Colo.Springs,now high every day on legal pot ! You folks deserve what you get from Mc Ds,and TB!!

Bruh...

Sounds like you need a 20 piece McNuggets.

#53 2 years ago

Sorry,but thats reality today!! When your 64 you will sorely regret being a idiot all your life!!~tip-if your Grandmother didn't eat it,DON'T!

#54 2 years ago

depends on the area and time of day it seams. i remember going to one for breakfast in hilliard ohio near the interstate. The drive through was like 15 cars deep, but it only took a couple of minutes. Two order taker signs, cash person, and must have had a lot of people in the kitchen.

Then i go to the one down the road from me at 2am on a friday and it takes forever and you get old fries and what not.

#55 2 years ago

I'm a McDonald's Manager and it has paid for my collection!

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

chloe (resized).jpg

#57 2 years ago

If you are eating McSnot more than once every six months then you seriously need to look at your dietary situation.

EDIT: I exempt McF'Kn Muffins from the rest of the complete SHIT they sell as they are actually 10% OK.

AND - stop calling everything "Mc" - it really shits normal people RIGHT off!!

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

To be fair we worked our asses off for $4.25 an hour....place was hella-busy! We did some sketchy stuff but nothing harmful. Customers can be and are annoying....I mean YOU know that
    Don't go to mcdonalds asking for extra this and that and take this off my burger for this blah blah blah.....eat the fu$&ing sandwich the way it was intended to be!!

#59 2 years ago

Because according from this copied and pasted from a world study....

" worldwide ages 16-24 are well below average in literacy, math, and tech skills. As bad as the overall scores were, young adults in America did even worse.

When you restrict scores to 16 to 24 year olds, the U.S. ranks 18th out of 23 countries for literacy and is dead last for math skills and the ability to use technology to solve problems.

And despite the degree to which young people seem attached to the Internet and smartphones, America has the highest proportion of young adults with bottom-tier scores."

So when your food takes so long. It's because the employees can't figure out which buttons to press. The kitchen can't figure out which order is yours. The cashier can't figure out the correct change to give. And are also more concerned about Instagram Twitter or Facebook rather than doing their job.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Because according from this copied and pasted from a world study....
    " worldwide ages 16-24 are well below average in literacy, math, and tech skills. As bad as the overall scores were, young adults in America did even worse.
    When you restrict scores to 16 to 24 year olds, the U.S. ranks 18th out of 23 countries for literacy and is dead last for math skills and the ability to use technology to solve problems.
    And despite the degree to which young people seem attached to the Internet and smartphones, America has the highest proportion of young adults with bottom-tier scores."
    So when your food takes so long. It's because the employees can't figure out which buttons to press. The kitchen can't figure out which order is yours. The cashier can't figure out the correct change to give. And are also more concerned about Instagram Twitter or Facebook rather than doing their job.

chloebig (resized).png

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

To be fair we worked our asses off for $4.25 an hour....place was hella-busy! We did some sketchy stuff but nothing harmful. Customers can be and are annoying....I mean YOU know that
    Don't go to mcdonalds asking for extra this and that and take this off my burger for this blah blah blah.....eat the fu$&ing sandwich the way it was intended to be!!

To be fair - LOL - This is exactly how you would like to be treated - I'm sure...

This type of attitude wouldn't have been tolerated at Burger King, back in the day...

"Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, all we ask is that you let us have it your way"

#62 2 years ago

Honestly, if you're doing more than holding the pickles or adding mustard, you should just go to Subway. The worst thing I see at these places is people getting fussy and rude towards the workers, especially when it's a middle managment type. Don't harass the people who spend eight thankless, miserable hours on their feet in front of a hot stove for a wage that doesn't pay the rent, they're working harder in a day than your reddit-browsing butt does in a month.

#63 2 years ago

Sub round egg. Makes bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit ~100% better.

#64 2 years ago

They'll move faster when they get $15 an hour as there will only be 2 of them one cashier one cook

#65 2 years ago

Nothing good in that there fast food.

#66 2 years ago

Whatever the Big Mac meal costs usually indicates the hourly wage for a McDonalds employee. I don't think McDonald's will be able to sell them for $15.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

They'll move faster when they get $15 an hour as there will only be 2 of them one cashier one cook

McDonalds has already announced 2,500 cashier jobs will be replaced with digital kiosks because it is more cost effective than $15/hour wages. Wendy's has said they will be doing this also.

#68 2 years ago

I think we got lucky here in the mountains. Our local McDonald's has been owned by the same family for the last 20 years. The owner is also the manager. I've got young kids, so we end up there about once every few weeks. The food is not too bad, but I do miss their snack wraps.

I think we eat more breakfast there than anything else. You can feed 3 little kids with one big breakfast.

