Topic poll

“Which would you rather own ?”

• Monster bash 51 votes
    54%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean 43 votes
    46%

(94 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I love the vs threads so I wanted to start this one. Which of these two amazing games would you rather own and why???

#2 5 years ago

Neither....

#3 5 years ago

But which one?

#4 5 years ago

IMDN Premium

#6 5 years ago

For home use? Only pirates have the depth.

That being said I'll buy both lol

#7 5 years ago

While I love the nostalgia of MB it’s a game that most have challenged over the years. The work and creativity Eric, Joe, KEF and team put into POTC is absolutely stunning in my opinion. This will be the game that raises the bar for many to shoot for for a long time I suspect. Just my opinion. Long short it really is a great time for pinball thanks to All of the company’s big and small really making these VS threads a difficult task.

#8 5 years ago

I'm not a pirates fan at all, but the new JJP Pirates really looks good. MB really is overrated just because of the monster theme. Good game, but not that special.

#9 5 years ago

JJP Potc. Mbr cool theme but very shallow game and nothing all that exciting for me with the layout.

The JJP machine is a fresh layout with more shots than any other machine I’ve seen.

#10 5 years ago

I own a MB. I’m on the fence on JJPOTC until I play it.
MB is a great classic that all family members love.
Pirates looks really nice but I really don’t want another wide body pin.

The great thing is there are so many options now and in the future.
There’s something for everyone between all the manufacturers.

Great time for pinball.

#11 5 years ago

Both.

So if anyone calls me for help. I know what's going on.

LTG : )

#12 5 years ago

I would get MBr

Big disclaimer: I have not played JJP pirates yet.

#13 5 years ago

I don’t know about MBr obviously, but the original MB is a very fun, easy to get into game - GREAT for first timers, but still fun as hell if you’re more experienced. Good game length too - 10/15 minutes for a really long game. Lots of literal bashing, some strategy but it is not burdensome.

JJP games in general can provide long ball times, depth which is unmatched by any other manufacturer. You name it - WOZ, TH, DI are all super deep. Lots of choices, lots of modes, lots of fun.

So which is more important? In my heart of hearts, I love MB but I feel there may be some buyer’s remorse if the game isn’t priced real competitively. It’s FUN but it would be a shame if it turns out to be TNA 2, fun but end of the day not all that much really going on there

#14 5 years ago

I’m going to Chicago next week to play MBr. I’m hoping the upgrades will dazzle.
I’ve played JJ POTC at two shows. It’s stunning.

Many Pinsiders complain that MB is too shallow—but at my skill level it hits a sweet spot. After a long day I don’t want to put too much thought into my pinball strategy (multipliers, etc.)

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

I’m going to Chicago next week to play MBr. I’m hoping the upgrades will dazzle.
I’ve played JJ POTC at two shows. It’s stunning.
Many Pinsiders complain that MB is too shallow—but at my skill level it hits a sweet spot. After a long day I don’t want to put too much thought into my pinball strategy (multipliers, etc.)

If you dont mind me asking, how are you going to.playbit next week? Do you know the guys from Pinball Chicago? If it is a public event, please share as I am so excited to play it.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

If you dont mind me asking, how are you going to.playbit next week? Do you know the guys from Pinball Chicago? If it is a public event, please share as I am so excited to play it.

Ashley from CGC created a Help post to any Pinsider to come play test. Don’t need to know anyone simply respect the NDA request and PM her. I’ll be there Monday.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-cgc-test-monster-bash

LTG : )

#18 5 years ago

I'd pick the one you haven't played yet.

#19 5 years ago

New game for tons of money is better than old game for tons of money.

#20 5 years ago

Thank you so much, I am going to try to make it out there!!!!

#21 5 years ago

I live just an hour away from their building. I hope so badly I get this opportunity. Monster Bash has always been my all time favorite pinball machine.

#22 5 years ago

So excited, heading up there at 1pm tomorrow to play!!!!!!!!!

#23 5 years ago

i couldnt own monster bash more than a month, just seen and done everything on it and you can do it all on one ball O_o I would vote potc at home cause way more stuff to do and new game, insane amount of modes to learn and figure out, would last longer at home.

but i wouldnt pay the prices for either of them

#24 5 years ago

MB is a great game but does not have the depth of POTC. I would think POTC would win out for me. Well... Actually it is. New LE headed my way soon!

#25 5 years ago

Jury is still out...POTC needs to prove itself before its in the same league as MB....

#26 5 years ago

I have yet to play potc and unfortunately have only played mb on the pinball arcade. Potc looks amazing and I can't wait to see mbr! Only time will tell...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mbr-vs-jjpotc-?hl=outlanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.