#69 2 years ago

I googled it. A big Mac meal in Canada costs $5.99 our minimum wage is $11.60 now going up to $14 Jan 1 2018. And $15 Jan 1 2019.

So I guess if I actually ate Mc Donald's I would expect to pay $7.29 by 2019.

Quoted from Electrocute:Whatever the Big Mac meal costs usually indicates the hourly wage for a McDonalds employee. I don't think McDonald's will be able to sell them for $15.

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

McDonalds has already announced 2,500 cashier jobs will be replaced with digital kiosks because it is more cost effective than $15/hour wages. Wendy's has said they will be doing this also.

I've used kiosk at Hardees in Kentucky

#71 2 years ago

They are slow because they are having to cook breakfast for people like me when it is dinner time.

The ones by me always seem fast by the way. Someone posted above that Taco Bell is slow and I have to agree. I only go there very rarely and every time I go they are slow as shit and as an added bonus they always screw something up on my order.

#72 2 years ago

I worked at Mcdonalds after high school on the 4AM to 12PM shift 5 days a week for a whopping $3.35 per hour. Busted ass all week and got a check each Friday for less than a hundred bucks after taxes for a 40 hour work week. Back then I could eat McDonalds every day with no ill effects. Not so much these days.
    According to that movie " The Founder" referenced earlier in this thread, Mcdonalds feeds 1% of the WORLD'S population every day. That was a good movie, worth a watching. Had no idea Ray Kroc was such a dick.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I'm a McDonald's Manager and it has paid for my collection!

How many Big Mac's does that translate to?

Actually, I think I'll get a Big Mac on the way to work.

#75 2 years ago

1. Every fast food place I go to, I end up with the "new worker" 100% of the time. Talk about employee turnover.
    2. in West St. Paul, they had a kiosk for taking your order. It got the order right, 100% of the time. Compare this to the breakfast shift where I had to go out of my way to explain what a "breakfast slider" is, despite it right being on the menu above their heads.
    3. When you get an extra value meal(any place), about 99% of the time they will forget to give you your cup.

#76 2 years ago

Download the Mcdonalds ap. Best deal is buy a sandwich get one free. You can use it everyday. Easily saves you $5 but kills you twice as fast.

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Download the Mcdonalds ap. Best deal is buy a sandwich get one free. You can use it everyday. Easily saves you $5 but kills you twice as fast.

Just share with a friend

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Ehh, not sure I believe the problem is teenagers. My Chick-fil-A is mostly staffed by teenagers and the quality of service is a night and day difference. Busy as hell too.

The point is, fast food jobs are not high paying. I think it's a balance. I'd rather have a little patience and buy a burger for $1.29, (as an example), than get it lickity split for $ 3.50. And every chain is different, maybe chick-fil-a precooks their product and all they need to do is throw it in a bun, or whatever. Just sayin, we should give em a break and keep the costs down!!

#79 2 years ago

It's been two years since I've last been to a McDonalds. If you think that's bad, try the lines at In-n-Out, but at least they have superior food.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

It's been two years since I've last been to a McDonalds. If you think that's bad, try the lines at In-n-Out, but at least they have superior food.

My wife's family lives in San Diego (we are actually going out to visit them next month ) and we always get In-n-Out at least twice while we are there. The line is so long in that shopping center that the employees are taking orders outside for the drive thru. The wait is what well worth it.....it's not bad though as they keep the line moving fairly quickly. Agreed on there superior food....so fresh and tasty!

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Easily saves you $5 but kills you twice as fast.

Worth it.

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

THIS my friends IS a McShitter!
    Some of you probably know it well!
    ok, ok...you caught me....it's actually a McUrinal, but sometimes people can't make it that far

Don't ask why I have a pic of it handy...

Copy Copy KIMG0019 (resized).jpg

#83 2 years ago

And if you have to know....I had the pic because I thought shape was odd...looking at it now, it kinda reminds me of the mcmuffin egg...

#84 2 years ago

What happened to Ronald and the playground w/all the plastic balls??aka "den of disesase". The burgers have no taste. Just a vehicle for ketchup and mustard................

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

What ever happened to fast food. Mc D's and To a lesser degree BK since they are usually less busy are really slow anymore. Anyone else experience this. Have any idea why?
    G

Just overlook it, make excuses for them and buy it anyway like some people here do for stern.

#86 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I worked at McDonald's as a teen. When people would ask for for extra sauce on there Big Mac we would hollow out the middle bun and top bun and fill it with so much sauce that when they took a bite out of it it'd squeeze out all over there face. The good ol' days.

I worked at the local McD's when I was in high school. The big mac sauce came in a 'tube' and you used a caulk gun to dispense onto the bun. After close one night, the manager was messing around in the kitchen and I shot her with the sauce gun from about 5 feet away! LOL Those things shot far! Coworker came in about 5 min to close as I was closing the kitchen and ordered a grill order cheeseburger extra cheese.... so he got 10 pieces of cheese on his hamburger! Ah, the good old days......

#87 2 years ago

While reading recent posts in this thread, my mind was wondering but I noticed an excessive amount of discussion aboot McDonalds. Sure it had veered off track I searched for the topic title to discern the truth - it's a thread about McDonalds. Congratulations folks first thread in Pinside history to stay on track. Probably time to head to McDonald's and celebrate with Big Macs and fries to commemorate this accomplishment. Thread is being nominated for a lifetime achievement award.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

While reading recent posts in this thread, my mind was wondering but I noticed an excessive amount of discussion aboot McDonalds. Sure it had veered off track I searched for the topic title to discern the truth - it's a thread about McDonalds. Congratulations folks first thread in Pinside history to stay on track. Probably time to head to McDonald's and celebrate with Big Macs and fries to commemorate this accomplishment. Thread is being nominated for a lifetime achievement award.

Hey! I tried to McWreck it!
    Folks are effin serious about their happy meals.

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Folks are effin serious about their happy meals.

Dead serious.

BoSP4dACcAE4sJj (resized).jpg

#90 2 years ago

Speaking of killer hamburgers. Years ago there was a perfectly tame McDonalds commercial. Nothing sinister about it. But I remember pausing the DVR and coming back to this image on the screen. Looks like Ronald McDonald is coming to kill all the children of the house, but it's actually just a piece of paper. I had to dig back like 7 years in my Facebook photos to find this.

But the angle of the shot, with the hand and the "knife" and the shadowy figure in the door, just makes this look like a horror movie. I've tried to find the original commercial, but it's probably long gone forgotten.

202294_10150430236250654_4851437_o (resized).jpg

#91 2 years ago

French fries cooked in synthetic toxic oil and burger patties cooked yesterday fresh out of some drawer.

If you eat them faster than the time it took them to throw it together, then you get what you deserve.

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

French fries cooked in synthetic toxic oil

Yeah, I blame all the health nuts that forced them to stop using lard. Hasn't been the same since.

#93 2 years ago

The original deep fried apple pie was awesome

#94 2 years ago

You say you want a freshly cooked burger? ha!

why-mcdonalds-doesnt-serve-breakfast-all-day (resized).jpg

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

The original deep fried apple pie was awesome

Still available if you don't mind driving to Downey.

Downey-McDonalds (resized).jpg

#96 2 years ago

Ronald Osborne of Mac Sabbath for all your fast food and "drive-through metal" needs!

Mac_Sabbath (resized).jpg

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

I worked at the local McD's when I was in high school. The big mac sauce came in a 'tube' and you used a caulk gun to dispense onto the bun. After close one night, the manager was messing around in the kitchen and I shot her with the sauce gun from about 5 feet away! LOL Those things shot far! Coworker came in about 5 min to close as I was closing the kitchen and ordered a grill order cheeseburger extra cheese.... so he got 10 pieces of cheese on his hamburger! Ah, the good old days......

Haha love old McD stories. My buddies and I who worked there at the time (yes I was in high school too) got bored one night so we took the letters that they use to make the signs with and created our own fake burger....the "Weldon" burger whom was the managers name working the next day. This was in view of the cars going through drive thru and the drive thru ladies were getting asked bout it for awhile b4 they figure it out....gotta good laugh out of it.

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

What happened to Ronald and the playground w/all the plastic balls??aka "den of disesase".

The one where I worked had a big sign declaring it the "Small Fries ball pit".
    And yes, we got in there and crawled around when the restaraunt was closed. Lucky to not come down with Swine Flu or some such.

#99 2 years ago

The-Viper-and-the-Happy-Meal (resized).jpg

#100 2 years ago

There's a classic saying "good fast or cheap - pick 2!"

McDonald's used to have the golden goose of being all 3. (and that's probably why they rocketed to success) I recall in the early 90's the burgers were juicy, the fries hot and you could get a value meal for $2.99.

Inflation adjusted that's $5.02 now - yet most of the meals are $7-$8. And everything tastes dried out, like it's been sitting forever.

Places like Culver's or Chik-Fil-A used to be "expensive" compared to McDonald's but now they're the same price with much higher quality - pretty easy decision for consumers!

The closest you get to "classic McDonalds" is in an airport where everything is hot and fresh because it's so busy.

But the average brick and mortar? It's now "crappy, slow and not cheap" - 3 strikes you're out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 214.99
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 17.50
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Loop Combo Pinball
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 129.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside